Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive contacted consumer direct and they advised me to write to BPF and state the differences between the two companies and that we aren't getting like for like.

I have been keeping up with the payments because im after saving up for a deposit for an house and i dont want to cacel any direct debits and damage my credit score. They advised me to carry on paying till this as been resolved.

Im just putting a letter of complaint together and sending it off to them. I have contacted the financial onbudsman a couple of weeks back because someone said i should. They sent me some forms out to sign and send them back but i've been away and only just got round to do it.

They are allowed 'reasonable' contact attempts.

And that does not include threats.They must be clear and consise,

If they say they will hand over to a dept collector - They must name the dept collector.[No tacky dept collection in the world will buy a dept for £5.000/£10.000]

BUT.....

When an account is in dispute they can not make demands or threats for payment.So if they do, complain in writing to all concerning bodies when they do.

Complaints = fines!

Thanks Lowdown.

They can GTF!

"hi i had my interview down by oxford street and he told me i could start the course and pay in 12mnths time. he said thats how all the british born students were doing it, as they get them a job after 3 months."

The above is very interesting, would you guys be able to write if you are british and what loan were you offered? because if that is the case, it is discrimination..

I wrote BPF to freeze my account, that it is in dispute but i got another fob off letter plus another letter with bank giro credit slip. from a completely different person, they know nothing about how to handle this.

really angry at them, calls do not stop, not even on bank holiday.

I got on reasonably well on the phone they try to talk over you all the time and treat you like a complete idiot. I found the only way to have the upper hand was to not let them talk at all. Also if they give you any BS about how in the right they are just ask them if you are currently talking to a qualified solicitor, shuts them up pretty fast. At the end of the call i told her i anyone calls me again today or within the next two days i will consider it harresment and block them from calling me.

Re the Twitter posts they are in realtime and i've contacted the guy but waiting on a reply. The Posts are now displaying 2days ago so are changing in recent,and up to 6 days ago. Stranger and stranger the saga goes. i don't like twitter as it's a bit of a pain to contact people personally. I've posted warnings but don't know where they are floating in cyberspace somewhere.

if i send a letter to have my account put into dispute, will this effect my credit rating?

Im just sending a letter of complaint and highlighting the reasons why what we are being offered isnt like for like, am i right o put this in?

Hi Bleudo.

I have been searching back but can't find what Im lookig for.

What are the OFT guidelines regarding how businesses call customers to chase 'debt'?

I want to be fully armed for when the phone calls begin!

I've sent in the dispute letter and asked to be contacted by lettter only but it'll fall on deaf ears I suppose!

Thanks again man.

I would also like to bring your attention to the OFT guidelines on disputed accounts

You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I will be reporting your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

Was it this you wanted Tricia Just tell them the account is in dispute and you are taking legal advice and any adverse actions or harrassment will be reported to the regulatory authorities :D

if i send a letter to have my account put into dispute, will this effect my credit rating?

Im just sending a letter of complaint and highlighting the reasons why what we are being offered isnt like for like, am i right o put this in?

yes you are right it's what you are disputing that computeach are not like for like and there are rules governing what they can't do to an account that's in dispute just posted them.

Hi,

has anyone else been contacted by nick sommerland from the mirror, he has asked a few questions regarding advent and barclays, they must want to post a story.

Maybe woth while contacting him as well? [email protected]

Yes, he contacted me too.

I have given him some information. I will say no more than that.

Bear in mind these guys may have their own agenda and really be careful about what you say to them!

My Account went into dispute last week with BPF.

They have now changed their contact approach with me.

The Caller ID comes up as International...............

And yes i now have Indian call center bonus hunters ringing me up.

As someone bombed the Glasgow office of BPF?

The caller asked if could make a paymen of £5.00 today.

I said the account was in dispute and not to call.

He said BPF would not accept that an Account was in dispute.

So there you go - they think they are above the Law and governing

bodies guidlines.

Oh well another complaint to OFT.

I've had a couple of those international calls but ignore them anyway don't answer them as it's always either a machine or sales so that's their new tactic. I'll ignore them.

They're getting desperate wanting £5 :eek: wanting your bank details fly guys

I've been fortunate not to have any calls as yet. I received a letter last Friday saying my account is in arrears, but I've not had anything stating my account has been unfrozen. I called to check and was told my account was still frozen and to ignore the letter. Of course I asked for confirmation of that in writing :D

Feel sorry for those of you who are getting hassled a lot. Those who are getting calls just need to confirm who is calling and then hang up. Record when they call and the name of the caller so you have a log for your harassment complaint to the FOS :)

They haven't rang me yet either, i sent them a letter the other day and still waiting on the reply... i really hope that BPF just give up or something, because I do not want to do this course with Computeach!!

I got a letter from the FO today about recieving my complaint and the letter said the following:-

"Thank You for contacting us about your complaint. We will now ask the business for further information about the case. Then as soon as we are able to do so, we will pass your complaint to on of our adjudicators. The adjudicator will consider carefully what you and the business have said, before setting out thier view on how the complaint should be settled.

"Because we are currently deailing with a particulary large number of complaints, I amsorry that it may be a while before an adjudicator is free to look in to your case. However one of my colleagues will write to you as soon as possible - and certainly within two months - to keep in touch with you "

Anyone else out der got the same for their complaint with the FO?

I`ve get same letter from FOS.

It took them 2 months to send me another mail...

I`m getting stressed now. I should pay 5k to BPF till 05.06.10 to avoid interest. Waiting for any response about my `putting acc into dispute`.

I hope they won`t add another 5k interest to my debt (what`s interesting on my credit story taken from Experian Credits my loan from BPF was equal to ammount of credit with all interest since i signed contract with Advent (but i choosed option `interest free if you pay back in 12months`) - that was hardly affecting me. I have `good` credit score but i was refused to get a loan becouse of it) ...

The only reason they phone is they can then say things that they would never dare put in writing - DONT respond to them, either refuse to go through securtity and tell them to put it in writing - end of story.

Some will buy debts for £100 let alone thousands.

David

This unfortunately is completley true, I once worked for a company who did just that.

Bad times.

I got a letter from the FO today about recieving my complaint and the letter said the following:-

"Thank You for contacting us about your complaint. We will now ask the business for further information about the case. Then as soon as we are able to do so, we will pass your complaint to on of our adjudicators. The adjudicator will consider carefully what you and the business have said, before setting out thier view on how the complaint should be settled.

"Because we are currently deailing with a particulary large number of complaints, I amsorry that it may be a while before an adjudicator is free to look in to your case. However one of my colleagues will write to you as soon as possible - and certainly within two months - to keep in touch with you "

Anyone else out der got the same for their complaint with the FO?

I'm getting a little concerned now because I sent my letter to FOS 2 weeks ago and I've yet to recieve an acknowledgement.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got a copy of a letter they have sent to the FOS describing how computeach and advent are NOT like for like?

I sent my FOS complaint out ages ago and still waiting for a response. I have started paying Barclays again as I did not want my credit rating to be effected. It's so wrong that are credit scores can be effected by them when the account is currently in dispute.

Anyone managed to have any success with cancelling a finance agreement with Barclays!?? Heard Hitachi was refunding and cancelling agreements. Shame I wasn't with them!

Credit Scores are not effected when the account is in dispute, and that is a fact. if they report to the CRA you can report them to the FOS the FLA etc. etc. and they will get fined more. There is enough info. on this thread about how COmputeach and advent are different. The overwhelming reason though is that most of us considered them when we started training and did not choose them due to the sheer number of bad reviews. Why should we have them forced upon us?

Given the total collapse of any attempt by BPF to try and manage their customer relations in anything like coherent manner, it gives rise to the question if they've always been like this.

Is this operation being shut down and the staff given the boot because it's always been cr*p, or is the operation cr*p because they know they're all getting the boot so don't give a damn?

I would suspect the former.

David

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks