Laura v Halifax - **Debt Written Off**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

According to internet BLS is Lloyds TSB difficult to know whose responsible as night before a call said it was the LLoyds group and the numbers are same for Halifax/BOS and BLS

Anyway just before 10pm had one of the silent calls with the office back ground noise daughter had to leave me in shower on my own to answer phone these low life are interfering with my quality of life it`s a disgrace and should be a criminal offence to harrass a 3rd party to the debt owed it`s nothing to do with me yet I`m the one suffering all these constant annoying pre-recorded calls my children are here to look after mine and my hubbies needs not to keep answering harrasment phone calls:mad:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do m you have a good weekend off to Grandaughters 7th Birthday party should be a laugh then Twycross Zoo tomorrow it`s a break for me looking forward to it:)

LC. What HAVE you done!!! Talk about 'famous last words'. Now i'm convinced that you're some sort of witch :D.

Seriously, so sorry for you. Must be pretty painful. I wish you a very speedy recovery.

M

M no one would believe the calamity had a rainbow coloured cast on yesterday been back today had no sleep as the cast seemed tight I now have changed from fibre glass to plaster of paris and now it`s pink

Daughter had a half day today, to see to us daughter in law as been to hospital with me this morning

A witch I`m a devil lol 6 weeks + of this and I`ll be a crazy nutter lol

Loads of friends been calling to run errands and help great to have good support with the added bonus of friends raising my spirits on here

Edited by Laura Cooke

DD

Hi felt a bit better my sister been then my niece today which as took my mind of things today

Just started emailing this and BLS collections have rung any idea if it is Halifax or LLoyds TSb numbers same 08456029441 can`t wait till FOS take action on them

Are you sure it`s Halifax BLS everywhere on the site says it`s LLoyds Tsb just had a call from a Scottish guy saying it was Lloyds Tsb group BLS a sales call needed me to sign something he was sending hung up I really need to know off here who I am reporting whether it is Halifax or LLoyds TSB as same number:confused:

All the same bunch. From their site>>>>>

ABOUT US

Lloyds Banking Group

Our Opportunity

Lloyds TSB Group plc was renamed Lloyds Banking Group plc on 19 January 2009, following the acquisition of HBOS plc. This makes us the largest retail bank in the UK with a number of leading market positions. One in three people bank with us.

Halifax, part of HBOS, owned by Lloyds TSB

M

I`ll report Halifax then because forms came today from FOS they are partially filled in by the FOS I was so annoyed when they rang today on a pretence of a "Sales call" I have been up to my neck in it because I have been poorly been took back to the hospital for the 3rd time to change my cast

What bit I could understand with the accent was they`ll send a form so I can discuss things if hubbie can`t speak to them

What a shower of sh** this lot are

I`ll report Halifax then because forms came today from FOS they are partially filled in by the FOS I was so annoyed when they rang today on a pretence of a "Sales call" I have been up to my neck in it because I have been poorly been took back to the hospital for the 3rd time to change my cast

What bit I could understand with the accent was they`ll send a form so I can discuss things if hubbie can`t speak to them

What a shower of sh** this lot are

Well I hope they give you a peaceful weekend :mad:. Yes, they are a shower. The latest trick from ARC is they phone my work mobile from random mobile numbers in the hope I answer it. They finally caught me out yesterday. I taught him some new words :D. Don't think he'll call again.

M

Thanks M everyone kept saying it was Halifax akward with them being same group so when you get this automated phone calls or their favourite silent calls you don`t know who you are holding reponsible when you complain to FOS:confused:

Had similar probs myself with Blair Oliver Scott. Never used to go through security with them and I eventually complained about the non-stop calls (against the wrong account :-|. I had a card but didn't realise that a loan I had ended up with them too lol).

Surprise, surprise they came up with phone logs and all sorts to prove that they hadn't called. Soon put them right when i realised what was going on. D***heads.

M

• 3 weeks later...

Call centres face ban on repeat silent calls

Repeated silent phone calls are to be banned, bringing relief to all those harassed by the calls which are generated by computerised cold calling systems.

Telecoms regulator Ofcom has been trying to put a stop to the nuisance calls for years and has fined several companies for breaking its rules. But 70% of the complaints it gets about silent calls are still from people who received two or more a day from the same company, often over several days or weeks.

The silent calls come from telemarketing firms using computers to automatically dial random numbers simultaneously. Sometimes the technology mistakes someone answering the phone for an answer machine and hangs up. Or if too many people answer at once and all call centre staff are busy, the call is cut off.

The new dialing rule is set to come into force early next year. It will ban companies from calling a number more than once in 24 hours unless a call centre worker is on hand to pick up the call.

"Silent and abandoned calls can be very irritating and even frightening for some people," said Ofcom's chief executive, Ed Richards. "By tackling repeat silent calls, backed by firm enforcement action, Ofcom expects to see a sharp reduction in consumer harm."

There are existing rules that say a message should be played to explain an abandoned call. Ofcom is looking at clarifying its rules.

Ofcom already slapped a £50,000 fine on Barclaycard in 2008 for breaking its rules. Other companies fined include The Carphone Warehouse and Abbey National.

The number of silent calls has fallen since its peak in 2008 and complaints are also down, from 1,300 in October 2000 to 825 in March, but it is still a big problem.

Ofcom already slapped a £50,000 fine on Barclaycard in 2008 for breaking its rules. Other companies fined include .............and Abbey National.

Made me smile :). Where's this from?

M

Hi as I can`t get in my office upstairs very well with my broken leg I`m using a lap top downstairs I get my emails by going on TalkTalk Web Mail it came up on there with the days latest new clips I for one welcome this as had umpteen silent calls which are not very nice as I am a third party to anything I find it very distasteful and intimidating I reported Halifax recently for this and then Lloyds Tsb started doing same telephone n umber same but actually got a caller on other end told her to remove my number from her files not had any bother for near on 3 weeks:)

hi DD battling on with the leg nothing else I can do it`s so frustrating relying on people to do errands as I`m the only driver in the house. No heard nothing but all calls stopped I`ll flip if they start again really not in mood for keep answering phone got enough on my plate thanks for your concern x