Barclaycard - right, wrong or speaking in tongues and trying to confuse?

MorganaNK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as I am aware no termination notice has been issued... and as to which Friday - they can turn up any Friday their heart desires - we won't be there!

Thank you for the advice... shall stick it on the ignore pile x

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its not been sold to RMA, they're just attempting to collect ;-)

Send them the bemused letter

And thanks to the Manchester test cases ruling t&c does not meet the requirements for a s78 request imo as they well know as Barclays were told this by the judge ;-).

S.

RMA are actually NCO europe, I've not heard them dealing with Barclays debts before, normally MBNA and AMEX use them a lot.

As to the postcard, its different, normally its a MR P GREEN or C BROWN or the such :-) they obviously ran out of colours.

It means they'll attempt to PHONE you on that day ;-)

S.

Hmmm, that means they'll get the "this number has been changed to" message - and then we will have to start blocking them all over again!:mad:

Can someone link me to the "bemused" template?

Thanks

Still needing help finding the "bemused" template... I can't find it... does that make me even more bemused?!? ;)

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

ok how about "befuddled"... I love that word ;-)

The DCA should return it to Barclays or at least put on hold while they "correspond with their client"... if they dont then demand their complaints procedure and suggest you are going to be making a complaint to the OFT for non-investigation of a valid complaint.

S.

Befuddled; hmmm, I think you may be onto something!

Barclayshark seem to be washing their hands of it. All they keep saying is "we have sent you all we need to, now go away you annoying little bug"... I am looking forward to burying them under the contents of a small rainforest!

Thanks again Shadow

Befuddled; hmmm, I think you may be onto something!

Barclayshark seem to be washing their hands of it. All they keep saying is "we have sent you all we need to, now go away you annoying little bug"... I am looking forward to burying them under the contents of a small rainforest!

Thanks again Shadow

Nay problem, I'm slightly behind you in that I've not been passed externally so far.

I think Barclays will need to update their templates pretty sharpish after the Manchester test rulings on s77/s78 responses :-)

S.

That is what actually amazes me... that none of the parties involved have looked at themselves and the paperwork they produce and have then thought "You know what, maybe we need to look at this so that we comply..." I mean, maybe I am living in cloud cuckoo land but... :confused:

There is only one thing that drives these companies... and thats the bottom line. Anything that impacts this will cause problems.

Having masses of debts that are unenforceable is not an option for these businesses as they have securitized the income stream from these debts and invested in further mortgages and loans etc.

S.

• 2 months later...

We are now being threatened with court action - that's two of them this week!

Royds/Wescot I think we will make an offer to; but this one (I shall scan the letter at work tomorrow) I want to verbally kneecap. Guess it'll be the bemused letter - is there one that mentions what they were told in the Manchester test case?

Gracias

The letter then goes on saying we will receive no more statements, interest will be reduced to 1% per month, and the PPP has been cancelled. They go on about Credit Reference agencies and all the usual jazz, and finish with the old "If you do not make this payment or phone us to reach an agreement within 7 days, a County Court Judgment may be registered against you."

but I just want to make sure that I don't make things worse for my 70 year old mum...

Hold on a second.. PPP cancelled - 70 year old mum ?? Why was there a payment protection policy on this account ?

Did your mum ask for it and surely barclayshark were aware of her age ??

You really, really want to see a copy of the original agreement and or some indication of when this PPP was added. a) to see if she ticked any boxes or b) if they just decided to add it somewhere along the line.

In fact, this could be a better reason to put this account into dispute.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This account is already in dispute because all they sent her were two photocopies of the T&C.

If I remember correctly, mum was working when this card was taken out - she worked up to early 2006 - it might even have been via the Woolwich when it was in existence.

I am thinking of doing a subject access request when I get some cash... but I need to fend off Westminster for the time being.

This is the second we are taking you to court letter that she has got this week - the other is in the LTSB/Wescot thread... as I said, I think we will have to offer a payment to Royds... but this one?!?

So it was taken out some while ago ?

Irrespective of this, there should have been no PPP attached to any loan/credit past her legal retirement date. Almost certainly an SAR would be worth obtaining.

If you could get hold of statements for the last 10 years then it could be worth making a claim for the PPP to be refunded.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Westminster needs to be told there is a dispute and that it has only just been brought to your attention that there is a more serious complaint which you will be taking up with Barclayshark in the first instance and the Financial Ombudsman if BC fail to respond satisfactorily.

Perhaps then a letter to B/shark saying that revisiting some of their letters in order to make a formal complaint to the ombudsman, you notice that they have "cancelled PPP" (you can take the correct wording from their letter and also put the date of it).

Having taken advice, you are now wondering why this PPP was actually applied to the account as to your recollection it was never requested. Perhaps if they could clarify this by providing you with a copy of the agreement that includes your request for this product. If they are unable to provide this, then perhaps they can provide some other proof that this product was requested by me.

Send a copy of the B/shark letter to Westminster.

That should set the cat among the pigeons :D

BCOBS

Thanks CitizenB, I will do the subject access soon... and I am not entirely sure when the card was taken out... but pretty sure she was in her 60's...

Do I send Westminster a "bemused" letter; and is there one that mentions the Manchester test case? I want to send them something to shut them up.

You beat me to it! Thanks

You are very welcome..

hmmmm, you say she was 60 when she took the card out.. that PPP should NOT have been sold to her:confused:

You really, really need to see paperwork in connection with the selling of that and also the policy document.

BCOBS

You are very welcome..

hmmmm, you say she was 60 when she took the card out.. that PPP should NOT have been sold to her:confused:

You really, really need to see paperwork in connection with the selling of that and also the policy document.

Agree with this... you definitely need to see the terms and conditions of the PPI as more often than not they do not cover people of a certain age.

S.

The only thing that we can get out of Barclayshark are two photocopies of the T&C... and the letters saying that they have done all that they intend to...

Will do as suggested when I get home tonight - all the info is on that PC.

Thank you for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Barclayshark have moved it on to someone else again (possibly another desk along the corridoor or one of their "legal department" but I don't have the letter to hand)... and it is the usual bovine excrement "You haven't responded to XXX's letters... we will come round and kneecap you or drag you to court... yadda yadda yadda"

Shall I ignore or send copies of the other letters to this bunch of halfwitts (despite conclusive proof that the threat monkeys cannot read anything unless it has £ and lots of 0's at the end)???

It's NCO... whose threat monkeys hail from Preston