The morals & ethics of being in debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:spider: There is definitely some thing creepy about:spider:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

To be honest I think I have a more balanced view than most view on here

Big head:lol:

Over large Ego:madgrin:

Nose probably taped to ones brow:lol:

Translated means: Blinkered by **** kissing to fund your life style.

KARMA my friend.

Ive learnt this site helps people to learn their rights, not avoid debt that is legit and as for the morals if companies dealt with their customers rather than ignore valid requests and then sell disputed accounts on for pittance yet write off to tax, then morals go out the window and a valid just war will be declared.

Anotherwords companies dont play fair my morals now say BOGOFF :-)

Not forgetting BLOOD AND STONE :)

Have to say where do the morals of the credit industry come into play flogging debt to those not well enough to refuse more than twenty times in one conversation, no no no no no,

you will be stupid if you dont want to save with us,

no no no, I cant see how another credit card saves me money, no no no no,

we will offer you less interest, no no no no,

oh sorry you are not accepted for our low interest c card,

okay off i go, dont go they say, it does not end there,

no no no no, I am on benefits,

that does not mean you cant have a loan,

no no no, Oh look you are accepted !!!!!

and guess what the interest turns our to be more than the original credit card and when friend and me try to cancel within seven days and return the money they do everything in their power to put it off and then say we wont accept the money back when I had no clue what I was going to do with 3,500.

It got wasted and company say due to what happened they dont plan to take me to court, but pass to dca.

So I am told to ignore their heavy demands from original creditor and reasured ignore their court threats, they cant do it without our say so, told to simply ignore the telephone harassment.

So I tell the ring of dcas that this will never make court, they OC has said so and I have it on tape and are they aware of it?

One by one each dca at this point passes it back to OC who would you believe it have also done dodgey default and ileagal recision then put balance as sattisfied and at zero, then would be believe it by magic whoopppeeee it appears again with them as new balance and they right once every six months to tell me this sattisfied balance has apepared out of the ether again.

These dcas and credit companies should buy a large stock of baby wipes to wipe their mouths with during and after calls, it must be so nasty having to deal with **** shooting out:jaw:

Imoral is when creditor within cancellation period wont take it back, TAKE IT BACK, dont say we cant credit the account or stop the interest without head office authorisation who have just refered you back to them.

Thats why this site is great, you learn your rights, I have the subject access request from this company clearly showing their actions and their note, mrs xxxx reminds us of her mental condition.

Answer: Not our problem.

Oh it is OC, you made the mistake of forcing credit down my throat, that is your problem.

For anyone thinking oh sweet jeesh this woman is terrible, who cares, enough people have told me the creditor were in the wrong who really matter xx

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

Thi thread has gone Ghostly Quiet:scared:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Are you Mrs. Ghost by any chance!!!!

I feel that when someone supposedly joins these forums it is to help others

and to gain knowledge to help them selves not to make crass remarks, if the ''Ghost'' has not got the guts to speak

for his/her self then there is little more to be said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Ghost? Not me I'm afraid dear :)

I was just reading it and don't really understand why you've all jumped on him or her - they expressed opinions which you all don't seem to agree with, which is cool and can sometimes generate a very good debate, but it seems to have gotten a little personal and I wondered why. Is he or she a troll, or do you just not like him or her? I personally wouldn't have said their comments were crass, and in fact it seems to be the replies from established posters which seem to have gotten a little personal. If they are not a troll and not being offensive then I feel, as an outsider reading this thread, that those of you participating are being a bit mean to be honest, taking it on face value. Perhaps there's more I don't know, but the rest of you come across as a little intimidating, and I'm sure that's not the case at all :)

Those who have experience of sometimes 1000's of post become aware at some point that a poster

might not be genuine, as we know a number of companies in the debt collection ''industry'' trawl the forums on on a regular

basis to undermine the wealth of experience and knowledge which is given freely to all thos who subscribe.

Some time a note is pitched in a thread that does not harmoniise, and a little baiting draws out the non genuine poster.

This usually results in a GHOSTLY SILENCE.

Also I am pretty sure if the site team had any problems they would have intervened.

Oh they do? Gawd, that's sad isn't it! I've experienced my fair share of trolls on different sites but he or she just didn't seem like one I guess and it made the rest of you look a little scary from my point of view!

Casper, if he or she is genuine, then they probably thought there was little point in replying.... It didn't seem like much of a debate, from where I'm sitting, more like a defence.

I expect you probably think I know him or her now haha, I just don't believe people should be picked on for a difference of opinion and that's what it felt like you were doing, to me :)

Some like the ''Ghost'' Maddsy like to make statements such a ''career in law enforcement''

but the manner of their statements gives away the pretence, we are lucky on CAG to have many people

with a lifetimes true experience of many aspects of life.

Why are you all picking on someone who holds an opinion different to your own?

Not picking on him/her, but dont like it when someone with an unknown agenda appears and starts to question the morals and immorality of being in debt, by quoting how much hassle the poor banks and credit industry has to go through to get people who in the majority of cases are in debt due to circumstances beyond their control, like losing a job due to the CREDIT CRUNCH brought about by these very institutions that cry foul when a person cant pay. and who then sells the debt on for pennies in the pound to an industry that if you took the time to look at threads you and the ghost would see is rotten to the core.

If this poster does not like this forum then they are free to leave, if you think this is harsh, then sorry but this forum is designed to assist people to KNOW THEIR RIGHTS and to make sure they are treated with RESPECT and not trampled all over by some commision employed PHONE DRONE

The negative comments are no skin off my nose - after all I have no feelings, right?

What makes you think I work for a DCA? Because I am not so sympathetic to every debtor and his dog? I am not going to reveal where I have worked.

This forum is not really typical of what is out there - I know because I have had first hand experience of dealing with people being chased by DCAs. You're not all sweet innocent little bunnies.

This forum is not really typical of what is out there - I know because I have had first hand experience of dealing with people being chased by DCAs. You're not all sweet innocent little bunnies.

Never claimed we all were, but the majority are, contrary to your law enforcement observations

That is your opinion an I respect it, and no one is asking you to reveal your secret employment!!

PGH, I would say it is the vast majority, and if the''Ghost'' does not like it as you said he should leave the forum.

A thought has occurred to this suspicious mind after reading some threads in another sub forum Bailiff (law enforcement?)

There needs to be an overhaul of the debt/credit industry, and indeed the borrowing culture that makes it seem perfectly normal to borrow 200k to buy a flat in London when you earn £30k a year.

I have no guilt whatsoever about my debt. The bigger picture is, I've worked most of my life, been a decent person. In the overall scheme of things, I am a net contributor to society, through taxes and consumption as well as the work I do. I have been a bit unwise and profligate with credit cards to the tune of about 10k. Another 5k or so has been added on in charges and interest. Made up charges, in other words.

I worked for investment banks for years before being made redundant and saw it as a fun numbers game for them, moving vast sums around, making huge bonuses from what is, essentially, gambling and usury. When it comes to poverty here and in the developing world, it ceases to be a fun game.

The credit industry and culture cause us to have inflated house prices .. sometimes we can benefit from this inflation, but even those of us who can make money from property have usually paid a fair bit before we cash in.

I understand the government "had" to bail out the banks, but they were let get away with personal fortunes and assets as well as company assets - they should have had to feel some pain.

I will try to pay back the substantial part of my debt when I get back on my feet, but I don't feel guilty or unethical about any of it.

Congratulations, you should not be made to feel guilty because of debt, unfortunately debt is a product of in some cases

of a society that believes I want therefore I shall have irrespective of the consequences.

Well, yes, and as an adult I hold my hand up to having done some of that! But if credit were a bit harder to obtain, it would keep down prices - I know we're supposed to stimulate spending to support industry, but a disproportionate slice of the cake we're all making (in good times) has been going to financial service companies who produce nothing.

Since my employment status has changed (I'm often out of work, and low paid) I've downscaled my spending - I don't buy anything I don't have the money for. My credit history is shot to pieces, but it's quite a relief, I want to live debt free at some point in the future.

I for one wish you every success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks