The morals & ethics of being in debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Rebel, I just gone through to mediation session arising from the intransigence of a DCA flatly refusing to listen

or even understand what the debtors situation was financially at the time or what it may become, until the face to face

meeting between the parties with myself speaking for the debtor,did the fact dawn on the DCA representative that the

debtor wa already on the bread line mentally ill to boot, luckily this one has a happy but confidential ending.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said it did, I said I understand why they do it - get your facts right.

OK so you understand why they do this, so do I for years before the advent of the internet, people felt that they were the only ones in the position of not being able to pay their debts, and the only places to go were the CAB and maybe some other charities, which understandably enough most people would rather avoid a complete stranger knowing their affairs, and the DCA's knew that must people did not know enough about laws and procedures in place to counteract the dca threats etc. (I mean I did not know anything about CCA requests etc until I found this forum)

So the DCA's held the upper hand throwing out demands and threats of court, stat demands, etc, even their names are designed to intimidate, (Intrium Justitia, Powertocollect) etc, all their letters had fancy fonts and red titles and came from departments with legal sounding names like Pre_court division (moorcrap) or you got a letter from some in-house pet solicitor at the next desk, all designed to frighten you into paying more than you could afford.

Then came the internet and people started researching and found the CAG and other forums and were able to access the OFT and TS and FSA websites and lo and behold, these cretins arent so clever after all, and most of their threats are just that threats, now if they dont change their spots they are going to lose this lucrative market, but and it is a big but they still have the mind set that they are allowed to carry on as before.

Well listen up, that era has gone, more and more people know their rights and of course they are going to question these firms, if the come in all heavy handed, and it helps no one if posters like the ghost try and justify thier tactics.

Anyway I have had enough of ths thread, people are arriving daily with requests for help and my time on th CAG is better spent trying to ensure they are not ridden roughshod over by a bunch of threat monkeys from some dodgy back street organisation that fails to adapt to the times of people knowing their RIGHTS

That is so true,it Empowers me to say to the''Ghost'' I WILL RESPOND TO HIS POSTS AND THAT I WILL NOT BE

INTIMIDATED INTO NOT DOING SO!!!!!:!::madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The Problem is He/She is a joke but in no way funny:madgrin::jaw:

The big big gold fish seen around the sewage works:madgrin::fish2:

As the one who started this thread back in the year dot (it seems like), it has been interesting to see the different reactions of CAG members.I confess here & now to being a 'won't pay' - why ?, because I am not prepared to be bullied, and I am not prepared to accept the right of a DCA, that has 'bought' my debt from the OC, to collect it from me without some documentary evidence of that right.Show me the agreement, and I'll pay up to the best of my ability. It is that simple. Start to threaten me, and I'll see you in court and plead abject poverty.LSP

As the one who started this thread back in the year dot (it seems like), it has been interesting to see the different reactions of CAG members.I confess here & now to being a 'won't pay' - why ?, because I am not prepared to be bullied, and I am not prepared to accept the right of a DCA, that has 'bought' my debt from the OC, to collect it from me without some documentary evidence of that right.Show me the agreement, and I'll pay up to the best of my ability. It is that simple. Start to threaten me, and I'll see you in court and plead abject poverty.LSP

But you are only following your rights, to not be bullied and to see documentary evidence of alleged debt, if dcas cannot do that well tough and that is what irkes them xx

Hi LS that is the point I have tried to make owe the money or not no one should be subjected to threats , abuse and harassment from DCA's who have no moral or legal

authority what so ever they are just greedy profit takers on the back of people who are often already on the poverty line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think if we keep replying to this thread that it takes away the help from people that really need it the ghost must be happy about this as it is obvious that this is a power kick to him well rip ghost because the people at CAG are not that stupid we have the power and the help that we need I forone will never read or reply to this tread again

Hi LS that is the point I have tried to make owe the money or not no one should be subjected to threats , abuse and harassment from DCA's who have no moral or legal

authority what so ever they are just greedy profit takers on the back of people who are often already on the poverty line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite so, Brigadier - quite so, Sir. LSP

I feel that if a company has the right to wipe of a debt and sell on for pennies, therefore they claim it against their taxes, then the alleged debtor should have first right to buy it for pennies if they can prove they have been true and offered reasonable payments they can afford through some sort of mediation. Hence stopping the bottom sniffers making vast profits for claiming the original amounts plus whatever they add also or try to.

We need to see in such unfair proven cases of alleged debtor being treat unfairly for the courts to wipe more of the debts clear to teach the pond life a lesson.

Question should we ask the site team to close this thread?

I think if we keep replying to this thread that it takes away the help from people that really need it the ghost must be happy about this as it is obvious that this is a power kick to him well rip ghost because the people at CAG are not that stupid we have the power and the help that we need I forone will never read or reply to this tread again

I fully agree with you, VictoriaHeather, I think that my thread has run its course. It has made people think, and provoked many opinions, but now is the time to get on with fighting these DCA bullies. Thank you everyone. LSP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks