Arrow Global what to do please?

hme.4x4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not sure what to do about this (if anything)

I CCA'd several creditors about 2 years ago and happily most of them did not have an enforceable agreement. So I have not paid any of them for 2 years.

The defaults have all fallen away from my CRF except for one which will come off in May.

I checked my file today and find that Arrow Global Ltd have placed a default on my file for an amount of £2700 +.

I have had no letter from them, no notice of assignment and no default notice, in fact I had never even heard of them until today.

I am not sure, but I think this is for a Lloyds TSB account from 1995. Lloyds didn't respond to my CCA request and I informed them after waiting a very long time that the account is in dispute. They never replied.

The default is recorded as 09/2004 so should fall off in September anyway, but Arrow Global have updated it this month.

It is recorded in my previous married name, a name which I have not had for 9 years. I have recently moved house so they don't have my new address either, and, for this reason I don't want to contact them at all.

I have been looking at other posts on here and am worried that Arrow Global seem to be a bunch of heavies who take people to court and go for bankruptcy.

What do I do?

Have they adjusted the date of the defualt?

Unless they have been messing with the default date, then i would leave them be, any legal action they foolishly think of bringing can be well defended, as you have proof of requesting your CCA from the OC, they couldn't produce one, so there is zero chance of these clowns doing so.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Bazooka, no, they haven't adjusted the default date.

Lloyds hadn't recorded the default on my CRF but they had defaulted the account in 2004. Arrow Global have recorded it on my CRF with the original default date of 2004 on the 17th. of this month.

As I said, I've never heard of them until now and haven't had any contact from them.

Hopefully, I still won't as they as still using my old married name and my old address ;)

I would leave well alone. Just be careful in checking your credit report as it can wake DCAs up as you have to confirm your full name and address.

Thats OK, it just means that Arrow Global now have the debt on their file so they have updated the CRA's with their details.

It will drop off after it's six year point, never to be seen again!

http://www.globaldebtrecovery.com/

I'd assume it's them lot?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've just checked, as you are in Scotland the Statute Barred period is five years..... so it's Statute Barred now and shouldn't even be on your credit file. Make a complaint to the Credit Reference Agency & the ICO. https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Well spotted!

I feel a wee dram coming on dont ya know..;)

Sorry guys but I am not in Scotland!

Also it is not statute barred. Although the account is 15 years old and was defaulted by Lloyds in 2004, I made the last payment 2 years ago.

Strangely, Experian do not have my new address, might have something to do with the fact I have not registered on the Electoral Roll and don't intend to.:)

The entry on my CRF is in my old married name (9 years out of date) and my old address, (which is also wrong). I do my CRF checks online and they still have my old address on there.

It really ticks me off that I have worked on cleaning up my files for ages and the last default is due to come off in May, now Arrow Global have made this entry it will still show a default until September now. Waste of time complaining to Experian, they won't take it off even though it is incorrect, false, misleading etc etc, can't expect accuracy from them now can we ??

I have just finished reading pages and pages on Arrow Global and I am really worried. They do seem to be very aggressive and quick to take people to court.

Because they have entered a default on my credit report in my old name and address, (both wrong) they probably haven't got my new address.

The default will fall off my CRF in September anyway so what are they likely to do?

Are your old and current addresses linked on your credit reference file?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

No, I check my CRF online and they only have my old address.

I am really concerned about the posts on here where Arrow Global are making people bankrupt on a whim.

I own no property, have an 8 year old car and live on Incapacity Benefit and DLA.

Edited by hme.4x4

Lucky Barstool!

I don't qualify for DLA as apparently I'm not disabled enough??

You can check to see if they have already got a CCJ bvy default here: CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

And here is some other reading you might find useful:

Debt from Disability | Debt - Special Situations | The UK Insolvency Helpline

Check your old name and address and see if there is any CCJ awarded.

It IS NOT the end of the world if they have, it can easily be set aside if you wish.

The simple fact that you have no collateral won't necessarily mean they still won't apply for a CCJ, but being on benefits, no house, no car, no permanent employment, savings, etc etc, will act in your favour, as any respectable DJ will only make you pay what you can realistically afford, and if that is £1 a month, then that is all they will get!

Boo;)

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the Arrow Global problem.

I complained to Experian that I have no account with this company, have never heard of them, have had no Notice of assignment, no Default Notice and no communication from them at all yet they have defaulted me.

As expected Experian refuse to remove the default without Arrows permission as follows;

RE: Arrow Global Ltd

WHAT THEY HAVE CONFIRMED:

- The lender has confirmed that the details we hold are accurate and have requested that we retain the information on our database.

- The lender has advised that you put the details in writing as to why you believe this should not be recorded as defaulted and send them to :

Arrow Global,

Belvedere,

12 Booth Street,

Manchester,

M2 4AW.

Once received, this matter will be fully investigated.

- Unfortunately I am unable to amend this information without their authorisation.

Yeah right! So all I need to do is write to Arrow Global, giving them my address and details and they will 'investigate the matter'

Pray tell, if they have informed Experian that the details are correct why do they need to 'investigate' ????

Do they really think I was born yesterday...I'm spitting mad as you can tell no doubt!

Get onto the ICO, and let them do the investigating. Inform the CRA that you are doing this and that you will be awaiting the outcome.

If you do contact the Information Commissioner's office then be aware that they may send a copy of your correspondence to Arrow.

If your communication with ICO contains your present address then Arrow will have your address anyway.

Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea ...

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another update.

I complained to Experian and this is the reply. Bearing in mind, I have no idea what this is about, no communication whatsoever, no DN, no N of A, nothing.

I have reviewed the previous correspondence in this matter and I would firstly advise that Arrow Global are a debt collection company who would have purchased the debt off the original creditor recently which is why the entry has only just started appearing on your credit report. Although Arrow Global have advised that the account in question defaulted in 2004, the account would not have been recorded in their name.

Quite often when a debt collection company purchases the debt off the original creditor, they do not have all the details relating to the original account and so they have simply confirmed that, as far as their records go, the details they have are correct. However, upon contact from yourself, they would no doubt be willing to investigate further with the original creditor. We would strongly recommend that you contact Arrow Global and establish who they have brought the debt off so that you can then establish whether the debt does actually belong to you or not.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain to you in full the processes we have in place when an individual queries the accuracy of an entry recorded on their credit report.

Under Section 159 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, you have the right to query information on your credit report that you believe to be inaccurate, once you have received a copy of your report.

You may wish to refer to the relevant legislation below that outlines the process we adhere to when dealing with disputed information.

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

159 Correction of wrong information

(1) Any individual (the ?objector?) given-

(a) information under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 by a credit reference agency, or

(b) information under section 158,

who considers that an entry in his file is incorrect, and that if it is not corrected he is likely to be prejudiced, may give notice to the agency requiring it either to remove the entry from the file or amend it.

(2) Within 28 days after receiving a notice under subsection (1), the agency shall by notice inform the objector that it has-

(a) removed the entry from the file, or

(b) amended the entry, or

© taken no action,

and if the notice states that the agency has amended the entry it shall include a copy of the file so far as it comprises the amended entry.

I also draw your attention to the fourth Data Protection Principle, which states that:

Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

Within Schedule 1, Part II (Interpretation of the Data Protection Principles) of the Data Protection Act 1998 it is explained that, as a credit reference agency, we are not considered to have breached the Act by querying the disputed information and adding a Notice of Dispute statement.

7. The fourth principle is not to be regarded as being contravened by reason of any inaccuracy in personal data which accurately record information obtained by the data controller from the data subject or a third party in a case where-

(a) having regard to the purpose or purposes for which the data were obtained and further processed, the data controller has taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the data, and

(b) if the data subject has notified the data controller of the data subject's view that the data are inaccurate, the data indicate that fact.

Our regulator considers our action to query disputed information with the data provider as taking additional steps to verify the accuracy of the entry and by adding a statement to this effect to your report we are recording your viewpoint that the entry is inaccurate.

Therefore, we were choosing to take no action with regards to your initial request to remove this information from your report. Should you wish to verify this you can contact our regulator at the following address:

The Information Commissioner's Office: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF

In view of this, I am of the opinion that we have acted correctly throughout this matter and in accordance with the relevant legislation. I remind you that under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, each lender that supplies us with information is obligated to ensure that the data is accurate and kept up to date.

I hope this explains why we cannot act unilaterally to remove data from your report, especially when the company concerned has confirmed it to be accurate or has not authorised us to make any amendments, as in your case.

Furthermore, as we also have a responsibility to enable lenders to make informed lending decisions, I am sure that you can appreciate why we cannot amend information simply because the individual concerned claims that the data is incorrect.

If we operated in this way, any individual could claim that all the adverse information on their report was inaccurate purely as a means of improving their credit report. This would put our clients at risk by enabling people to potentially obtain finance that otherwise would not be offered to them

Because of this, if a consumer disputes information on their report we query this with the data provider. The only instances where we would remove information without direct authorisation from the data provider is if a Court Order is provided that specifically states that an entry should be deleted or a ruling is made from a recognised regulatory body.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of the queries that we raised on your behalf, then I suggest that you take up this matter with the Information Commissioner's Office.