Where the hell do I start?

leilani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Leilani,

Whilst you can reclaim Barclaycard's charges because they are unlawful penalties, this is no longer possible with a current a/c after the OFT Test Case ruled that the bank charges were not unlawful.

I think you should now go to the FOS on the basis that you were experiencing financial hardship when the bank levied their charges, which were taken from your benefits income.

You will need to demonstrate that this hardship covered a period from whatever date initially up to the present (if this is the case).

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

How would I demonstrate it?

I am self employed, I do have accounts however they are so bad for the past few years because of the "recession" and my illness as a result I have benefits for the roof over my head only, any other income has been from selling what I have to cover bills.

Any suggestions as to what kind of documents would I need to provide?

Fill in a budget Planner that you'll find linked in the Hardship Claim letter that's in the Bank Templates forum.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Have found the budget planner works or excel version but links doesn't work. Just takes you to another page with a list of sites.

Anyone know where I can down load this file?

hi leilani

i've just had a quick look over yr barclays problem and couple suggestions:-

have you done a SAR request on them? it maybe worth doing it as they have to send you all the info they hold on you and . . .

know its a stab in the dark (but believe me its not that unbelieveable) but if they did not send you a o/d confirmation letter within 5 days of yr last o/d increase - they are in breach of the CCA and as such the debt is unenforceable. worth a go i'd say. good luck honey. and beleive me when i say its worth a try because i know people who work there and how lapse they can be in this. also, if it was a joint acc - the letter had to be addressed to both parties and linked under both names on their Pc - once again - this rarely happens.

do a sar request and then you will see for yourself. GOOD LUCK! X:p

:cheer2: Pretty Princess Charlie :cheer2:

Hi Leilani,

This should open the CAG budget Planner for you - http://www.consumerforums.com/attachments/117_Hardship%20Spreadsheet(2).xls

Please confirm if it opens ok. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Question - Is it illegal to have a recorded message on a mobile informing the person who is ringing i.e. BC, mercers or calders (passed to them now) that their number has been logged for harassing of a debt?

I am so tired, ill and haven't managed to submit court action against bc, I can't take the daily calls they are stressing me out so much that I am becoming extremely ill. I found an application for my phone called advanced call manager which I can put all the numbers that call and dedicate a particular message too.

Would appreciate any knowledge that would help me...

Hi Leilani,

Answer - No !! It's not illegal. You can do this if you want, to avoid taking their endless calls on your mobile.

You can also record their calls if you want.

Also, remember the Trucall device mentioned in post #15 on the 1st page of this thread which can deal with any calls to your home number.

Try and stay strong so you can deal with the matter of reclaiming charges. The FOS may take a long time to deal with the case, so it's best that you start any action as soon as you can manage.

In fact, you may find it cathartic to take the initiative and pursue those who are currently pursuing you. Take back some control and turn the tables on them.

Most importantly, remember the DCA's have no power or authority. Try not to let them wear you down.

:cool:

Excellent!

I am passed their 8 weeks does that make a difference?

I will be doing it but I have to go to my sister who is much more used to dealing with forms. I need support unfortunately and yes it will be good to get it over with before my body conks out...the forms are stressing me so much I am have to tablets everyday to stop me combusting from the inside out!

Thank You Slick : )

Excellent!

I am passed their 8 weeks does that make a difference?

I will be doing it but I have to go to my sister who is much more used to dealing with forms. I need support unfortunately and yes it will be good to get it over with before my body conks out...the forms are stressing me so much I am have to tablets everyday to stop me combusting from the inside out!

Thank You Slick : )

Re the 8 weeks, are you saying you've already made the complaint to the FOS and are waiting for them to come back to you.

:confused:

HI Leilani,

Don't worry that you're passed the 8 weeks Barclays said they'd keep the complaint file open.

Get on to the FOS as soon as you can. Don't get upset or angry..................... get even !! :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Slick...thank you for the words of encouragement, unfortunately the stress has knocked me on my arse these past few weeks, so haven't got any further but I building up momentum. I also now have Creation on my back! I am gonna start another thread for that don't worry! :)

HI Leilani,

I don't think you really need to worry too much about the 8 weeks that Barclays gave you - it just means they've closed their own file on case. You can complain to the FOS when you want and Barclays will just have to re-open the file again. :wink:

Of course, the sooner you do it, the better so keep building the momentum. :thumb: