style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, the category is applicable to the household. It would be discriminatery if it only applied to vulnerable people living on their own. As you are finding out, by chasing the OH they are still subjecting you to potential harm. It would be a different matter if OH lived elsewhere.

Rae.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks they are discriminating, and they are harrasing i would say also as if they wish to make my symptoms worse which is not hard to be honest, if i can hang on and they dont come over the weekend then i might just get a reply of the ceo and finance department thx rae

remiss of me PT! Thanks :) [i always have it available so never worry about prompting me - on those rare occassions I haven't plastered it everywhere!]

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and,

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

The list is not exhaustive and is for guidance. You are receiving continuing treatment through your GP and, iirc, also access other NHS service providers.

Apols wakers.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o

no ur fine thanks ive linked that in to my email thanks ever so much youve been a great help if nothing else iv been pro active and tried to head off a sort of breakdown,(lol) if thats at all funny, im glad ive got laminate coz there wud be holes in the carpet with all the pacing

No worries. Yours is the sort of story that irritates me. Whilst the Standards aren't law, they clearly set out a simple method of how to deal with the genuinely vulnerable [by that I mean those who can provide supporting evidence]. The councils, the bailiffs and the courts have a moral obligation of basic humanity. Here, at least, you have the moral highground and the right to shout long and loud about your treatment.

It's not about avoiding the debt but about removing the extra level of stress bailiffs historically bring with them. It's about acknowledging the extra needs you have and treating you with the basic level of dignity you deserve.

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o

i no thanks rae, im growing strength from the knowledge and info i have been given on here, unfortunately these bailiffs have seen we live in a nice house(private rent) but unfortnately the councils and the housing assoc. up here are insane we were told if we were to be evicted/homeless they would offer us emergency shelter but bcoz other half works we would have to pay the princly sum of £400 pw for the privalage. there are no houses on waiting lists for a family of our size there too busy splitting them up into flats. yes it was our decision to have 5 children and i worked a full time and a part time job both at the same time for years untill my last child, and have never been in good health since, i did a bit of volunteer work for a year at my childrens school as a classroom assistant, i cant even do that anymore because of everything, its a shame but hey ho we'll plod on and hope the bar stewards dont grind us down (lol)

You do indeed get Sundays off!

Don't expect replies due to the weekend but it'll be there nice and early for him on the monday morning. Some people are able to check work email from home.

Hang in there hunni.

Rae.

Having read the thread, i don't want to sound alarmist, but make you more aware and possibly prepared that although Sundays are usually "days off" as such. We had someone come round on a sunday morning at 9:15am, kids in jimmer jammers and eating breakfast. As you can imagine i was seriously not impressed.

We were not expecting them, so were a little side tracked, but after a few minutes of questioning realised who he was and what they wanted, a few stern words of "encouragement" to him, he made off in his brand new Mercedes with his tail rightly between his legs.

These "professionals" as they like to be called, will try almost anyting and use every devious tactic in the book to get you to open doors, pay up etc, be really nice etc. Don't be fooled and stick to your guns.

I wish you well and hope you get better soon, and always remember, there are lots of people who can help you on here :)

^^ thanks il keep that in mind i saw them pull up this morn so if i have to sit by the window i will i mean i am a little worried if i have to nip out to the shop etc but have read also somewhere they cant enter if there is kids in an not an adult, by this i mean my 14 yr old daughter she always has strict instructions never to open the door and im never more than 5 mins away, its no way to live really so il stay strong and make sure iv got copies of everything ready il write down a script if i have to, to make them aware of my rights coz i no il get flustered

Also just to note, if you do have a mobile phone with a camera, don't be afraid to use it, film them doing their dirty deeds, if not record what they are saying. I let him know everytime i was recording out of coutesy and the tone of his voice changed from demon to angel within seconds!

After the chap left in his bright shiny car, he decided that was not enough and called 9 times during the follwoing 36 hours, all of which i have recorded, this was back in October and have not heard from him or his company since.

I still have the recordings saved on my phone and only the other day listened to them all over again. Once you have them on the back foot they soon back off and whimper away!

For your info:

It is recommended that enforcement should only be carried out between the hours of 6.00am and 9.00pm or at any time during trading hours, existing legislation must be observed.

Enforcement agents should be respectful of the religion and culture of others at all times. They should be aware of the dates for religious festivals and carefully consider the appropriateness of undertaking enforcement on any day of religious or cultural observance or during any major religious or cultural festival

Complained...? I did more than complain, i took everything i knew about him, down to the registration of his car, colour, make and model, what he was wearing, times, dates and the onslaught of phone calls i received from him and reported him to his company, my local MP and continually wrote to his company wanting an explaination....

Like i said i have heard nothing from him or his company since October last year. Here's hoping they have crawled back under the stone they originally come from!

lol inadvertantly that made me chuckle about the shiny car(a rare chuckle at that) my charger for my mobile broke today so my battry was dead so i couldnt record, iv already been doing that for building a harrasment case and fraud from a few family members as well not having a good time of it lately but i like to hear from cases like yours who have the strength to fight, saying that im having some external help from a fellow cagger who has been a diamond she knows who she is x

lol inadvertantly that made me chuckle about the shiny car

Well put it this way, if he had stayed any longer, the "shiny" Merc he was driving, would not have been shiny for much longer....Afterall i was the "champion egg thrower" in my school days!! ;-)

Funny... yes :D, gutsy...sometimes :p, but don't like to be fleeced, taunted, lied to, or talked down to. (Everything a Bailiff does!)

I understand they have a job to do and all that BS, but if they do it in the right manner i have no problem with that, but from what i have seen they make it up for the most part as they go along, CAG has helped me loads, and if it wasn't for this site, i would have been fleeced, lied to, probably took to the cleaners, had a mental breakdown and be even greyer than what i already am.

There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel....

Out of Darkness cometh Light :)

Wakers, you can always give back to this site. I think all of us who regularly do what we can here started in your position.

I take a great interest in the vulnerable because I am too. And I've been threatened, harrassed, bullied and frightened to heck by bailiffs in the past. I didn't have little evo's strength. It won't happen again I can assure you.

When you're through this and feel stronger, then I'm sure you'll want to post and help others through your experience and what you're learning along the way.

It's how we grow. Organically.

:)

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
type o

Wakers, you can always give back to this site. I think all of us who regularly do what we can here started in your position.

I take a great interest in the vulnerable because I am too. And I've been threatened, harrassed, bullied and frightened to heck by bailiffs in the past. I didn't have little evo's strength. It won't happen again I can assure you.

When you're through this and feel stronger, then I'm sure you'll want to post and help others through your experience and what you're learning along the way.

It's how we grow. Organically.

:)

Best wishes.

Rae.

Oh Rae this did make me laugh. Bailiffs as keen gardeners pliling on the sh*t so true, so true:D:D:D

For your info:

It is recommended that enforcement should only be carried out between the hours of 6.00am and 9.00pm or at any time during trading hours, existing legislation must be observed.

Enforcement agents should be respectful of the religion and culture of others at all times. They should be aware of the dates for religious festivals and carefully consider the appropriateness of undertaking enforcement on any day of religious or cultural observance or during any major religious or cultural festival

Times and Hours

• Enforcement should not be undertaken on Sundays, on Bank Holidays, on Good Friday or on Christmas Day, unless the court specifically orders otherwise or in situations where legislation permits it.
  • It is recommended that enforcement should only be carried out between the hours of 6.00am and 9.00pm or at any time during trading hours, existing legislation must be observed.
  • Enforcement agents should be respectful of the religion and culture of others at all times. They should be aware of the dates for religious festivals and carefully consider the appropriateness of undertaking enforcement on any day of religious or cultural observance or during any major religious or cultural festival.

hi guys just an update,had a bit of a meltdown this weekend due to all the stress of whats been going on and had to get a few agencies involved, i now have the help of a psychiatric nurse, i contacted my mps again, i had two working on my behalf both stressed that they would try an get things sorted i got a reply from my local council regarding coreespondence about my vunerability etc, and how roossendales are working within the guidlines by chasing the OH because the bill is in both names iemailed back saying the whole houslehold is classed as vunerable, and that rossendales have been deemed to abandon the debt because its over 6 months old, to get an email back that i (vunerable) person should ring rossendales back and sort it out. where do i go from here the council are not bothered that rossendales are not working within the guidlines, but would rather intimidate, harrass and ignore any vunerable situations, not to mention the added health implications have now cost me and them financially any help greatly appreciated