Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, This is my first time replying to this forum. I am one of the hundreds of silent students thats reading the events of whats gone on.

I started Advent Training Sept 2008 to do the full MCSE with CISCO CCNA. I paid over £6000 in 12 monthly payments to Anglo Capital Ltd PO Box 4399 Hagley Stourbridge DY9 9WW. My last payment was Sept 2009. I did not receive any letter. I found out on the website. I am nowhere near completing the course. I like most cannot afford or justify finding that money to spend on a course again. I read in the London Evening Standard few weeks ago that the IT Sector is growing again. If thats the case why did Advent put themselves in a position that they had to pull out?

I signed the petition when it had 42 signatures, it now has over 600. I'm advising everyone who has not signed to please sign. I feel lot of students doing the course through Advent still don't know whats happened. I will be contacting one or two people I know who work in the media to see if they can expose whats going on.

All the training providers up and down the country are reading these forums. They also will be hoping for a positive outcome because it will effect them in terms of people trusting training providers in the future.

Everyone keep up the good work and keep the faith.

Sign the petition

Sign the petition

Sign the petition

Sign the petition

Well said!

Let us see where the following names pop up next:

Ashley Jones, Andrew Allchurch and John Whitehead

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Administrators Appointed see PKF

Had a look and we're not in line for any joy there then.Thinking caps on guys.

My interest free period is up beginning march I have no desire to carry on with this or to pay for a substandard course. If Barclays are looking for a provider the same quality as Advent then it will not need to be up to much.

In fact any company that gets involved with this I'd avoid like the plague

Hi There,

If anyone wants help/guidance with the S75 refund let me know, been helping people with them for years - I do it for a living :-)

The first thing to take on board with BPF and all Financial Institutions, they are programmed to refuse your request at first because they assume you do not know about S75. You have to pressurise and push the right buttons, I have had Barclays/Lloyds/RBS making refunds within 14 days and you know it hurts them every time.

Hi - i have called Barclays and they refuse to freeze my account until its sorted??? Where do i go now? I have wrote a letter and got no reply? I havent had anything from Barclays at all????

Hi - i have called Barclays and they refuse to freeze my account until its sorted??? Where do i go now? I have wrote a letter and got no reply? I havent had anything from Barclays at all????

me neither, mate. I've sent a complaint yesterday, we'll see if that changes anything

I got the same thing really unprofessional email... then nobody answering the phones and the same message on the advent's web portal... i just finished my A+ with them i have 18y of it experience so for me just took 2 months to graduate... my original plan was the ccna and i allready paid for nothing 1200 bucks for nothing if i just want A+ i could get it for £300...

thanks if anyone know solution .... i think we screwed well. noone will get our money back and no other company will take as....

New to this place guys.

I have just read a press release

http://www.birminghampost.net/birmingham-business/birmingham-business-news/manufacturing-and-skills-business/2010/02/18/training-firms-access-2-careers-and-advent-computer-training-enter-administration-65233-25858446/

Many of the affected students had arranged finance though Barclays and are still paying for the training while the bank seeks an alternative provider to allow them to finish their courses.

There have been suggestions that another local company - Dudley-based Computeach - could step in to fill the role for those students on IT courses.”

No doubt Barclay’s, if this is true have not heard about Computeach’s poor reputation, perhaps they should Google ‘ Computeach’ Complaints’ and they will realise they are not doing Advent students any favours.

Edited by TomBL

That's an interesting point Mick asking for proof they've paid Advent. I wondered that too. did they pay all at once or in instalments as the course progressed. There's a lot of questions surrounding this

Usual arrangement is that they pay the total. Training provider then pays back 20% into a holding fund to cover eventual s75 claims. Company gets this 20% when candidate completes.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/adventcomputer/

David Michael

We are waiting for ours to go up for Energy Assessor trainees caught up in the PP+ failure (Daily Mirror today, page 31 also online).

I will encourage energy assessors and HIs to sign yours. It's basically all the same [problem]. Haymarket Publications (What Car?) have just got involved with one for driving instructors. Will contact them and ask them to read today's Mirror.

Joseph Pestell

Hon Secretary

Institute of Home Inspection

Has anyone thought of what happens in case all we struggle for, in this mess, turns out eventually to be for nothing? I mean, what's gonna be then? Will we gonna have two options, accept the IT provider, Barclays imposes us, with all the inconveniences or not accept that IT provider and being forced by law to keep paying for nothing? ...because this is how Barclays sees what's gonna be, I suppose. Has anyone tired to see things putting himself for a moment in that situation? are things seen differently? is S75 more useful? wouldn't we stand a better chance of making justice form that standpoint? What if Barclays involved as in a persuasion movement to make us accept "that" IT Provider, you don't know anything about, only to have left just a few afterwards(those who won't accept) and thus having a much more better chance of forcing and imposing? AM I being out of question?

Administrators for:

Advent Computer Training Ltd - Company No 04511374.

(prev name was Advent consulting Ltd)

Access 2 Careers Ltd Company No 05260747

(prev name was Anglo Capital Ltd)

have now been appointed.

They are:

PKF Accountants

New Guild House

45 Great Charles St

Queensway

Birmingham

B3 2LX

They have a dedicated number for Advent/Access - 0844 770 1921

E-mail: [email protected]

David

Well Bloody cheek :mad: Got a letter from BPF

"Just to let you know, the buy now pay later period on your Advent Consulting Ltd account financed by us is just about up.

You'll notice that we've a new look and new name, in fact we're hoping to have some exciting new products to offer you. (canny wait:eek:)

(it's exactly the same letter head as the other letters:rolleyes:)

And what's this all about "Our New Name, Barclays Partner Finance will appear on your bank statement. We'll do this automatically every month until the entire loan including interest and any charges have been paid.

Rest of the letter is about payment methods etc.

Do you think if we go to court we'd win:confused:

Edited by Bluedo

Hi Wasabi

Head office 1 Churchill Place, London,E14 5HP

letter should be enough except I no longer feel they have bothered with me

But that may be cos I've not started paying anything back yet so they're upping the game in my case they did say they would look at individual cases.

Edited by Bluedo
afterthought

"Just to let you know, the buy now pay later period on your Advent Consulting Ltd account financed by us is just about up.

You'll notice that we've a new look and new name, in fact we're hoping to have some exciting new products to offer you. (canny wait:shock:)

(it's exactly the same letter head as the other letters:rolleyes:)

Now back to your account, you've a couple payment options.

(.blah blah pay the lump sum £5450 or get totally screwed with interestlink3.gif to £11,271.36p )

Oh, that's nice of them.

Suspect though, that is a standard letter that the system issues (when the account is about to roll over) and probably got churned out anyway.

I think you have had confirmation in writing that your account is on hold?

David

Today I received a letter from BPF, informing me that my 'latest direct debit payment has been returned unpaid' and basically demanding that pay up straight away.

This despite the fact that both of their call centre operators I spoke to assured me that the account had already been frozen.

I am, obviously, mightily ****ed off about this.

Cashins

I sent the letter asking for the account to be frozen have a copy, but no reply to it, they'll be stringing me along till the date the interest free period is up and even the letter of Default Notice is going past the date for interest to be added and just as I feared all along.

My only hope is going to court on the s75 cca

If you speak to any right thinking person not in a bank they think it should be straight forward breach case, this is all wrong what they're doing.:(

If I refuse to pay and put this account in dispute then if it goes against me I'll be really snookered with interest and massive charges likely.:eek:

I still think there's a case for being mis sold the course in the first place and I know I'm not alone on that one.

No use looking for compensation from Advent Administrators it'll be next to nothing although I'll still inform them of the situation.

We're being stitched up well that's how it feels.

Consumer Direct said as I've had the course for a year then I'm liable to pay for that much but that's all. Lawyer said I can claim from Advent. but have to pay Barclay.

Remember I had a dealing with Gothia well did that list Martin posted mean that Barclays Partner Finance is actually Gothia DCA? and I'm still waiting to hear from them too.

There is no way Barclays will release any money, they have too much to loose! Those money grubbers will hold on to it. So the money in other words that ridiculous interest pays out for those pensions more than like. In which case they will find another IT provider no matter what. They want you to pay that interest. It sad but I doubt we will get our money back. If we could organize a protest outside one of their banks then it would raise a eye of the public too. Only problem is most people work and not everyone would be able to attend. But there has to be someway that we can shame and pressure Barclays into releasing the money back to us, and save loss of face?

and why if you put Barclays Partner Finance into companies house you get Barclays Pension Funds Trustees Limited 1 Churchill Place, London

Because Barclays Partner Finance is a 'trading' name and Co House no longer keeps records of trading names.

What the Co house list is doing is picking up the 1st Barclays P that comes up.

The company is this:

Licence Number:0375557

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberClydesdale Financial Services Limited2901725

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Barclaycard Motor Loans Barclays Partner Finance Clydesdale Finance Clydesdale Financial Services Personal Loans From Barclaycard

Very simply, Barclays PLC bought the company and gave it a new trading name.

David

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks