Help! NCP Ice Accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apart from the odd idiot who resort to name calling or posts insulting comments, in the main it's healthy debate.

The only evidence I can find of 'name calling' & 'insulting comments' on this thread is contained in the above post - consequently you must be refering to your good self in making that remark in which case I concur.

Edited by car2403
Reversal of previous edits following investigation

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in this case.

The extensions of the definition of public highway onto private car parks only apply to those that are open to the public.

This is obviously a barriered car park and thus the RTA does not apply.

Can we assume that this applies to car parks that do not have barriers but in order to use the car park you have to pay? If so, then cam I assume supermarket car parks also fall into this category as in order to have free parking you have to buy goods from the supermarket therefore in essence paying for the privilage to park?

C If so, then cam I assume supermarket car parks also fall into this category as in order to have free parking you have to buy goods from the supermarket therefore in essence paying for the privilage to park?

I don't think you will find it is specifically a condition that you have to buy goods, so you are not obliged to pay.

The only evidence I can find of 'name calling' & 'insulting comments' on this thread is contained in the above post - consequently you must be refering to your good self in making that remark in which case I concur.

Then you need to re read your posts

You are very careless, unreasonable & judgemental

You are the only person on this thread who has resorted to name calling and insults, probably because that is the only thing that you can contribute.

Mossy

This needs to stop, or this thread will be locked and no one will get the final say - move on to add some value, or don't post. Simples.

No prob with that car2403, I certainly have no intention of deteriorating this thread further into a personal, undignified & boring 'bun fight'.

I do however request that the direct, pointed, personal & gratuitious 'idiot' insult, to which I take the greatest exception, be edited/removed & if it helps the situation, my reference to 'careless' in the post which appears to have offended MC's sensibilities.

Mossy, G&M

You've both made excellent points from both sides of the fence. Leave it at that. You're both experienced posters and need to take a step back. There are a few others who could leave off as well. (You know who you are).

For those of you who are tempted to take potshots - I've been educated by both of these posters and found they usually give sound and logical advice both on this thread and on others.

I've not read any insults and all I would say to Strawdog is that "if the cap fits wear it otherwise leave the bone alone. :D

For the record I made my point back in 54. This would be for a court to decide if it goes anywhere.

• Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone please just tell me, is this a consumer forum or a kindergarten?

I hope this isn't typical of how threads are. I will think twice before asking for advise myself now.

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of lively discussion if you want proffesional advice go see a solicitor. The definition of a 'forum' is a place for open discussion so thats what you get. No one has been rude to anyone and no one has died, I'm sure Mossycat is not losing sleep over the matter neither will I.

Happy New Year

Someone please just tell me, is this a consumer forum or a kindergarten?

I hope this isn't typical of how threads are. I will think twice before asking for advise myself now.

This forum is very much like the UK Court system, in so much as it is adversarial. Each side presents their own argument as to why they think they are right and then sometimes a healthy discussion/debate/argument ensues. I say sometimes because usually there is a definitive answer that someone can give and nobody can argue against, however on this thread there has been a split on who people think was liable, hence the number of posts.

The OP has had the benefit of a very reasoned argument from both sides of the fence, what I suspect will happen in reality is that she will pass any claim that NCP make onto her own insurers and they will argue it out, probably in much the same way that has been argued here.

I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it, it's rare that I disagree with what G&M has to say, and to be honest I've learnt quite a lot about parking offences because of his knowledge and his posts on that subject.

In the main I respect the views and arguments of others when they are put forward in a reasoned way, it's just sad to see it degenerate sometimes when people resort to personal insults/name calling and don't actually contribute sensible anything to the debate/discussion/argument, and to that extent I can understand why it looks like a school playground sometimes. My advice to you is if you do have a problem and need advice then post, you'll soon realise that this forum has a lot of very clued up people who will help you.

I'd really be interested in the eventual outcome of this, personally I'm hoping that the NCP do make a claim against the OP (apologies to the OP for this) because then we will get a definitive answer and find out how it is settled.

Mossy

Edited by Mossycat

I'm frightened to inform the outcome :)

Well,I haven't heard a thing, I'd like to think they realised that the fact the car park was so slippy it was an accident waiting to happen (after all they did grit it the following day).

The barrier has been fixed, the damage wasn't as bad as it looked at the time as it was one of those health and safety barriers that bend on impact - thats why my car wasn't damaged and I wasn't injured.)

So...there's the out come - sorry Mossy! (No offence taken :p)

Hope you all had a great new year!

x

So...there's the out come - sorry Mossy! (No offence taken :p)

x

None taken.

My guess is that NCP staff fixed the barrier themselves and didn't involve their insurers or an external contractor, if that's the case then you may well never get a bill.

Mossy

None taken.

My guess is that NCP staff fixed the barrier themselves and didn't involve their insurers or an external contractor, if that's the case then you may well never get a bill.

Mossy

Lets hope so :)