emploment tribunals

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just been involved in an Unfair Dismissal claim with my employer. I wasn't claiming but I attended the tribunal.

The claimant against us won (quite rightly) as the procedure to dismiss him had not been carried out properly (no surprise there!)

He was awarded on the following:

Automatic unfair dismissal - approx £1375.00

Loss of earnings - from when he was dismissed until he found another job (in his case it was approx 14 weeks)

He was also compensated because he now has to work for his new employer for 12 months to gain his employment rights (not sure of the ins and outs of this)

General Compensation

He was awarded approx £7.5k, however....

Prior to compensation being awarded, the judge asked us to sit and try and work something out with the claimant. The Judge warned him that if we couldn't come to an agreement, he would need to hear the evidence as to why he was dismissed (gross misconduct) and if the Judge found that he was responsible for his own dismissal, he can retract the compensation upto 100%.

He got greedy, wouldn't accept the 4K we offered him, the judge heard the evidence, decided he was 80% responsible for his own dismissal and deducted 80% from his compo. He walked away with just over 2K.

Not sure if this helps but good luck with everything