Excessive Cancellation Admininstration Fee

Sheroo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

Having subscribed to a university course in March 2008, I paid £2000 upfront to attend 20 days at my choosing. I was advised by the lecturer that there was no time limit and I could do the course at my leisure.

Since then, in September 2009 I recieved an email advising that I had to complete the remaining 12 days by June/July 2010. Seeing this as impossible I advised I would be unable to do this and would like to cancel my course and get a refund on the remaining 12 days. The university took nearly 7/8 weeks but have now come back and advised they will charge 20% cancellation fee and repay £960.

This seems abit excessive, especially as I have not (to my recollection) signed anything agreeing to this nor recieved any paperwork citing this.

Can some kind soul please advise where I stand on this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sheroo

Good news!! I queried the admin charge and advised the University that I have never seen these t's & c's nor signed anything.

They have checked their records and admitted that these changes were made after my booking and I had never been notified hence a full refund will be issued, so no need to respond now but hopefully this may help others who get stuck with similar problems.