Credit cards why won't they take offer of payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am unemployed due to stress & depression since last year. I cannot work due to PTS disorder. I have contacted MBNA/PO/Bank of Ireland/Abbey & other's explaining my circumstances. I have had no replies, just default letter's and harrassing phone calls.

Due to my mental health I cannot deal with people therefore I have written to explain this. My debts with the cards are rising due to defaults although I am paying them all £5 a month for now. One card has gone up from £4k to £6K just with their charges alone. What can I do?:rolleyes:

Hi buzbydebt , The answer to your question depends on wether or not you own or are buying your home. If you are not then there is little they can do really. They could take you to court but it would be a waste of their money so are unlikely to . If you do own a home then they could go for a charging order which would repay monies due when you eventually sell your home , but they would have to firstly get a CCJ against you and due to your circumstances the CCJ may be for you to pay a small amount monthly to your creditors ( possibly £1 per month).

sleepingdog

Hi Sorry about your problems. These companies only want your money they care about nothing else - parasites the lot of them. They were quick enough to get everyone in debt when times were good - but now they can't get paid they revert to kind. Parasites.

Anyway have you done the usual?

Sent for a CCA agreement ? Costs a pound PO send recorded.

They'll take notice then!

You can find letters in the templates section that are sutiable.

Hope thsi helps

Sorry about my rant but it really gets my back up when these or any company fails to take note of what was said by the customer.

Because they are greedy.

Just one tip, dont entertain ringing abbey, make sure all communication in writing. I have mental problems and they treat me like dirt, stating on subject access request, that her mental problems are not our problem. No Sympathy for me at all.

Some good advice will follow from your new cag friends.:)

Thanks for your advice, I did ask for the agreement which they all sent back, I have no idea what I am looking for, its a shame they can't see when people are in genuine need, I worked for over 19 years, have always paid off debts until the last year, and sent them proof I was on income support, I just can't get them to agree to take a least a small monthly amount & freeze the interest until I get a job...

If confident debt is enforceable and you feel you can afford the 5.00, do so by standing order, it would work in your favour if they ever went to court, cant argue you wernt paying what you can afford, the judges would not favour them and probably reduce the 5.00 if you are struggling with that to 1.00.

I was in same situation, they wouldnt help me untill I contacted payplan, I then re-approached the card companies with some Payplan info & a PP I & E sheet and the interest was frozen and Im now paying them all £1 a month.

Andy

Hi Buzbydebt , you are seeing the financial and collection industry for what it really is -dirty and greedy without any thought for its customers. It is this greed and uncaring attitude that surprizes most first time posters on this site who were all at one time good paying customers whose change in circumstances could not be foreseen.

hi Buzbydebt,

there is a letter that can be sent to these companies,

Dear sirs

On every occasion that I have received calls, I have requested that these call stop and that I will only communicate with your company via Letter.

hope that helps

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls and I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company may be recorded and used in evidence and I expect this harassment to cease immediately.

When I asked your colleague if these calls are recorded, and the response was yes they are, then I would also like to receive from yourself a copy of each of the recorded calls.

This letter will has been sent via recorded delivery, and as soon as I have confirmation that it has been delivered to your business address, any further telephone calls that I receive will be dealt with in the manner as detailed above.