Recorded delivery

blakey06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Might seem a bit odd but I had one of those nice while you were out cards left by the postie this morning for a recorded delivery letter.

I am not expecting anything by recorded delivery and now my Mum has got me thinking it might be from a Debt Collector or court.

Do they ever send anything out recorded delivery?

Blakey

Unfortunately, I do have some current dealings with debt collectors.

Although for some reason its been remarkably quiet since before Christmas!

I've since phoned the few people who may have sent me an item recorded delivery but none of them have.

IF it IS a Stat Demand being sent recorded and I don't go and pick it up what is likely to happen? I know that the post office only keep them for a week before returning them!

Blakey

Unfortunately, I do have some current dealings with debt collectors.

Although for some reason its been remarkably quiet since before Christmas!

I've since phoned the few people who may have sent me an item recorded delivery but none of them have.

IF it IS a Stat Demand being sent recorded and I don't go and pick it up what is likely to happen? I know that the post office only keep them for a week before returning them!

Blakey

What is a statutory Demand?

A Statutory Demand is the first step to bankruptcy against an individual and this is prepared and served without any court involvement. A statutory demand can be served as soon as the debt is due and a judgment is not necessary. If the debtor disputes the claim, he or she can apply for the statutory demand to be set aside. The bankruptcy court will halt the bankruptcy if there is any dispute about the sum outstanding. It can be relatively easy for a debtor to have a statutory demand set aside and the process can result in an order for costs being made against the creditor.

So I would get round the post office just in case.

Have you got ongoing dealing with 1st Credit/Connought Collections/Judge & Preistley Solicitors.

It can be relatively easy for a debtor to have a statutory demand set aside

CAUTION! The Statutory Demand can be set aside IF there appropriate grounds. And this is a big IF.

The first point to consider is that the SD must be properly served on the defendant. In this case the claimant appears to have sent it by recorded delivery. If the delivery hasn't been recorded then it hasn't been delivered.

Hence, my recommendation would be not to go to the PO and collect the item. If the PO try to deliver it again then you can quite legitimately refuse to sign.

Ultimately the PO will return it to the sender.

At this point you do not even know the contents of the letter - or even that it is a letter. It is pure speculation that it is a Statutory Demand.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)