Yet another UKCPS ticket thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone. I got a ticket from ukcps today, and was unsure as to wether to pay it or not as it is an obscene amount (£60) for my 36 week pregnant wife to nip to the toilet in the nearby supermarket. (we parked in what we now know to be a private car park next door) After reading loads of posts on here, I am going to try the 1 ignore, 2 ignore, 3 ignore route. Ill keep you informed over the coming weeks/months as to the letters we receive from them. Also, any advice is welcome (apart from the obvious site trolls!)

Something like this if you need to respond. but respond to letter and ignore the original ticket/invoice. another tip - send it recorded, but the the recorded ticket first and include the tracking number in your letter plus one of the spare stickies on the recorded label.

With Reference to the invoice I have received.

I was not the driver of the vehicle concerned and therefore not responsible for your invoice.

However! If you wish to pursue this matter with me as the Registered Keeper then please do so through the County Courts within 14 days, otherwise please CEASE and DESIST from any

further contact. I will accept ONE more letter to confirm continuance or cessation of this matter.

Should you choose however! to persist in harassing me, I will make vigorous representations to the following and pursue them until I have my points and complaints satisfied. I also believe this to be a matter for public consumption, and as such, any further communications will be used as seen fit. Furthermore, there will be an administration/handling fee of £25 per letter that you send. Failure to honour any invoice that I would be legally entitled to send you, WILL be pursued through the small claims courts.

This letter was sent to you by recorded post.

cc Essex Trading Standards

DVLA

British Parking Association

Security Industry Authority

RT xxxxxxx xxxxxx MP

Police (Local to me and to yourselves)

BBC1 - WATCHDOG

BBC1 - THE ONE SHOW

BBC1 - ROGUE TRADERS

Local Paper

Yours faithfully

Thanks for the advice people, Im just going to do the completely ignore thing though, wouldnt want to give them false hope of getting any money, plus, I dont think id be up to speed with quoting legal things to them and Id end up getting caught out. Plus if they really cant touch me, why waste my time typing out letters? Its been 4 days now, not heard anything yet, but I suppose its a little early for my 1st begging letter!

You may well get more letters some even threatening further action. Just stick to your guns and ignore these aswell. They now they cannot enforce anything.

You may well get more letters some even threatening further action. Just stick to your guns and ignore these aswell. They now they cannot enforce anything.

Some may be even in scary red ink:D

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Yes. The majority of PPC's commit offences under the 2006 Fraud Act and The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

The government / DVLA make millions selling addresses each year though, so turn a blind eye.

Sadiq Khan, Transport Minister, is in league with the PPCs. See his speech on the BPA website.

OFT turn a blind eye and say talk to Trading Standards.

Trading Standards are hit and miss. Mostly clueless / apathetic, although Lancs have some information: Lancashire County Council Trading Standards - Consumer advice - Guide to Parking Penalties

Scumbags! They wont be seeing a penny of my hard earned! I liked the post on one of the other threads about sending them a pair of soiled underwear! I found that quite amusing, although I wont be doing that, unfortunately!

Scumbags! They wont be seeing a penny of my hard earned! I liked the post on one of the other threads about sending them a pair of soiled underwear! I found that quite amusing, although I wont be doing that, unfortunately!

Ignoring them hurts more than anything else.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Its only because of now knowing I can safely (hopefully) ignore it. Will be interesting to see the lengths they go to to try and get you to give them money, Im just pleased I came across this site explaining the lengths they will go to. If id received an (unofficial) court summons without reading these threads I probably would have just paid up!

do what the others say and ignore . so far ive had 2 letters from ukpc and two letters from dept recovery plus asking for 2 hundred and 33 pound at min. and it all started on the 16th of december 09 to date and its still not over yet but im sure it soon will be. if they still wish to carry on thats fine with me because ive put the letters on my crane at work and when i get fed up it makes me laugh looking at them . so do what im doing and ignore from 2 pints

• 2 weeks later...

2 Pints, how are you getting on with ukcps? Ive just had my first letter today, not bad from the 23rd of January. At the top, it says 'YOU MUST NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE' It all looks very official, oh well, never mind! Does anyone have letters from ukcps they can upload so I can see if it is the same? Ill try get mine uploaded too