Santander Card/Loan

biscuits42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for taking a look for me CitizenB... your help is, as always, much appreciated :)

The account was originally owned by GE Capital which was bought out only recently by Santander, but there are records in the pile they've sent from way before that. They also claim that what they've just sent me is an exact copy of what was sent in December, following my second (tracked) SAR.

There's no call log, but there is a list of 'Notes' that includes only 2 of the many phonecalls, none of the letters except the original CCA request and one where i disputed that the application form they sent was actually the correct CCA for the new account because it was for the original storecard, not the mastercard.

The notes also don't list any times of phonecalls, or any of the default notice or notice of sums in default letters. In fact there's tons of stuff missing from it. As long as I know they're in breach of something by not providing me with accurate records of all action involving my accounts I can argue it.... if they claim they don't have it I guess that's even worse as it means they're not keeping accurate records.

Also should they have sent me notice that they were going to be passing the account to Viking Collection services, rather than me just getting a letter from Viking saying "your account has been passed to us"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now for the next ridiculous installment. I wrote back to Santander stating that the details received weren't sufficient and did not fulfill my SAR request under the DPA... I clearly marked the letter with a bold large title stating it was an official complaint and was a request under the Data Protection Act. A week ago I received a letter from Viking saying that they were passing the account back to Santander so legal proceedings could commence.... Two days ago I received two letters from Santander offering a £5 per month settlement on both the Asda and Debenhams cards.... and today a letter thanking me for my request under the CCA date Feb 3rd (my complaint re SAR) and enclosing a copy of my original agreement and statement of account!! Are they joking or what??

I was ready to just get rid of them and take the £5 offer yesterday, planning to write this evening... but now they're just taking the mickey. Should I continue to argue for the £1 token payment I've offered (as my I&E sheet shows minus £4 total, so less than zero available for creditors and the others have accepted the £1) or should I just admit defeat? I'm sick of them messing around now!