• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bluedo,

Yeah I found the no salesman call a bit strange. How do they enroll people if they dont provide this service? Is it definate that they dont provide the CCNA? Thats originally what I read at first, but they are stating they do it.

l. Exchange 2003 (70-284)

m. Cisco CCNA (640-801)

Hi AMB

They seem to be saying they do it yet it's never been done before according to their course structure on their website previous to this happening so I am very suspicious of what they are actually offering here.

Why have they not had it before and why all of a sudden is it included to arrange their course structure to accommodate BPF contracts another example of trying to stitch us up.

It won't matter their track record and multitude of complaints and their financial state or lack of, and their lack of same classroom days, and end of course is not open ended, and paying for resits will do for starters.

We'll be ok AMB. :)

Advent cisco ccna exam 640-802

Edited by Bluedo

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, quick question on repayments.

I'm due to start paying barclays next month and wanted to clear the debt early instead of paying all that interest.

In "key financial information" it says total credut is £5.450

But in "other financial information" the total credit is £5.821.36

Has an extra £371.36 been added somewhere?

And do i have to pay the larger amount to settle the debt?

l. Exchange 2003 (70-284)

m. Cisco CCNA (640-801)

Hi AMB

They seem to be saying they do it yet it's never been done before according to their course structure on their website previous to this happening so I am very suspicious of what they are actually offering here.

Why have they not had it before and why all of a sudden is it included to arrange their course structure to accommodate BPF contracts another example of trying to stitch us up.

It won't matter their track record and multitude of complaints and their financial state or lack of, and their lack of same classroom days, and end of course is not open ended, and paying for resits will do for starters.

We'll be ok AMB. :)

Advent cisco ccna exam 640-802

Is this where the PKF information is telling us something though? Doesnt it state in their e-mails that Computeach had purchased certain areas of Advent? Could it be they have took the CCNA from them? I gather then that Advents CCNA was a more up to date version of the one being offered by CT?

Hi, iv had the same problem i started the advent coarse in october last year and found it to be a big farce and nothing like what i was sold. so when they went into administration i was well happy thinking that i didnt have to pay back the 7000 pounds for something that i didnt want to do. until they still took the money out of my account. how do i get out of this? because its alot of money that i dont have. are there letters that i can send to barclays? and what do i do about my direct debit do i cancel it? cuz i dont have a clue what to do now. any help would be very much appreciated thanks.

Anyone here on CDS course??? i mailed CT long time back to get the structure of program, they never reply me so far..i just want to write to BPF that they aren't like-wise providers for CDS. on CT's website, the program structure is quite different, but the mail i received from BPF states that they can alter their training program to meet our needs..so what about their students already on CDS? their training is completely different to us guys..how sad it is? they are tailoring their program structures just to meet our requirements :confused: and also any one had a format to write a letter to BPF about cancelling direct debit..

I gather then that Advents CCNA was a more up to date version of the one being offered by CT?

Hi Amb,

As I said it won't matter a hoot unless you are thinking of signing up with them

but here's the differences.

CCNA 640-802 vs 640-801 Similarities and Differences basic networking, ip add/vlsm/summarization, router & switch operation, routing protocols, lan/stp/ethernet, nat/acls, wan connections, voip, wireless lan, ios management via sdm, switch enhanced t

For anyone getting payment demands if your account was frozen earlier

Account No.

Barclays Partner Finance

PO BOX

Glasgow

G51 1YL

On xxxxx you informed me my account was on hold, however now you have issued an arrears letter which will in fact be reflected on my credit file.

The letter is dated xxxxxxx

As there is NO service being provided and account is on hold the direct debit was cancelled on your instruction. xxxxxx

You are aware of your responsibility under the Data Protection Act to ensure that information reported to the CRA's is accurate and if not so, gives cause of action for damages if shown not to be the case.

In light of your previous letter I insist that you withdraw the arrears notice and modify the data the data that you are reporting.

Please confirm by return that you have done so.

Yours faithfully

For anyone who wants to place their account in dispute add your own dates and reasons and cancel the DD with your own bank There are clear guidelines concerning debt collection on an account that's in Dispute.

Dear Ms Thompson,

This account is now in dispute as

You have failed to provide a suitable alternative provider. Computeach are not Like for Like they're course structure is not the same as Advent Computer Training Ltd., There is no guarantee they will not cease to trade as Advent have done as they are not financially stable. I agreed to Advent as I was promised employment in IT industry and was quoted expected wages. Encouraged to sign the agreement quickly as limited places were available. I was also told if the full amount was not paid by Date then a new interest rate would be applied for the remainder of the term. They do not have unlimited exam resits,They do not have an extended study at your own pace no matter how long it takes to pass that was promised by Advent. Exams have to be taken in Dudley, that is totally impossible for my situation . Their present students are seeking a lawsuit against them for poor service which doesn't give confidence in your choice of provider, and as yet you have failed to address the specific issues I have raised.

Consider this account is now in dispute.

I am taking legal advice .

Keep a copy send recorded delivery join the Class Action lawsuit.

absolutely furious just got off the phone with bpf to extend the interest free period from next month to july like some others have and they point blank refused and said to comence payments on the 7th may. Even spoke to the supervisor who gave me the exact same spiel. told him that I will not reactivate my dd and as far as Im concerned the account is in dispute and I will be seeking legal advice and not continuing my training with computeach as they are not like for like. worst thing is just check my credit score which is now rated good from being poor a year ago so that was a waste of time unsure now whether to ignore payments or to pay it off before the stupid interest takes place and my credit score is affected and claim that back through the courts. what does everyone else think would be the best option.

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in dispute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of disputing this account due to the demise of Advent Consulting Ltd.

I note from your latest correspondence that you are proposing to issue me with a Default Notice on this account. I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

The current Banking Code (Section 13.6) states: We may give information to Credit Reference Agencies about the personal debts you owe us if:

You have fallen behind with your payments,

The amount owed is not in dispute; and

You have not made proposals we are satisfied with for repaying your debt, following our formal demand.

I would also like to make you aware of The Office of Fair Trading Code of Guidance in which it states: putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive This includes ignoring disputes about whether money is owed and refusing to freeze action if the debt is in dispute.

If you do not stop this default action and proceed by making any adverse comments on my credit reference files, I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I therefore hope to receive your full co-operation in this matter and would like to request a written response to that effect.

Yours sincerely,

See if that helps Jester Joe,

We can't be persecuted by their system and have a gun to our head THIS is NOT our fault.

We all see what's going on here and that bloody credit report is a weapon to control their rotten corrupt system and control people.

I will find laws to protect us through this and give them the message they're not getting away with it anymore don't let them I'm bloody mad at what they're trying to do here.

Anyone asking, I'm in contact with the legal team but I can say no more than that on a public forum at the moment.

We WILL have fair play! Justice will be done!

My inspiration to push this is my dad, who died a few years ago from cancer, and he instilled in me the principles that drive me now - that all the 'small people' have a right to a voice, no matter what their background/colour/ race etc. We are all human and deserve to be treated with respect.

He was a quiet working class family man, a rep for his Trade Union and a member of the old Labour Party as it was then, prior to the Blair years everyone is familiar with now. He was no extremist. But he did believe that certain things are wrong.

We're all the those small people. And we have a voice! BPF is not treating us with any respect and what they are doing is wrong! :mad:

Edited by Fuzzbutt

cheers bluedo your right at the moment im just finishing paying off the rest of my debts and im not interested in getting into any more its just not worth it. just gonna start saving for things in the future so I suppose having a bad credit rating is not such a bad thing. Im 95% sure we will succeed in our lawsuit against them.

Right on fuzzbutt we do have a voice and everyday it seems to be getting louder and louder with more and more support from decent people in this unfortunate situation. If I can help in anyway, shape or form in all the good work your doing just let me know.

Anyone asking, I'm in contact with the legal team but I can say no more than that on a public forum at the moment.

We WILL have fair play! Justice will be done!

My inspiration to push this is my dad, who died a few years ago from cancer, and he instilled in me the principles that drive me now - that all the 'small people' have a right to a voice, no matter what their background/colour/ race etc. We are all human and deserve to be treated with respect.

He was a quiet working class family man, a rep for his Trade Union and a member of the old Labour Party as it was then, prior to the Blair years everyone is familiar with now. He was no extremist. But he did believe that certain things are wrong.

We're all the those small people. And we have a voice! BPF is not treating us with any respect and what they are doing is wrong! :mad:

Your Dad would be very proud of you Fuzzbutt with what you've done here.:)

Well Done!! and for your encouragement giving us hope thank you.

Thats very interesting indeed Bluedo. Thats something that I can use! Cheeky b@$tards trying to give people a more outdated exam.

Hi everyone, i just a letter from Barclays saying that they are going to debit my account at the beginning of this month, even though they told me they'd give me a months notice before they did it. I was just wondering if anyone else has got it and if so, is there anyway to stop them?

Hi guys,

I'm new here and need some help please.

I started to do MCSE+CCNA on October last year and I only have had received an A+ book as well as a workshop from Advent so far. I got my account with Barclays and was paying by DD for a few months and then got my account on hold.

This morning I received a latter from Barclays which explains that I have been in contact with the allocated provider which I have never been !!!!

I had no idea what they were talking about !!

They also said that the hold has been removed and payments now become due in line with terms.

Anyway could anyone help me please here? What should I do? I don't want to go through this course any more.

Has any one taken any legal action or could anyone show me the right direction?

Do you know any solicitors or anyone else to help me with this issue as I don’t know what to do at all L

Hi everyone, sorry i havent posted for a while, my auntie passed away, so been very busy & didnt need anymore stress.. Anyway can anyone send me a template of what to send to the financial ombudsman please... Hi Bluedo

Hi Rage,

Sorry to hear about your auntie.

Rage give the FOS a phone call They will send you forms to fill and will tell you what you need to do.

consumer helpline

open 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday

08000 234 567

free for people phoning from a "fixed line" (for example, a landline at home)

0300 123 9 123

free for mobile-phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02

we'll be happy to phone you back, if you're worried about the cost of calling

us

our complaints procedure and how to complain

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks