Help with MBNA CCA, please. - ***WRITTEN OFF***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Laura and sorry to hear about your leg.

You can either wait until you hear further from the court and see what they say.

Or you can approach the court pro-actively and say you want your case reviewed asap with a view to costs.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Mike, Slick didn`t charge for letter writing but did charge the hourly rate you mention Mike, seen loads of scheduled costs and most were like the one I have done but it might be excessive having said that being a LIP not knowing much is difficult to get the balance right I have been to the court twice with forms mind you that was there fault.

Slick this pro-active approach what would I do if I decide to go that route?

Hello guest

Hi Laura,

Just speak to the court office and say pretty much what I said in my last post, ie you want to seek costs against the other party.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks Slick just back from Hospital had my pot changed went for a rainbow coloured one to cheer me up said this type of break can take up to 12 weeks to heal so 6 weeks in pot then see me again, thanks for your advice will ring the court today when I`ve got my breath back:)

If you're near Kent, I'll pop over and get it posted for you. ;)

:D

Aah bless you no I`m about 300 miles from you lol daughter calls each day in her lunch hour she`ll post it, I`m humbled with the help on here and the help at home, I never realised so many people would come forward to help me at home, taking me to the hospital, fetching shopping it`s such a shame I have a car stuck here no driver and been told I may be in pot up to 12 weeks as it`s a break that doesn`t heal very well

Son gone home a while to sort his own place he as said he`ll stay for as long as I need him

It`s a nice feeling having so much support:D

Thanks Dotty not seen any email facilities put in my letter my present situation to the court and that I am housebound I`m not feeling great in myself my pot feels extremely tight around the ankle I am sure this isn`t right rang my friend who is in same position she says to keep my leg elevated If I`m like this tomorrow I want to go to hospital and get the pot removed I can`t stand this strangulation feeling I can cope elsewhere on the leg and foot:)

Just wondered, do the courts have email facilities?

Ours didn't :eek:. But they would accept faxes.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Aah thanks my Dear Dotty yes ours accepts fax as recently on another data access case I am dealing with the other sides solicitors sent a fax as soon as the date was up to deal with the N1

Us poor paupers have not got fax lol:)

Hi Laura,

Just speak to the court office and say pretty much what I said in my last post, ie you want to seek costs against the other party.

Slick sent the court letter however today MBNA have wrote and offered half of the costs and want a letter of acceptance how do you deal with this at court does an official form have to be filled in to say they have offered some costs and should I respond to MBNA accepting as that is acceptable to me:)

Hi Laura,

Are you happy to accept their offer of half of your costs.

If so, a simple letter back to them is all that is required:-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your letter of xxdate and can confirm that I am willing to accept your offer of £xxx in settlement of my costs.

On receipt of your payment by cheque/credit to my account (sort code xx xx xx and account no xxxx xxxx), I will inform the court that all outstanding issues have been resolved.

Yours faithfully,

Ignoring it sounds right to me.

Ignoring it sounds right to me.

Ditto, just intimidation...... ignore it

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

Hi Dotty removed it just the usual rubbish fed up of the leg having to stay in doors as it is on fire without sun on it can you believe it first time we get good weather which I love I`m in doors with air conditioning on

Son just called to stay he gone to a barbecue, other son has bouncy castle out and paddling pool for his children, daughter in Portugal and youngest daughter gone to fetch some shopping for me and me lying down watching TV

X ray Tuesday to see how the bone is knttting apparently a Jones fracture is poor to heal due to blood supply not getting through to the bone could be in cast 8-12 weeks I`ll go mad before then

Enjoy this lovely weather:D

Hi Laura,

You could write to them again, enclosing a copy of your acceptance letter.

Tell them they should settle as agreed within 7 days or you'll contact the court to seek a formal remedy in this matter.