Have been paid wrong for the last 40 weeks and only realised today!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Need some advice, today i realised that i have been on the wrong payscale since March time. I got moved to a different job in the factory i work in and was not told that it should give me a higher rate of pay. Today i seen a workmates payslip (he showed me it) and realised there was an £8.50 per week difference so i went to my line manager who fixed the mistake but when i asked for it to be backdated he said no chance because it was for too long a period. Now my query is that they accept that i should have been paid the money but due to the timescale involved im not going to get it (i have pushed the query up to the general manager ), is there a timescale??? can the statute of limitations be cited i.e. 6 year timescale for money owed. Would like to know the legalities, if any, as if i kick up a fuss with the right information they should give in as they think we are all stupid and will try to fob us off with any excuse.

Many Thanks

Flop

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

This is a contractual matter. They owe you money, you can ask for it. If they don't pay you have recourse to small claims court.

Normal statute of limitations would apply.

Hope this helps

I am not a lawyer, so all my advice is provided on the basis that you will check them with a trained legal professional with legal insurance.:(

you can still claim upto 6 years back from date you are claiming. any pay before the last 6 years will be statued barred, but payments you should have been paid between now and the last 6 years will not be.

its the same pricinple as when you claim back bank charges as in you can only claim back charges going back 6 years from date of your claim.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.