DLA !! What a farce

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you sitting comfortably ?? Then i shall begin .......

Way back in May 2009 i returned my review form for DLA which was turned down and would stop end September; i then asked them to look again at this decision receiving a letter from them in july acknowledging my request and a further letter appologising for the delay in August.

By September i had not heard anything so i rang them and was given a fob story and someone would call me back. :( 2 weeks later i rang again and was told it was being treated as a new claim now ??? eh

At this point i got in touch with the CAB as i was confused and they rang; they were told the original one had been closed and a new one had been received ??? i didnt send a new one !!

When the CAB adviser queried the letters from July and August which appeared to confirm that the original claim was still open she was told there was no evidence to support this but was advised to submit a letter asking them to look at the original review again which was sent December.

Then on 11 january i had a letter from DWP asking for more information .... why my appeal was so late ??? LATE ?? now what are they on about.

Sent all the information back return post, photo coppies of letters from them and cover letter with timeline.

THEN on 1st february i got the confirmation that they had looked at my case again and had awarded me Higher Rate mobility for an indefinate period back dated to September :):):):)

So i waited till today and when i didnt get anything from them i rang, explained to the young lady i was waiting for my money and was met with a wall of silence ?? but i have it in writeing !! here!! from you !! but computer says NO

Seems the computer told her another story and my case is still open. :confused::confused:

On hold i go and passed from pillar to post i end up being told they have to review my file and will get back to me today. erm no you didnt.

so when i rang back i was told the lady who was going to pull my file finishd at 1pm :mad:

So here i am waiting for tomorrow !!!

WATCH THIS SPACE !!!!!!

Edited by simonslady
added more information

I've always found/believed that it is best to channel said anger towards those directly responsible for it but not in a loud or offensive manner but in a controlled, calculated manner.

Presumably you have paperwork from them that shows your claim of hi rate has been awarded and backdated to Sept 2009?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

subbing with interest.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

:D:D:D:D

I do hope this excitment is not premature !!!

Just off the phone and it looks like good news, Barbara was very nice to talk to and did try to explain that there is always a gap between them sending out the paperwork and it getting onto there computers;

I always thought the computers generated the paperwork ? and it was the 1st Febuary that paperwork was printed.

And the payments can usually take up to 4 weeks to come through and i think there was a small appology for the mix up in there to.

But it looks like they have sorted it all out ..... everything crossed.

So i thought lets get the road tax sorted while im at it :) and called the main number (the other was a direct office line)

You got it ... computer said NO but this nice young lady did say my file was being updated and to try again in a week or so and in the mean time they would send forms out.

Will give them a couple weeks before i phone again