The ex, da da daaah

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why after nearly ten years on no contact with ex am I worried about what he will think of how I look?

Right I am a compulsive pig and since trying to lose weight have put on a stone and a half:eek:

Pushing 17 stone which is horrific and wondering how much weight can I lose in three weeks:-x

Is this normal behaviour because frankly I dont know. Ive seen a picture of his partner and shes not slim, so what am I up to?

Not interested in rekindling as he was a violent bully, supposed worried he will be glad he got away from the tub of lard even though I left him when he told me I was surplus to requirements :D

Why after nearly ten years on no contact with ex am I worried about what he will think of how I look?

Right I am a compulsive pig and since trying to lose weight have put on a stone and a half:eek:

Pushing 17 stone which is horrific and wondering how much weight can I lose in three weeks:-x

Is this normal behaviour because frankly I dont know. Ive seen a picture of his partner and shes not slim, so what am I up to?

Not interested in rekindling as he was a violent bully, supposed worried he will be glad he got away from the tub of lard even though I left him when he told me I was surplus to requirements :D

Do you have to see him? Do you want to?

I think it's pretty normal to want to look your best in front of an ex, regardless of how long it's been since you split or even how long you were together. If you decide to loose weight though or change anything else about your looks you should be doing it for yourself. You're more likely to achieve your goals and keep it off. That being said, I'm on bridesmaid duty in May and having to stand in front of a bunch of people has given me the kick up the backside I needed to start being more healthy again. Having a goal can help but shouldn't be the reason behind any changes you make.

I think your feelings on seeing him are perfectly normal. Everybody would want to look their best. Just don't do anything drastic. Loosing too much too fast can be very dangerous and many daft diets that are out there can cause lots of problems.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

What you worrying about you are you and if you are happy with how you look and how you feel in yourself stuff what he thinks.

My hubbies ex and I'm going back a long time ago used to make me feel inadequate - rubbish - but hey - I got over that, looked at her and thought why should she make me feel like this, I said to myself I don't care and it worked - she was probably jealous cos I'm younger.

So stuff him and his other half and just think I like me, other people like me, and I won't let you get the better of me.

I've been dieting on and off for over 30 years, weight goes, it comes back, it goes and so on.

Diet for yourself not for others thats the worst way of dieting.

Have you checked that it's not a medical reason you've put the weight on such as under/over active thyroid?

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

You'll have to watch you don't stand on any cracks in the pavement :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

When I was skinny I felt fat and bordered anorexic, I thought a pot noodle was a main meal:confused: when working 14 hours a day. I Know now Ive been depressed on and off since childhood and not really diagnosed with it in any depth till now. I think thats why I shift from eating nowt to gobbing as much as I can.

Truth is I am a piggy and know I can get there its just doing it. I did it last time by using the wii fit and hoola hooping, the feel of what you have to do to work of a chocolate bar in calories was enough to inspire me I didnt want a choccy bar. Trouble is daughter lost my game and well at xmas ate every tin of choccies going. I get the shakes and feel the need to down sugar so know I have to do something now before too late, as in diabetes cos fat a possibolity if I carry on.

I'll get there. Havnt been able to sleep for a while so decided to clean the oven next thing was sorting the cuboards and tommorow cleaning the floor, it was well overdue;) Wonder how many calories that was:D

Honestly the oven top was enough to put anyone off food:)

There was this radio show I was listening to last year where they tried different diet methods on a number of volunteers, on had own trainer, one pre package meals delivere the other weight watchers and one told to eat healthily for comparison.

Cant remember which one but they did a montly weigh in and this woman was arguing with them that the scales were wrong live on radio. Poor thing came in every month and left eventually heavier than started at pushing 20 stone. Felt for her, but she was possibly a person with undiagnosed health disorder, she swore blind she ate healthily.

Your right about the ex. The problem I had was his new partner made persistant harrasing calls that involved the police in the end, she kept ringing asking to speak to her new children and as she couldnt have kids she when drunk was a little unhinged to say the least. With me being ill and newly back on my own it was a little too much. I must admit I wish them well and hold no hateful feelings. My only stipulation is she keeps away from my kids. I didnt know but was told years later when I was recovering after being ill, my kids were took to her and she told them she was their new mother, very disturbing. They were young but one remembers saying you are not our mum.

Though feel all will go well and kiddies old enough to say what they want which is what matters after all.:)

Your right about the ex. The problem I had was his new partner made persistant harrasing calls that involved the police in the end, she kept ringing asking to speak to her new children and as she couldnt have kids she when drunk was a little unhinged to say the least. With me being ill and newly back on my own it was a little too much. I must admit I wish them well and hold no hateful feelings. My only stipulation is she keeps away from my kids. I didnt know but was told years later when I was recovering after being ill, my kids were took to her and she told them she was their new mother, very disturbing. They were young but one remembers saying you are not our mum.

Though feel all will go well and kiddies old enough to say what they want which is what matters after all.:)

Sounds very unhinged!! I'd be quite wary of her I think.

I know it probably sounds lame but you could try fruit sometimes instead of chocolate. I don't mean all the time, sometimes only choccy will hit the spot! I don't like boring fruit like banana's or apples much so I get raspberrys and blackberrys strawberrys and grapes and make fruit salads for snacks. I LOVE berries, and fruit stabalises your blood sugar levels unlike chocolate that makes it crash. It might help with the shaking thing if there's something you can find that you really like. For me the trick is to find things that I do like. No point eating anything just because it's healthy, you have to enjoy it and want to eat it too.

P.S. I still struggle with my weight though even with the best intentions. I think I alwatys will now. As seaside lady and others have said below, it's part of neing female!

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Almost every woman has issues with her weight, it's crap :( but hey, we are who we are.

If your ex was violent and a bully, why instead of worrying about your weight, show him what a strong confident woman you are now, no thanks to him. Show him how far you have come. And be proud of it. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

If your ex was a violent bully, then he is definately the last person in the world who deserve's your beauty and efforts. Focus the energy and love on yourself instead of wasting it on those toxic people that we so often hold onto in our lives. Let go, love yourself, and make those goals just for you!

http://www.postalgold.info/

Edited by georgie21

I wouldn't even bother making contact with your ex. Unless there are kids involved just get on with your life and forget him. I haven't seen my ex in 6 years and i don't even want to know how they are, life goes on.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks for input. Finally got some sleep and now its teatime:confused:

If I cant face it my friend will probably take kids for me, after all I have trouble getting out of the house, alike to agrophobia, havnt beenout since xmas. Yep probably better friend does it then wont put myself under any pressure.

Got nearly 20.00 in tesco vouchers today, they did a good bonus on buying daughters phone, and decided to replace my wii fit plus game, son walks in and baggsies them for something called modern warfare 2. Oh well:(

Off to make tea on my for the first time in ages spotless cooker. Son admitted he got overenthusiastic in making porridge and that explained the mass of burnt yuk all over it. Adorable kiddie but yet to learn clean up mess after you, he cooks a pizza and dumps box on floor:rolleyes:

Go to it girl - remember its for yourself and the kids.

Your kids are your kids and can never be anyone elses.

Hey you want to come to mine and you can clean my kitchen for me.

Diabetic is me - diet controlled - still eat things I shouldn't.

Don't eat too many bananas as they are full of sugar or too many pears, you may end up with to much potasium - I love bananas and pears and was told to eat very seldom as they are full of potasium - I ate loads of them and was ill because I had too much potasium.

As above make yourself a fruit salad with all the fruits you like, have some low fat yoghurt (flavoured if you like) to pour over instead of cream or ice cream. Yeh I know boring but think of the calories.

Those small pots of low fat ambrosia rice and the banana flavour are nice, just the right size and tasty too.

Have something filling for breakfast, a piece of fruit for mid morning, a low fat sandwich at lunch and a nice evening meal with lean meat or chicken without the skin and lovely green veg.

Yeh like we do - Im back on the diet this week promised myself I'd lose at least a stone or two before I look for some nice summer gear.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation