What would you do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Imagine you just bought a used car. You test dove it and everything was fine except the Cd player. You didn't pay enough attention to the tyres (because you were too busy admiring the nice alloys), all of which have crazed side walling making them not only illegal but dangerous. You pay the private seller £2k for it. It drives 100% perfectly and you are really please but for the tyres, which you notice next day when washing the car.

You ring the seller and raise the issue. The seller reacts with 'Tough titties, you bought it as you saw it. If it has knackered tyres, then those are now YOUR knackered tyres. Now bugger off'.

So, you decide that as the car was a good price and is good apart from the tyres, you will just swallow that. The only other problem is the Radio/CD player. You knew that the radio worked but the CD doesn't when you bought it.

You remove the broken radio/cd player and fit your new Sony one in. Done and working. Then for a laugh you open up the old broken CD player just to see how it works and discover £5,000 in £50 notes jammed inside it???????

Well, it explains why the CD player doesn't work. The seller told you that the CD player had never worked, so presumably it was like that when he bought it over a year ago.

What would YOU do?????:eek:

You ring the seller and raise the issue. The seller reacts with 'Tough titties, you bought it as you saw it. If it has £5000, jammed inside the CD unit, then that is now YOUR £5000. Now bugger off'.

:lol:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Oh BWD, you had me going there..:D

Reminds me of the time we bought a really old house that needed lots of work doing which we were OK with as OH in construction industry. Woman knocked on the door one day as we were in the throes of plaster & paint with a collecting box for a charity & started off about how she had looked at the house when it had been up for sale but her builder friend said 'not to touch it with a bargepole' as it was falling down & not economic to repair it. OH quickly retorted that the pot of gold coins we found under the floorboards helped. You should have seen her face!

(BTW no coins but we sold a few years later at a nice little profit)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

i know its a joke

but i think you'd have to hand in the money to the police for a number of weeks until someone can make a claim - but if the previous seller didn't know about it, chances are you'd get to keep it.

either way it would be good to know you could keep the cash 100% legally.

Smile, you never know who's watching...