Lisa1977 V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, new here !

I have now requested my bank statements for the past 6 years from Halifax..to which I have paid £5 for.

I have heard allot of people say that they have been sent them & all transactions are in 'code' & you cant understand them ?

Some have no charges listed on them..

I didnt mention to them when I called that I wanted these included.. do they have to provide details on my statements of these charges ?

Also is there anybody who has had thier money back from Halifax as yet ?

Cheer is advance . I really want to do this but I dont want to mess it up..

Lisa :-)

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lisa, it looks like people that have followed the FAQ instructions to the letter have all received a full payout. I'd get yourself acquainted with the step by step instructions, they're so good and it makes it far less daunting than it would otherwise be.

I'm in the same boat as you in that I requested my statements yesterday.

Good luck :)

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

cool brad cheers...keep me posted & I will do the same...Im glad someone else is at my stage of things..

lets see who gets the statements 1st !

Cheers for replying :)

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

Also is there anybody who has had thier money back from Halifax as yet ?

Lisa :-)

Check this out Lisa, Halifax have paid out the most...............which could also be interpreted that they are the worst at charging people in the first place!!:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/surveyresults.php

Please spend a few more hours reading the FAQs. click the link below.

Im really nervous Im going to fluff it up.. Im not the brightest of sparks !!

I have just read the bit about people making mistakes with these claims ? One of them is not claiming back for interest occured..

This is something that will really confuse me & I wouldnt know where to start..

Is is hard ? On your statements does it clearly state how much interest ?

Im thinking this will be very confusing & if I do get it wrong, could that mean bad news for me ?

cheers guys..im so nervous & I havent even got my statements back yet !

Egg Card - Pending

Blimey, you could worry for England! Calm down, deep breath ....and relax.

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the advanced one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large may not amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. Section 69 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before moneyclaim

Hope this helps and hasn't made things worse!!!

thanks for the resonse !

Well it sure doesnt take much to confuse me..!!

Where do I find this Bank Templates Libarary everyone keeps talking about ?!

If I dont claim for the interest It doesnt matter does it ?

Instead of messing it up, as it will be very little, I would rather just leave it out !

Ive got a feeling Halifax are going to drag thier heels with the statements..

Argos Card Services wanted to know why I wanted my statements..

I told them that actually it was none of her buisiness why I wanted them ! cheeky cow...

they know whats coming dont they !!

Egg Card - Pending

Bank templates here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

But first read the step by step guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/243-step-step-instructions.html

It's a good idea to print this out so you can refer to it at any time.

I received my statements quite quickly, 97 pages of them. They did not drag their heels, I have requested my money back - stage 1, and they took 16 days to reply, they have offered me £100.00 "in full and final settlement" ...I think I will wait and get thousands I think they owe!

I am also very confused by everything, and very worried asbout it all but I am determined to get my money back...then we are after the TSB, HSBC, credit card companies etc!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

oh good we can be scared together !!!

Does anyone know what happens if & whenit reaches court ?

Do we have to speak ?? thats the bit im nervous about.. I wouldnt have a clue what to say apart from !"Give me my money back !!"

Egg Card - Pending

Also people are talking in code & i dont know what it means..I think they are reffering to letters ?

What exactly do 'money claim do ?'

really appreciate everyones help here.. :)

Egg Card - Pending

But first read the step by step guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/243-step-step-instructions.html

It's a good idea to print this out so you can refer to it at any time.

Please,please read these. It's written in plain english and explains everything.

you have done better than me -I cant even find the welcome forum! How do I do that and how do I proceed after the initial offer of £100, where do I find the money claim thingy?? what is it??

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

Please read the frequently asked questions section to familiarise yourself with what you need to do, all the advice is there to help you, and i am sure you will be alot calmer once you aquaint yourself with it.

Dinky:)

Halifax: 28/06/06 Data protection letter sent

Halifax: 12/07/06 Recieved statements

Halifax: 12/07/06 Sent prelim letter requesting £4081

Halifax: 15/07/06 Recieved blah blah blah

Halifax: 25/07/06 Sent letter before action

Halifax: 09/08/06 N1 court claim filed at local county court

Halifax: 14/08/06 Received offer of £273

Halifax: 14/08/06 Confirmation from court papers will be served on 12/08/06

Halifax: 15/08/06 sent letter refusing offer.

Halifax: 24/08/06 Settled in full

Read it all now.. im still confused on a few things.. I have aslo read a few threads & found people are updating us with cases that have been won.. good to hear..

I am worried that by the time I have my statements & sent the 1st letter that they would of found a way to get out of it/.. How long have has it been since the 1st claim was made ? They must be pulling thier hair out as news is spreading fast, hence more £££ being paid out..

And yet charges remain the same..people are still being charged hurrendous amounts from banks etc..

How come they havent stopped ? Or at least reduced them ?

Egg Card - Pending

I am worried that by the time I have my statements & sent the 1st letter that they would of found a way to get out of it/.. How long have has it been since the 1st claim was made ? They must be pulling thier hair out as news is spreading fast, hence more £££ being paid out..

Contract law would have to be altered, they are the ones on the back foot, they dont want a single case to go to court, they have paid out because they have charged us unlawfully.

And yet charges remain the same..people are still being charged hurrendous amounts from banks etc..

Yup, Cos they are making something like 3billlion a year from us in charges, they wont stop till they are forced to.

A good question!

Good luck lisa, glad things are becoming clearer for you. Keep us posted

xxx

Read it all now.. im still confused on a few things.. I have aslo read a few threads & found people are updating us with cases that have been won.. good to hear..

It is estimated that they make between £1 Billion and £4 Billion in charges per year.

Even if they "only" make £1 Billion and the total paid out to this users of site and all other similar sites, plus all others also claiming is £10 Million (which is unlikely, probably nearer half that in truth) then it represents only ONE PERCENT of what they made just last year alone based on the lowest estimate!

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I am more detaermined than ever ... ! This site is really usefull

Thanks guys..I will be in touch with an update !

Cheers ;)

Egg Card - Pending

I have had many people tell me Halifax have a habbit of sending statements that list NO CHARGES..

Others have said that the charges are listed in code & arnt easy to identify ..if so what transaction codes am I looking out for ??

I want to know I am claiming for the right things !!

cheers guys

Egg Card - Pending

Guest NATTIE

My advice would be to list the name of the charges or codes you do not understand and others will help to unscramble the code. Or try a google search under the codes and charges.

I didn't have any trouble working out which were charges as they were all clearly marked CHARGES AS NOTIFIED

The prices crept up over the four years, I've banked with them from £30 to £39.

The only thing that I found with Halifax is that if you incurred more than one charge a day, they lumped the totals together under one charge.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Cool thnaks guys. I am so excited to see how much they had off me over the 6 years I can claim for..:)

Egg Card - Pending

Hi Lisa

I sent my request on 18th Aug too (to Halifax), they are going to be very very busy! I spent around a week just reading everything over and over before I decided I should go ahead and printed loads of info off so I could find it easily. It is daunting and scary but the more you read and familiarise yourself with the process the less scary it seems.

Let me know when your statements arrive and Il let you know. I tracked my letter I sent them, its not been signed for yet so Il check it again tomorow.

Good luck and chill out or youl be a wreck by the time your cash comes back to you!!

Well guys I have had my statements through pretty quickly..

Have figured I have paid out £377.00 over past 6 years. I am still waiting for my Halifax Visa Statements, also from my Egg Card & Argos Card..I know they are going to be hurrendous!

I am just about to do my spreadsheet..does this simply have to state date & amount charged ? & then total it up ?

Egg Card - Pending