We're Having An Effect!!!

zsellors
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to let you all know that it appears some banks and credit card companies are taking notice of our claims and doing something about it. I am in the process of claiming charges back from Barclays and Natwest with the help of this site. However, I received a letter from Capital One credit card company yesterday (whom I have a nil balance account with) informing me that any charges applied to accounts from now on will be at the rate of £12. Also, my mum has received a letter from her bank recently (Yorkshire) saying that they are reducing the rate of charges to £12!!

So, it seems the are taking note! Anyone else had anything??

Hi

Got the same letter from Cap One. Personally I think that £12 is still excessive and it seems that the OFT have basically scr*wed us all by suggesting that figure unilaterally. I suspect most Banks/CCs will jump on the same bandwagon if they have any sense.

Can anyone offer an opinion on whether:

1. This will lead to judges staying cases with the implied suggestion that parties settle on the difference between the applied charge and this new "acceptable" figure? This would be bad...

2. To that end, is it relevant that it be applied retrospectively and you would only ever to be able to claim back charges in excess of £12 no matter how often they were applied by the offending bank? (E.g. you couldn't recover 3 days @ £10 per day even though it totals £30)

It certainly doesn't seem right that banks can instantly reduce their exposure on this whole business based on this new-found moral high ground :-(

Any info much appreciated!

Hi, just a quickie. My Amex Card sent a letter today saying they've reduced the fee from £25.00 to £8.00 !!!

Realising they CANNOT JUSTIFY THE CHARGES !!!!!

Parachute Deployed !!! :-D

Data Protection sent to Barclays - 04/07/06

Reply from Pete Townsend - 06/07/06

Statements received - 12/08/06 - Claiming £200

Prliminary Letter sent 27/09/06

Reply from Martin Bennett 03/10/06

LBA sent 16/10/06

Partial settlement offered 25/10/06

MCOL Claim 04/11/06

OH NatWest Credit Card - Paid in full

Hi,

I also received reduction in charges letters from MBNA and Barclaycard so far. It seems credit card companies are reacting, but not the banks.

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

Yes,

I had the exact same letter from Capital One Bank, though too little too late. Im still gonna get my money back and just cut all the cards up.

Prelim letter sent to Ulster Bank for £1734.00 on 18 September

Received offer of £150 - 30/09/06

LBA sent 02/10/06

If the price can't be justified then it will always be too much!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

So say a bank charged £24 each time for example and so over 6 years they had taken £2400 off us, does this now mean when we claim back they will half it to £1200, (because of the new £12 charge) even though they have originally had the many £24's off us over the years?

I am not sure i have explained this well, hope you all catch my drift.:-?

You need to read the OFT statement, it only applied to credit card charges, not bank charges and regardless of any figures quoted by the OFT the charges are unlawful because they are not a true estimate of the banks costs or liquidated damages.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received