Debt sold on

Sina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have already contacted Paylink and will do as you suggest to SAR Sainsbury. When I have confirmation of how much of the £10 is being allocated and to which creditor I will reduce the SO correspondingly.

I really appreciate the help and advice you have given.

Regards

S

I have just received the statement from Paylink and it appears I have been paying Roxburghe International £4 per month (I need to go through all the pages to see for how long). As none of my creditors was allocated more than £2 per month I don't understand how this came about.

I do appreciate the time and attention you have given me so this latest info is for feedback for you.

Regards

S

Once you have all the facts and figure regarding this come back and others will be able to advise further.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you very much. I'm going to print all the documents that have arrived and will try and work out who bought what debt. I haven't a clue where Roxburghe came in.

Regards S

I have tried to make sense of the Paylink statement but without relevant information from them it's difficult to follow the history. It appears there are now only 6 debts out of the original 10. And one company, Roxburghe, have taken over one of these 6 very recently and are receiving £4 per month while 4 are receiving £1 and 1 gets £2, making up the £10 total. On the statement it says the £4 to Roxburghe has been 'agreed' I don't know who agreed this but I certainly didn't. My original offer was all 10 were to get £1 each.

Paylink have never contacted me asking about my financial circumstances to see if I still have £10 disposable income per month. As I have a rather 'large' electricity bill after this harsh winter I need to pay a little more towards that.

I have decided to reduce my direct debit to Paylink to £6 per month then they can do the initial agreed distribution on £1 to each. I intend to carry on with this arrangement as I'm not disputing the debts and may even be in the position one day to make them all a reasonable offer in full and final settlement.

I did consider making direct debit payments individually to each without going through Paylink but I see on the statement one company does not have a bank account number or sort code. 2 of the 6 are not the original creditors.

Please an you clarify that if a debt is sold on that the original creditor no longer receives any payment from me and that it goes to the DCA?

Thanks for you r help and if there is any more information I can give you please let me know.

Regards

S

Unsecured debts are not a priority, your leccy bill however IS a priority, so you MUST ensure you keep on top of that, and in order for you to pay this, then simply pay all of your creditors £1 end of, no discussion, they can lump it.

Who is chasing what here?

Who is Roxburgh collecting for?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

I'm not sure who the DCA is at keeps phoning me as I never answer unknown calls, probably Roxburghe. I think Roxburghe is to do with a Nat West bank account. It went into the red because they cashed a cheque and charged me £38 which took me over my overdraft facility and of course the problem got compounded and I stopped using the account.

I have got a payment card for the electricity so I can pay a fixed amount twice a month as arranged and keep on top of the bill. By the end of the summer it should be virtually nil balance and I will then set up a direct debit again.

I gather you approve of my decision to reduce my Paylink standing order so each of the 6 gets £1?

Thanks

S

Yes, then they all get the same amount and one won't spit their dummy out because the other is getting more pocket money.

If they kick up a stink, then all you simply have to say is that all of your creditors are getting exactly the same amount so shut up.

The bank charges, if that is what it is, can be reclaimed, but you really need to know who is chasing what, so wait until something more credible comes through the letter box and not their pathetic phone calls. You need it in writing.

Keep a diary of events also, especially regarding their phonecalls.

I remembered it isn't Nat West (Rovburghe now possible DCA) that debt was one of the ones that was cleared, it was Nationwide credit card. It would be helpful if every time a debt was sold on we could be informed who we are supposed to be dealing with. It's a bizarre concept that these debts are passed on and we are not informed by the original debtor we will be dealing with or by their successor as the new DCA doesn't inform us of the change either.

As the debt get sold on I get a flurry of phone calls from 0800 numbers and withheld numbers but I don't answer any of these and as they don't leave a message (1571 always on) I can't be certain who makes the call. I can log all these calls but if I can't prove who is calling it may not help me stop them.

Thanks for your time and effort, I really do appreciate your advice.

S

...and this is the major complaint with the industry... well at least one of the many :)

They live in a murky world where they dont want you to be informed on who is dealing with what debt, they just want you to blindly pay them and continue until they say its all paid off and thank you goodnight.

Keep track of the 0800 numbers, in fact keep track of all the numbers as there is a site called whocallsme which you can type the number into, chances are someone has had the same people chasing them and answered and that'll provide your Who is calling, you then have to wait to see if they send you a notice of assignment to tell which debt is being chased by which company tho I'm afraid :)

S.

I will keep a log of all the calls I can. Even though I leave the answerphone on permanently when I'm not around the DCA does not leave a message so I can only find out who the last caller was with 1471.

I check the caller identity before I answer any calls when I am at home and often the caller shows as 'private' or 'number unavailable' so I can log those too but some of these calls may not be from the DCA. I have used who calls me, it is very useful and leads to me discovering forums related to the DCA.

I will continue paying the reduced figure through Paylink and will not enter into any discussions with any creditor. Maybe one day I will have a good income and can make an offer to pay off all my debts. I will ensure I keep to the negotiated schedule of payments for the electricity to keep on top of that.

Thanks and regards

S