• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Yes Car And Charging Order ** WON **

gdk2711
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we have all been most grateful for your help gdk i am just a bit surprised didnt know you had another problem that you needed help with...just thought you were posting it for info....i will most certainly help out if i can....i take it that you had an agreement with welcome which states it is now not collectable and that they have sold it on suggest you send this to dca...

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Date:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXXX

This account is in dispute with **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE .

Not only is this a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Trading's debt collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My previous dispute from **DATE** has NOT been answered.

As **original creditor/name of debt collection agency** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act agreementrequest and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Tradings Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

hope this helps...

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DEBT4GET

We got the car in 2006 (it was swapped as the original car (mazda had faults)

So we paid to have major repairs and kept up with the finance payments and in constant contact with welcome and the garage in question but all to no avail.(mondeo)

we were told we would have refunds for the insurances (ha)still waiting from 2006

anyway we decieded to pay off the loan in june/july 06 but few problems with new house move we never paid then (to pay off loan then was £4200 ) so we contacted welcome and explained this

no hassles we still paid the finance payments

Then december 06 we were in the position to pay loan off

well it had jumped to £5800 and when queried they said its how the insurance worked............

anyway fare to say the car went back

after that they got a judgement which we swiftly jumped on and then sent them all paperwork for the repair costs and a covering letter detailing

all the problems encounted

2 days later i had a phone call telling me they were going no further

that was aug 2007

now they sell the debt, and again they have the paperwork!

and the agreeement they sent me has no collectable on it

and the word fraud ( as i complained to them telling them this had been alterd after i signed it

thats on the agreement

but i have both agreements for both cars and the insurances have been ticked after i signed them but the mondeo one has 1 extra than the mazda agreement

Anyway update its in the hand of solicitors as we speak they are giving the a choice write it off and we walk away..............

Or carry on and we claim all the money we spent repairing the car

The insurance payments we paid upto they date the car went back

And compensation for harassment

THE BALL IS IN THERE PART OF THE FIELD AS WE SPEAK

• 3 weeks later...

gdk had a prob with some mods apparantly and aint been on for some time now..think he did get deed of release but has another problem now with welcome..i think...what is your status re godebt now leon? how has it panned out m8?

I had a car from YCC in approx 2005, i fell behind with a couple of payments and they took the car away, i have been getting letters from Go Debt and recently they have been threatening to go to court to file for bankruptcy.. Today my sister called me and said they had left a message on her home phone line answer machine asking questions about me and if we are related!! How dare they harrass my sister about this! I have no idea how they got her number and we are both married so we havent got same names...

I have no paperwork on the agreement or anything and it has been years since ive had contact from them.. The last time i spoke to them was approx 3yrs ago when they rang my then next door neighbours asking questions about me! It was embarrassing when they came round to tell me a company had been calling them regarding me, i rang them and gave them a roasting on the phone and told them to take me to court. It seems they just wont go away...

T Mobile (Red) £194.58 Cleared - November 2008 - Statute Barred

Capital One (Lowell) £2182.45 Cleared - June 2010 - No credit agreement

Yes Car Credit (Go Debt) £7143.70 Cleared - July 2010 - Statute Barred

HSBC (Lowell/Red) £8476.37 Cleared - July 2010 - Statute Barred

Tesco Loan PPI £2668 - March 2013 - Refund

hi klasskitty and welcome..godebt are a really tenacious little bunch who send out stat demands for bankruptcy like confetti....if they are calling other people i would certainly put in a complaint to the OFT via website...godebt wont actually initiate county court action if they can help it..it seems they prefer to go down the stat demand route....if they do issue let us know and we can apply to get it set aside and hopefully win you a few hundred quid in costs to boot

and i never even got a sniff so if thats the case i cannot be botherd offering help or even ask someones opinion if they dont have the courtesy

to acknowledge you....

and after i sent across some valuable paperwork to help future caggers

and get hassle off the moderators on here how ungrateful is that

erm i have been a moderator on here for 2 years and i have no idea whatsoever what the hell you are on about?

who hassled you? what reasons were there given?

to make such a comment is shocking, this is a SELF help forum primarily, so its placing the onus on you to look around and find the info you need, and where necessary to bring your issues to the attention of the site team, via pm if needed.

So if your comment is that no one helped you then did you take the initiative and ask the team for help?

I have just spoken to my sister again, she told me Go Debt have called my Mum and Grandad today as well as her.. They have called her 2 times today and told her they wanted to contact me regarding some paperwork and if they didnt get in touch with me they would have to take me to court but they didnt want to do that and didnt want to send anyone to my house if they could help it.. He told her he couldnt say too much but he was from Auto Direct.. It really annoys me that my family are getting harrassed by these clowns and hope they dont contact my new neighbours as we really dont get on too well with them

is there a reason why they cannot contact yourself? what i concerned about is that they may try and get a ccj by a backdoor route and the first you know about it is when one of your family find it on their doorstep...that said...i sort of have mixed feelings about contacting them and giving them too much information..but in this case if your family is being hassled i do suggest you complain in no uncertain terms to the OFT..i would think that godebt are trying to issue a stat demand...it is their usual modus operandi....unfortunately apart from complaining if you dont want them contacting family neighbours etc. you may have to bite the bullet and contact them yourself...even if it is by letter...in fact we tell posters on here never phone dca's but always deal by letter

Yes they are contacting family because i guess they are trying to confirm where i live, they have started sending letters to my address, ive only lived here 11 months and only 14 months in my previous house, i also got married almost 3yrs ago so my name has changed, maybe they are having trouble keeping track of me!

Ive got no paperwork for them at all, they didnt contact me for so long i thought they might leave me alone.. no such luck

i would suggest sending for the cca...when you get it let us know as most of the ycc agreements are absolutely bog roll....they arent worth the paper they are written on....i do not think that godebt will desist in fact if they go by their usual pattern they will issue a stat demand and try for bankruptcy..either that or they may try a ccj through back door and first you know bout it is it is awarded...it is a difficult one this as they obviously think they have their hooks in you...and by harrassing your family you will poke your head above the parapet...and they can then shoot at you...

How would i go about doing that? sorry if it has been asked before but im finding this hard to process, im facing eviction atm too, so got alot going on..

start by sending them this

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxx

Date xx/xx/xx

To Whom It May Concern:

Your Reference: Agreement Number:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this Credit Agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within Section 77 (1) and Section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of my Credit Agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 Postal Order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my Credit Agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the Agreement under these sections of the Act.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER :

1. True copy of original Credit Agreement

2. Statement of Account

3. Copy of the executed Deed Of Assignment

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed Credit Agreement within 12 + 2 working days of a proper Consumer Credit Agreement request. If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original still exists and in what form (microfiche) etc

As you are aware, a Credit Agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by you is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment - Administration of Justice Act 1970, Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and Communications Act 2003. If you continue to harass me by telephone I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit.

Yours faithfully

Thanks

GUYs GUYs GUYs

I haven't been on in while and am sorry to dissapear after all your help but it was all done for self security and now have very very good news....

My case with Go Debt is now :-o CLOSED :-o:D:D:D Waaa Heyyyyyy!!!

***Deed of release is in my hands as I speak***

After losing my set aside and the court ruling against me I was all ready to setup a repayment plan with Go Debt when I thought giving Stephensons a call wouldn't hurt..

I had a good chat with them and forwarded everything I had on Go Debt and they agreed they were 80% sure they could help (as nothing is 100% as I found out with set aside :(:()

I decided to go ahead with it costing me £250.00 to get the ball rolling within 2 weeks of Stephensons dealing with my case Go Debt agreed to write of my debt and sign a deed of release. The whole Process proberly took around a month from the initial call to getting the Deed of release and only cost me a total of £250.00 (my initial down payment)

It was the Best £250.00 I have ever spent as the total debt witten off ended up being £8625.00. (Great Trade In My Eyes)

A BIG BIG thank you to everyone who helped me and hope this tread serves as a great place to see a start to finish case and the struggles you may see along the journey...

And finally a apology to Debt4Get as you replyed to my message I left on GDK's Thread the other day asking how I was getting on... I wanted to reply but until I got this Deed in my hand I was keeping very HUSH ;):rolleyes:...

As you can imagine I am over the moon this morning...

Leon.

leon i am really really pleased for you m8 i really felt for you when you lost the set aside..i thought you really got shafted by the dj...i am glad everything worked out for you...amazing really after the big let down you had...i always knew godebt didnt have a leg to stand on..but when you comeup against a dj who knew nothing about consumer law it was a real bu**er..once again m8 excellent news

I havent sent the CCA yet as i must of thrown out the last letter from GoDebt and couldnt find anything to reply with ref no.. I knew it wouldnt be long before they wrote again and today i have received 2 letters - 1 from GoDebt well its actually just a card saying 'This is serious' with a section to fill in my details and monthly payment offer. The other is from Hollis Briggs solicitors stating if i dont pay GoDebt £7143.70 within 5 days from the date of the letter (14th May) or contact them with reasons for withholding payment they will commence legal action.

Do i send CCA to Hollis Briggs or GoDebt?

• 3 weeks later...
gdk had a prob with some mods apparantly and aint been on for some time now..think he did get deed of release but has another problem now with welcome..i think...what is your status re godebt now leon? how has it panned out m8?

GDK2711 HERE

The welcome problem is with solicitors...

And i have since found all paperwork from welcome not getting order and all my paperwork from all major repairs done to car

STILL WAITING

KEEP YOU POSTED AND WILL E-MAIL ANY GOOD DOCS

WHICH MAY HELP FUTURE CAGGERS