SCM Collections (Lloyds) lies and deceit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

advice req'd :

I spoke to SCM this morning (they collect for LLoyds TSB Loans) and tried to make a payment over the phone with my debit card. I gave them the card number etc and the person said 'the payment as been rejected im afraid' so we tried again and she said again that the payment had been rejected so i said i would try again tomorrow.

I ve just been into my bank account and they've taken the payment 4 times from my account!!!!!

it's left me with literally no money for the next 2 weeks. Gutted.

It is obvious now that the person from SCM (ie Lloyds) were lying when they said the payment had been rejected.

So they've taken 4 x my agreed payment deliberately and lied on the phone while doing it.

Im fuming about this. Should i make a formal complaint to the Bank and the Banking Ombudsmen?

Can I force them to repay the other 3 payments?

Do you bank with Lloyds?

If not call your bank and explain and get them to return the payments

NEVER, EVER speak to them on the phone - by letter only

Have you written asking for a copy of the loan areement?

How old is the debt?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I bank with RBS

The LLoyds loan is from 2006

I also have a credit card with Lloyds as well

I know SCM is a trading name under Lloyds Bank so they're not a pitbull DCA in the sense that Rockwell is but they lied to me and took 4 payments. Appalling deception

Right that's it, ive played ball with them and now its time for proper action

Is this the way forward:

Request the CCA for :

LLoyds Current AC (Overdrawn and in suspension)

LLoyds Loan

LLoyds Credit CArd

next step is what?

thanks

Quite Feasible but hard for you your self to prove, Your bank 'should' be able to assist in this, go in their in person, explain what happened.

This is taken off their website to report card fraud:

Do you suspect that you've been the victim of fraud - or have you noticed any suspicious transactions on your Royal Bank of Scotland account?

You can report this to us by telephoning 0845 300 3986 (Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 8am-6pm) or by contacting one of our branches. From outside the United Kingdom, please telephone (0044) 131 523 8383 (24 hours a day). You can reverse the charges on calls from abroad.

Your bank should be able to see exactly what times these transactions occurred, whether they were done at the time you were on the phone, or afterwards.

Tell your bank to return 3 of the 4 payments, then lodge a formal complaint with Lloyds using their complaints procedure;

Lloyds TSB - Complaints procedure

Do not EVER give your card details to Lloyds again, they had the opportunity and abused it.

Set up a standing order to pay this amount in the future with them, DO NOT set up a DD, otherwise the same thing will happen.

CCA them for the Loan & CC, and when you CCA them for the OD, they will invariably tell you it does not come under the CCA, if they do then pop back and we will give you the exact section of the Act it falls under.

Send everything to them from now on via recorded delivery, print your name at the bottom of the letters and do not sign anything.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i spoke to SCM this morning again and I explained that one of their employees had confirmed the payments i tried to make had failed but yet she still removed 4 payments from my accounts and this was essentially deception and that i was making a formal complaint to the Banking Ombudsmen and the Police (that sh*t them up) and they promised to refund the three payments they 'mistakenly' deducted. result

thanks mate

SCM record all inbound calls. Ask for the transcript of the call or threaten a DSAR.

I've just threatened exactly this to lloyds, told them I am requesting a log and transcripts of all calls to the bank - already have a dsar in with them. They rectified their mistakes quite quickly.

I recommend going into the branch and doing it infront of other customers - if you have the balls;) - they like to help when they are trying to flog crap to other customers.

With me they continued making payments from an account we had asked them to close months ago, racking up £400 worth of charges - totally unbelievable!!!

I recommend going into the branch and doing it infront of other customers - if you have the balls;)

funny enough I do, great big water melon ones that I have to push around in a wheelbarrow:eek: but thats a whole different story!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i spoke to SCM this morning again and I explained that one of their employees had confirmed the payments i tried to make had failed but yet she still removed 4 payments from my accounts and this was essentially deception and that i was making a formal complaint to the Banking Ombudsmen and the Police (that sh*t them up) and they promised to refund the three payments they 'mistakenly' deducted. result

thanks mate

Well done, another good result, have you spoken to them about setting up a standing order so that this does not 'mistakenly' happen again?