Being bothered by Debt Collectors/3rd Parties /Solicitors etc ? - SEND THEM THIS!

nuke em
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having been at the heart of the Cabot fan Club since 2006 and having been a big part of the process in the earlier days of Cag with many talented caggers I can assure people that the process Nuke em proposes has been peddled many many times before. (Mr Ton springs to mind).

To his credit, Nuke em's methods DID work in the early days when the dca's didn't know what hit them when their 'customers' turned on them with CCA requests, SAR's, complaints about their methods of calling, putting them to proof they owned the debts at all, exposing their array of companies they hid behind without the debtor really knowing any of their rights at all or having never even heard of the Consumer Credit Act. Even the staff of the DCA's didn't know what the CCA was and TBH it was quite funny watching their responses.

Times have changed now though and the Credit industry (which I have been closely acquainted with for over 30 yrs) are wising up as a necessity. They didn't to begin with, Debt collection was a free for all easy money job, but not any more because the consumer has been CAG empowered. I've read this thread with interest and peoples responses. The technically able, the wise, the not so wise and the plain daft suggestions and seen the incorrect information provided too, but the issue is much more serious and needs clarity whilst taking on board the nuisance factor letters and suggestions nuke em sends has on these dca's.

I wouldn't recommend writing anything like them myself these days, although I have done so in the past and I have attached an invoice to some for my time costs and stationery after warning the dca I would if they persisted wasting my time. I never got paid either, but what it does, legal or not, is to turn the tables on these people and turns the hunters into the hunted and it shocks them.

The debt collection staff pick on the easy targets generally because they are all on financial targets and commissions. If you become awkward and procrastinate with these kinds of letters you would have a good chance of being put to the back of the pile because you're hard work and unlikely to get anything out of in the short term so you are not an easy target. They move on to someone who does not give them grief and that's about as much benefit you'll get these days.

Nicks letter and assessment is sound, and most reasoned writers/debtors will want to write something they feel comfortable with which is not too much 'in your face' and confrontational. I'd suggest structured, legally correct and short and sweet.

We had a saying in the Fan Club ' Keep it Simple Silly' - KISS. We fought the dca's with the law, that was all. Use the law and you generally win (not always with all these daft Judges) but generally.

Priority One has seen it all before many many times. She is a hardened and well experienced cagger giving much learned advice not to be treated lightly. I can understand her frustration with Nuke ems approach, it's just old hat which has been peddled and peddled and gets people nowhere at all in the main. With this forum here to advise people how to take up the mantle themselves, often for the first time in their lives realising they should not be hunted and harrassed anymore, then we should try and make everything as informative, constructive and plausible as much as we can. There is a place for nuke em in the process, it works for him and some will like his style, I did, it made me laugh. He has said it's not for beginners so he is what he says on the tin, but it is a process well trodden and a trifle out of date. DCA's have changed their processes, their training and their response mechanisms. They have suffered more than many will realise over the past 2-3 yrs with massive staff cuts, cost cuts and profit reductions. The credit press is full of consumer backlash issues and how they can tackle them, yet when I first approached Credit Today - they laughed at what I was saying and doing in the Fan Club - they ain't laughing now.

I'd like to think this thread will continue being constructive as this too has a future to give good advice to people, lets not get personal though - that gets us nowhere....like my ole daddy said

" I respect your right to your opinion - but I beg to differ"

Keep up the demands for them to comply - that's all I can say.

Edited by andrew1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images