Stupid Welcome Customer

lawrence147
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see you are on line major player

being in collections etc

what can you tell me on mortage indemnity fee being included on secured loans below 25 k

when ever i ask this question, people from welcome clam up

care to elaborate to get my respect

again

no offence intended

Bump!!!

Hi guys

Thanks for all the help and advice again.

I see that I started a bit of controversy with this post, that was not my intention, however if others have learnt from it (not just you Major but others also) then it's not a bad thing.:)

One main point I'd like to bring up is that the advice on here is obvously welcome, but I, being a normal intelligent person, will not take all of the advice given.

However, postjgg has his own brilliant rep which I found when I researched the site, so if he told me the sky was blue I'd probably believe him!!:D

My point is, if I learnt one thing at uni, it's to research the subject first as much as possible, whether it be buying goods or going on a forum.

As far as Welcome is concerned, the reason the company was started was to enable those with bad credit ratings or no credit history to buy affordable cars. (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) The problem is that these people that have bad credit have this credit rating for a reason - they are not very good at paying it back.

That, together with a recession that was essentially started when the global banks decided to market mortgage and loan products to American people with bad or no credit rating, what did Welcome expect?

I worked for a more reputable bank a couple of years ago and the checks made on me when I started were extensive, and necessary for a good reason. I doubt that Welcome would have made the checks on me that my old employer did.

So Welcome, in some part, employ those that are unprofessional and attempt to bully the public when payments start getting erratic.

I cannot and will not judge anyone else by my standards but I was stupid in taking the loan out and the subsequent top ups (I've learnt so much about money since then and am glad for it:)). However, Welcome were stupid in not ensuring that their contracts are not watertight and (as has already been proven by others) will not be paid the full amount of outstanding loans and finance. No wonder they will be in administration in the very near future!

My 2penneth, that's all

Lawrence

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Got the SAR & CCA in the same envelope marked recorded delivery today, on time. Have just looked at the statement and found capitalisation fees of £6,000 give or take and charges of £3,000 again give or take. Wife and I have just transcribed the statement (no scanner) onto an excel sheet although am not sure whether I should put this on an open forum, but it contains no personal info.

We were advised by you wonderful people that the acceptance fee was included in the APR, and therefore the contract was null and void.

I can post or PM the statement if wanted.

However, can I ask what we do next?

Any help much appreciated :confused:

Lawrence

Hello as long as there is no personal information such as account numbers etc that could give your id away it should be ok, you will see from other threads that almost everyone posts these details it is the only way to get a clear picture of the extent to which they have shafted you.

Hope this helps

jdene

oh my word at the number of telephone charges on there!!!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

BTW the agreement they sent me is the exact copy of the agreement I requested they send me in the summer of 2009 - on my other thread a week or so back.

Don't know if this helps.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Lawrence

Lawrence lets check this contract.

Your loan is £20,411.10 over 168 months at 17.10% APR

thats a monthly repayment of £303.58

interest £30,590.54

total payable £51,001.64

you have no insurances.

Add £51,001.64 to the acceptance fee of 235 giving figure of £51,236.64

divide by 168 to give a monthly figure of 304.98 were welcome say 303.00 doesnt sound a lot but you will have shortfall at the end of 332.64 .

the contract is incorrect.

Thanks Ozzy

So you're saying that non-inclusion of the acceptance fee - the shortfall makes this incorrect. Does that mean it's also unenforceable?

If so, how do I go about putting this in dispute? Just tell them or is there a letter I can send considering that they only understand legal documents.

Finally, I've noticed that others on here have sent letters demanding that their contact numbers be taken off Welcome's records. Is there a letter on here for that?

Lawrence

HARRASSMENT THROUGH TELEPHONE LETTER (TEMPLATE)

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone callslink8.gif that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone callslink8.gif from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

HARRASSMENT THROUGH ANY FORM OF VISIT LETTER:

Harassment through any form of Home Visit -

(If we receive, or are threatened with, a Doorstep Visit)

The account holder will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.