Please help don't know, what to do next!!!!!

Dizzy092
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi am in a total muddle with welcome have voluntary given them back my car they have sold it. Not telling me anything more and say I now owe them £4400 when i gave them back the car i said it was because i could no longer afford the repayments of £130, they said it was fine and I could pay £30 a month until I could afford to pay more. They are now saying that my account is now in arrears and has been for the last 3 months by £100 each month and that, interest is due for each month. They did not tell me this at the time I started paying £30 a month. I have explained that I cannot afford more and they say that I should continue with £30 a month as a token payment untill I can get back up to £130, i explained that If i could afford £130 I would have not given up the car, asked them to draw a line and make new aggrement of 30 for how ever long it would take as long as 30 came off what I owed and not just £30 off new interest penaties and £25 out side call charges they keep adding. Have as good as begged them to take me to court to get some kind of repayment agreement cos I can’t get another loan to get them off my back. They have offered a total settlement with 50% discount but have no way of getting hold of £2200. What can they do if i don’t pay anything on the grounds that they will not reduce payment to a level I can afford. They have said that they no longer reduce payments for anyone. Also how can I still have a HP agreement with them when neither of us has the car to hire or purchase? What a rubbish company they have never sent me statments or any letters regarding the sale of the car or anything only letters stating £25 outside call charges, all they do is keep ringing me until I answer and demand cash whatever they think they can get. Had paid nearly half the original cost in the first place plus the sale of car they must be evens with me.

hehe

welcome along to the un-welcomed world of welcome.......

going by other threads

i think you may well be in for a large wind fall here.

i'n sure postggj will be along soon

in the meantime, have a read of a few of the other threads and start smiling.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx, hope someone will pick up for me, did not know so many people were going through the same and many more going through worse, they are bad people don't know how thier staff sleep at night, they must treat it as a big game, a sick one at that. Its not like I don't want to pay its just they are so demmanding and unreasonable.

Dizzy092

Edited by Dizzy092

Hi am in a total muddle with welcome have voluntary given them back my car they have sold it. Not telling me anything more and say I now owe them £4400 when i gave them back the car i said it was because i could no longer afford the repayments of £130, they said it was fine and I could pay £30 a month until I could afford to pay more. They are now saying that my account is now in arrears and has been for the last 3 months by £100 each month and that, interest is due for each month. They did not tell me this at the time I started paying £30 a month. I have explained that I cannot afford more and they say that I should continue with £30 a month as a token payment untill I can get back up to £130, i explained that If i could afford £130 I would have not given up the car, asked them to draw a line and make new aggrement of 30 for how ever long it would take as long as 30 came off what I owed and not just £30 off new interest penaties and £25 out side call charges they keep adding. Have as good as begged them to take me to court to get some kind of repayment agreement cos I can’t get another loan to get them off my back. They have offered a total settlement with 50% discount but have no way of getting hold of £2200. What can they do if i don’t pay anything on the grounds that they will not reduce payment to a level I can afford. They have said that they no longer reduce payments for anyone. Also how can I still have a HP agreement with them when neither of us has the car to hire or purchase? What a rubbish company they have never sent me statments or any letters regarding the sale of the car or anything only letters stating £25 outside call charges, all they do is keep ringing me until I answer and demand cash whatever they think they can get. Had paid nearly half the original cost in the first place plus the sale of car they must be evens with me.

Dizzy :-0

Hi Dizzy....I think the first step is to get a full SAR from them.... you can find this here - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca unfortunately this will cost £10 (send recorded to the Data Compliance Manager at their head office in Nottingham)...however it could be £10 well spent. You really need to know exactly where you stand on this. Was there any PPI added on to the loan ? I would also keep paying whatever you can afford....you could possibly make them an offer of lower than the £2K they are asking for. (in lieu of possible charges, PPI etc..)

Have they sent you a default notice ? and have they terminated the agreement as yet ?

• Haha 1

No they have not yet terminated the contract yet they say we still have to pay the amount on the original HP agreement, and we have not received a default notice as yet also as far is I know no PPI was added not at my request anyway, will need to see what they say on this one. They are ringing me tomorrow to see if I have raised the £2200 to settle the account. I have not managed to do this. I expect them to ask for some money tomorrow as have not payed last month or this month, just seems like if I pay them say £30 tomorrow it won't actully come off the debt will only cover the charges they seem to keep adding for phone calls and interest.

Will send subject access request after tomorrows phone call from them, then I will know what they expect me to do, to comply with them.

Many thanks for your advice, it really helps to know that someone is there who knows what goes on in thier industry as I have not got any idear and have not been in this situation before.

Thanks again 42man

Dizzy.

Edited by Dizzy092
add more info

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm confused if you handed your car back on a vt (you have to of paid more than 1/3 of the goods part of your agreement though) then you should owe them nothing! so did they reposess your car if so you should of had a notice of default and termination letter (of which they should have copies) if they reposses it they sell it and apply the auction funds to your account and your still liable for the rest. if this is the case then go to cccs (consumer credit counselling service) they get a balance of the account and go through your income and outgoings and you pay them what you afford and they pay welcome and other creditors it's free and welcome are not allowed to contact you only them and they also can't charge interest on your account anymore

oh.. wait till postggj sees this

i'll get this thead moved to the welcome forum

you owe them stuff all, infact i bet they owe you .. lots!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx, it is already

hic:lol::lol::lol:

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the delay have been away for Christmas with family, I have not received my sar nore have they confirmed recept of it. When they came and took the car it was on the uderstanding that it was a voluntary hand back that I had agreed with them, they keep phoning and I am at the point were I'm refusing to answer as it is all beginning to stress me out.

dizzy ignore them for now.

they can do nothing to you.

dx

and they

phone these people

ask them to send you details they have on you ref insurance products sold by welcome finance

they normally do with no problem and its free

when did you send your sar

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

ime involved in quite a few welcome threads and people do get lost so dont worry about sending me pm (personal message) all the time

Many thanks for all your responses, sent SAR just before christmas as could not raise the settlement figure they wanted (2200) think they still have around 10 days to respond.

I have looked and have no paperwork or knowledge of PPI being added at any time and remember saying no to it at point of sale, just worried that a fast one may have been pulled after seeing all stories of it happening to others. Will phone company, postggj, to check this did not happen to me.

All is appreciated very much!

Thanks again,

Dizzy

Have phoned Direct group and they have said that there was three products registed with them but they are not active now. This is so odd, I asked when they were added and it turns out, it was three days after I took out original hp agreement with them (HP taken out 04/04/07 and the PPI products added 11/04/07) I asked for more details and they said that because I am not live with them anymore that I should ask welcome. So it seems that maybe these 3 PPI product were added and taken off without me having any knowledge. Can't wait to see the SAR, have also looked for statment from 2007 and am sure that I have never received one. The three products were, total loss insurance, Payment protection, and some sort of mechanical breakdown insurance. Don't know how long they were active for, very odd! Have had 6 calls from them yesterday and today, not answered them tho ;-) as want to ignore them for now!

Dizzy

Edited by Dizzy092
corrections!

Received a letter and info on policies that welcome opened up these policies are PPI, Shortfall extra insurance and Mechanical breakdown insurance plus. Included was the wordings for each policy. The letter was very short and said that enclosed is the policy wording for the policies we hold on the system for you. The letter sort of suggests that they/I still have these policies, but when I phoned them before to request the details they said that the policies were no longer live. They have not given any details to confirm or open up any further on this, dates active when it was cancelled and such.

Still no news on the SAR from welcome.

Dizzy.

Hi, just a little update, received a letter of acknowledgement from welcome today, only the SAR I sent them stated only one account number, as thats all I had on the last letter they sent me. This letter states what looks like four sets of account numbers, only had the account re-written once to make the hp over a longer period to bring the payments down, was in 2008. So not sure about the other sets of account numbers. Also they say they only received it 16/01/10 thats more than a couple of weeks after I sent it, have checked on the postal website and there is no confirmation on there, so I am assuming that it must have been delayed in the postal system, some how.

Best Regards

Dizzy.