Called a terrorist in a meeting and then dismissed 2 months later

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm currently going to attend a tribunal in Feb.

I worked for 12 years in Retail. My partner worked in the same company for 9 years.

I was in a meeting with 20 or so colleagues and my line manager made a comment which said I looked like a terrorist. The next day I was told to find another job as i was never going to progress in the organisation

I was suspended in February 09 for 2 things. 1 which I was not aware of the policy and the other I had been instructed to do by my line managers and they denied.

I have proof that we were given this instruction by someone who has left the team and supports my case.

My partner was als dismissed on the same day and we had no prior issues with the company.

This is a very large organisation. The person who called me a terrorist got promoted and was not dismissed for this rascist / offensive remark. They sai we were joking even though I did not respond. it was out of the blue and I did not warrant to be called that.

They have not taken us serious as we have been represented ourselves.

I would like advise on what to do next. Do we go to the media and tell everyone what they done?

We did not deserve to be treated this way and need help

Hello there. Can you give us a bit more detail please? That way we can advise you better.

Are you able to tell us what they say you did wrong?

Is it an ET you're going to in February?

Have you been through any sort of grievance or disciplinary procedures with the company?

I wouldn't say the media is your immediate next step, try other avenues first.

What do you think guys?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there. Can you give us a bit more detail please? That way we can advise you better.

Are you able to tell us what they say you did wrong?

Is it an ET you're going to in February?

Have you been through any sort of grievance or disciplinary procedures with the company?

I wouldn't say the media is your immediate next step, try other avenues first.

What do you think guys?

I knew they were trying to get me out and was in discussion with HR in regards to raising a grievance for the racial remarks and bullying and then I got suspended. I put the grievance in the next day to the company and they heard the grievance and blamed me for getting called a terrorist as they said I was joking with my line manager, there was a statement made saying that I did not say anything in return but they ignored it and went to a fabricated statement.

The 2 things i got dismissed for were;

1. Breach of friends and family policy - which I was not aware of. the policy is not a very clear one and was never part of my audit or security checks so would never need to look for and use that policy. Other people in their 100's used to buy phones for themselves and process them and I just assumed as there was no fraud or any misdemeaners then why would it be an issue.

2. I gave my pin code for my partner to process a sale through my code - this was against the security policy, I knew this policy existed but was instructed to do this as the correct procedure did not work for the team I worked in.

My partner got dismissed because she accepted my code. I had given my code to about 13 managers for them to process sales if i could not get to there location as I worked in a field role. Other people denied this ever happened but everybody did this. The statement i have now is from a girl who used to work in my team.

We have sent our case files as we have a stronger case to the union so we can get some sort of representation but still awaiting.

I just feel so frustrated that a large company can get away with this and will want to humiliate these people as i feel humiliated at what they have got away with!

The CWU first said they would not take the case on and now have decided with this new statement that the case has a success rate of over 51% but have now passed it on to there solicitor to investigate. This is a time consuming procedure.

I just want justice for what happened to me as I was not at fault for this.

Im sorry if Im not clear on anything I say as I get really angry about the whole situation.

I still need to do witness statements for the case.

Any help would be much appreciated