Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have also payed for a course with advent and payed £5500 i have rang barclays and any one with a loan through them will be ok because they are finding companys that can continue our computer training (thank god).

you should recieve a letter confirming this when they have found the training provider till the you do not have to continue your payments if you do not want to.anyone who payed for there course in full may not be so lucky and might have to claim for there money back (but dont hold me to that its just a segestion) hope this helps will let you know more when i find out myself or you can post a comment and ill try to help if i can thanks calvin :)

thats ok untill they go into addminisration and bpf say not to worry keep paying we will find you another provider. when will it stop?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi everyone, had a reply to my section75 letter that i sent barclays today. got the fob off letter stating they are fullfilling the contract so no refund. spoke to the solicitor today and he said barclays can not do that they are in breach of contract so he is sending a letter on my behalf. the web address for them is www.ukfreelegaladvice.com all you have to do is submit a question about advent/bpf free of charge, they will then email you back. they have had a few inquieries from other students so they know what is going on. good luck everyone.

Brilliant - thanks Mantaxi - much appreciated!

Just to ponder, someone on the Advent Scammed Us Facebook group has posted that he's spoken to Barclays PF on the phone, and they told him that once the new training provider is in place individuals are free to challenge that for a refund through the FO if they are not happy with the service, or failing that, in court.

Interesting BPF are admitting that now from the stand of 'you must accept our provider, we are not in breach'....

I've just emailed the solicitor link above from Mantaxi. ...cheers mate....and expect pretty much the same advice Mantaxi had. If TS are not able/willing to take my complaint further, and I'm a little cynical of exactly how useful the FO service in now, may well go for the court option after all (though wanted to avoid that if poss)....see next installment of this gripping saga! :rolleyes:

spoke to a barrister the other day about the situation, even though he said it was not his field he did say if it goes to court we could ask for expenses (says that in section 75 ) but he also said we could probably claim for damages, do not know what he meant by that.

Just a quick thanks to Mantaxi, appreciate the link for free legal advice, maybe we should all jump on the same band wagon, it's free and it sounds as though they are willing to help.... Thanks again, Cj.

Thanks Mantaxi. Waiting to hear back...won't be until monday though.

Just found something kinda interesting...maybe these guys will be the "alternative provider":

National IT Learning Centre Offer Support & Advice for Advent IT Students - Free-Press-Release.com

do not think they can be the new provider for at least 3 reasons

1 you have to pay for your exams where as advent paid untill you passed.

2 something about the certificates would be reconised by compannies. as far as i was aware advent certificates were microsoft reconnised by all.

3 they say they do not find us jobs when we pass out, advent said we would be placed into a job locally.

does not sound to good to me.

Mantaxi - I owe you beer/cake (your choice). :)

I'll post here what I discover. let's all share..together we can kick Barclays arse!

:cool:

a nice cool beer fuzzbutt when we get our money back.

Originally Posted by chemical bomber viewpost.gif

Thanks Mantaxi. Waiting to hear back...won't be until monday though.

Just found something kinda interesting...maybe these guys will be the "alternative provider":

National IT Learning Centre Offer Support & Advice for Advent IT Students - Free-Press-Release.com

That's these guys:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/students/246420-nitlc-offer-barclays-bank.html

Obviously touting for business, for which you can't really blame them.

No indication that BPF are negociating with them though. It has occurred to me that BPF can't have many friends in the student training sector:eek:, however no doubt some company will step up.

David

do not think they can be the new provider for at least 3 reasons

1 you have to pay for your exams where as advent paid untill you passed.

2 something about the certificates would be reconised by compannies. as far as i was aware advent certificates were microsoft reconnised by all.

3 they say they do not find us jobs when we pass out, advent said we would be placed into a job locally.

does not sound to good to me.

1. NITLC are using this as a way to make money - by giving advent students access to their StudentNet student information and student community site (providing key note revision materials, online assessments and the ability to interact on the site and chat rooms). But charging £131.10 for each exam.

2. The article on the link states that:

"NITLC are a Microsoft Gold Partner and accredited by CompTIA, IITT – Institute of IT Training and IITT Personally Funded Training Accreditation, Adobe, Cisco, and CIW."

Hence they have the accreditation in the bag.

3. The lack of promise in finding students jobs is the only major factor, and i guess, the only argument we have not to accept this provider (should it be ruled that barclays are not in breach of S74-even though we all know they are). This company doesn't claim to get you a job...but to "get you on the first rung of the ladder". Seems they have learnt from Advents mistake.

SORRY - Didn't realise there was already a thread on this x-(

Edited by chemical bomber

as far as i am aware we signed up with advent and not barclays. they just paid advent and we payed barclays. i have asked this before does it state in the bfp contract that they can sign another provider if advent go out of bussiness.

1 answer was yes it does

2 answer was not in my contract where is it in contract.

i took this out about 18 months ago and cannot find my contract with bfp so i can not read it could we get some answers on this matter because i think it is quite revellent someone please have a read. as for the solicitor i am waiting for another email from him then i will post the details for everyone that wants to try them, hopefully tomorrow

Hi Mantaxi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've been through my BPF contract with a fine tooth comb and it does not say anywhere that they can sign with another provider if advent go bust.

Hopr this helps

Hi Mantaxi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've been through my BPF contract with a fine tooth comb and it does not say anywhere that they can sign with another provider if advent go bust.

Hopr this helps

good work jbaggy then they have broken the contract and under section 75 we are entitled to our money back. hope to hear from yhe solisitor today about the letter to barclays. hope it does the trick but can not see that it will, think it will go to court can't see them just giving back 30 mill without a fight. with a bit of luck if one of us wins the day in court maybe just maybe they will think twice about going to court with the rest of us.

We're closing in on the 8 week period as well now which seems to be what's considered a reasonable time to have sorted this mess. If they haven't done something by then, we have an extra trump card.

Yup....lots of ammo already against Barlays with breach of contract, never mind the course being mis-sold in the first place by the Advent salesmen. That alone should undermine it all as credible training worth all that money, I would have thought.

Hi

I have a query I requested from BPF on the 19th feb a copy of the original signed contract with 14 days to reply I received a reply letter regarding complaint but not the copy of contract just wondering what next move could be.

Nice one! I'm just waiting for them to reply to me and I'll do the same!

Did they take long to reply after you'd emailed?

Edit_ just received a reply and have requested they do me a letter too. This is great news, a milestone in justice eh? Little people against the corporate faceless machine that tries to chew them up! :D

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Hi Everyone,

Please Please can somebody heklp I need to know all the modules for the MCSE that I was completing with Advent unfortunately I have lost them.

Please can sombody help me.

Thanks George

hi george

IT fundamentals

comptia a+ essentials 220-601

comptia a+ technician 220-602 gets u comptia a+ certified

microsoft 70-271 gets u MCP

" " 70-272 gets u MCDST

" " 70-270

" " 70-290

" " 70-294

" " 70-291

" " 70-293 gets u MCSA

" " 70-298

" " 70-284 gets u MCSE

hope that helps jay

Hi

I have a query I requested from BPF on the 19th feb a copy of the original signed contract with 14 days to reply I received a reply letter regarding complaint but not the copy of contract just wondering what next move could be.

Bluedo: If you want a copy of your agreement, you need to make a legal request under Sec 78-77 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and send them a quid with it. They then have 12 + 2 working days to send you a copy.

Template letter is here:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Ammend to suit.

David

Thanks Jay that did help a little however what I'm really after is the purple programme structure that Advent gave us at the beginning in the welcome pack.

If anyone has this and can relay the structure on here, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks