Welcome moved the goalposts

slimblondeuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wondered if you could help, I got a car from welcome in March this year, in July this year I lost my job and could not afford to pay them the full amount of 227.12, after a few months of struggling to pay I rang them, they couldn't have been nicer and said I could just pay what I could afford. Sometimes I paid £20 a month sometimes up to £50 a month, always a 'field' visit, and also by somebody different everytime as people kept leaving the company. I last spoke to my 'current' account manager in december when I paid by debit card as I had for the last 3 months, she said she would speak to me in January to get another payment from me, she also gently reminded me that I was in arrears, and I said that i understood but i didnt have a job yet and hopefully things would get back to normal. I never had any letters or anything. Then on Monday 4th Jan 2010 I got a 'Without Prejudice' default notice saying that if i didnt pay 900 odd quid in the next 14 days they would take th car from me. I rang and spoke to the 'branch manager' and said how could they all of a sudden move the goalposts, I hadn't defaulted as I had a payment plan which they had agreed to, he just kept reverting back to the original agreement. I couldn't reason with him, he contradicted himself and didnt know what he was talking about. What can I do? I have 3 kids, and an opportunity of a job that requires a car. PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome, slimblondeuk.

I'll move your thread to the Welcome Finance Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Slim do you have a copy of your agreement? If you do scan it in and use photobucket to post a link to her here lets have a look at the agreement make sure you delete all personal information but leave the figures in there :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

hi thank you to everybody that replied to my post, just knowing i have people trying to help me makes me feel a lot better. I shall photobucket my agreement, also in response to ozzywizard, it doesn't give a numerical date just says, and i quote: 'fourteen (14) days'.

Hello slimblondeuk. Do not worry yourself about that Default Notice. Is it the first you`ve had the pleasure of receiving?

There being no numerical date is important. That alone makes it toilet paper.;)

Why would they send a DN that they do not intend/ are unable to use in a court of Law? With Out Prejudice means just that. :D

Cheers, MARK

Hi Slimblonde,

What I have done.....and it seems to work (more by trial and error LOL) is go back to your album page and then copy and paste the link bar from the top into your thread.

Hope this makes sense.....I'm a bit computer illiterate.

Dawn

xxxx

Seems Ive Totalled Another Agreement Today

Option Fee

Whats That

Normally Its An Option To Purchase The Car But Its Normally About Fifty Quid

Now Ime Going To Give You The Good News

You Are Paying Interest On It

Thats A No No As Its A Charge For Credit

That £1 Has Just Made The AgreemenT Crap

The Option Fee Is An Option To Purchase

Thats A Final Payment That Goes With Your Last Instalment.

But It Has Been Included In The Charge For Credit, Being Its Having Interest Charged Against It.

This Option Fee Is A Charge For Credit So No Interest Is Allowed To Be Charged Against It.

Thats A No No

A Quid Does Not Sound Much But Its A Healthy Sum For Welcome Over The Term Of The Loan At There Apr

Well Done

just a thought, the option fee may be included on the agreement, but the amount actually credit to the account at the start maybe different by the £1.

Check the amount at start on a statement and see if there is a difference to the agreement. This is what happened on mine. not sure if this makes a difference or not!

I see the total amount payable is quoted as £11,152.78, whereas the 48 payments x £227.12 = £10901.76...looks like they have added the deposit in to the t.a.p as well, like on the agreement on MICHFERGIEs thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/230291-welscum-3.html

Also, its strange they havent stitched you up with an Acceptance Fee...they usually do :confused:

...shame for them about the Option Fee though :D

Edited by djwigster
typo