Whatever happens Currys PLEASE HELP

m14njn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased a plasma televison in 2006 pioneer pdp4270xd for £2200 at the time (and is still being sold on the internet for £1200). the television developed a fault three weeks ago and I'm now entitled to a replacement of the same specification. The call handlers have now given me a replacement code to the value of £500.

I was outraged when I found that this was the offer they had made and went to a local store. I explained my situation to one of the managers who totally understood my situation, he explained that they were trying to fob me off with an LG television(LG 42LH3000 42" 1080p LCD TV) with some of the same specification e.e contratst and aspect ratio. But they hadn't taken in to account the engine of the pioneer TV which was far superior to the replacement they are trying to offer.

So the the manager in store rang through to chain support who then said that they weren't taking the engine in to account as it was no longer manafactured. The chain support call center was quite rude to the manager and refused to back down and saying that is all they were going to offer and if the customer wanted to complain they should write in, and refused to speak to me. The chain support refused to accept the opinion of the manager that he thought they were offering below the specification.

I am now at an ends on what to do. Do I write in?, do I try another store? or just accept it?

Please Help

:sad:

Hi m14nin :)

Welcome to the Consumer Action Group !!

I am going to move this post to the retail forum. You will get all the help you need there.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well specification wise, they do have to give you the same or better specification. The problem really is two fold, for starters I'm pretty sure the company doesn't stock pioneer TV's anymore, I haven't seen one in my store for about a year. Secondly as you've already been told, the engine in your old TV is no longer being produced.

Meaning even if they wanted to they couldn't offer you an engine that is the same or better specification than your old one, because they simply don't have any to offer. Hence why they've matched all your other specifications.

Your best bet is going to be, that you get hold of a detailed specification of the engine in your pioneer TV and find the closest matching TV that currys currently stock, and go into the store armed with those details. They can then ring mastercare and hopefully get somewhere that way.