import duty

labrat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone point me to a simplified way to work out how much import duty is payed on items.

ive seen the "official" one and couldnt make heads nor tails of it.

its mostly costume jewelry (non percious metal)

costume jewelry (silver plated)

crafting beads

toys

if someone could tell me how you pay it as well, i.e. wait for customs to contact, contact them with the list of imports etc

just an idea of mine

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

thanks looking at it its around 4% tax and 15% vat at the min.

will price up this stuff then

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

hmm its from china (as people prob guessed) which actually lists as tax for the items 0.00 and provides an act that according to that site isnt in english :)

Please note:

£300+ of assorted costume jewlery, electornics and tools, for resale, cannot be labled as gifts

Please note:

golden rule: YWNFWTVatMan

I have imported some bits in the past, from the states, using UPS.

UPS charged (at the time) an £8 admin fee on top of the duty.

I phoned up, paid the duty, and they delivered to the door same day.

If you are importing regularly, you need to fill in a "TURN"(?), but it will be essentially the same. I had an account manager at UPS who walked me throught it - and that was for two deliveries totalling 50 quid + duty, so not huge amounts.

Carpe Jugulum