roxborough

poppy09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone i hope you can help me.

this morning at work i got a phone call from daniel at roxborough he said is that (my name) i said yes and he said whats my date of birth so i told him (like an idiot!!) and he said yes you owe us £2500 i was like what!! he said for a contract mobile i got on 3 in 2004 when i lived at my old address so i said i never lived there in 2004 i only moved there in 2008 and i have sinced moved on again he said i actually got the phone out and a different address i have never lived there he said i had and they want there money. i said your not getting it because it wasnt me. i said how did you get my work number anyway and he said threw inland revenue so i said well dont ever ring me here again and he said he will ring me where he wants as he doesnt have another number for me!!. i said well its nothing to do with me..

he said i need to ring 3 and then ring him back so i rang 3 spoke to them they couldnt tell me anything because i couldnt confirm the other address so i rang dabiel at roxborough back and told him and he said he will give me the address so i said im not ringing back you do it he said no and put the phone down.

so i left it for 30 mins and rang inland revenue spoke to them asked them why they are giving my work information out to some debt collectors they said they wouldnt give any info out unless i was doing fraud etc. so i rang roxborough back asked to speak to daniel he was on dinner so spoke to another cocky one and said i want them to email me everything they have on me because i am going to the police and also on my dinner next thing the managers on the phone nice as pie saying he will email 3 and theres no need for me to go to the police he said he will ring me next week to clear it all up so i said dont ring me at work ever agin and gave him my mobile number. he then started to explain how there company works blah blah blah no intrest to me. i said i had an orange contract years ago and they tried ripping me off but i took them to court in 2005 and won and have never heard anything back he then said thats what it is then!! i said it wont be if i won will it you cant do that!!

it seems to me they havent got a clue and i still dont no where they got my work info from but as soon as i mentioned the police they were nice!

what do i do????

do you get your salary paid into a bank account / have you taken out credit recently?

I think you will find they did a credit search and found your employer.

Golden rule - dont put up with it, be as agressive as them and make them jump through your hoops

This is exactly why CAG recommends you don't speak to DCA's over the phone, EVER!

Report Roxburgh to these lot,

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct

Trading Standards Institute - Home page

Ofcom

Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Home

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

Send Roxburgh this letter, send it recorded delivery;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/52-harassment/135--harassment-by-telephone-response-letter-

And NEVER EVER speak to these clowns on the phone EVER, if they ring you at work tell them they are in breach of the protection from harassment act 1997

aswell as Malicious Communications Act 1988 (c. 27)

Telecommunications Act 1984 (c. 12) - Statute Law Database

and that you are now going to the Police to report file a complaint, then put the phone down.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

right, lets calm down and take a step back here. Write to roxy, bemused template and tag on the telephone harassement template and the doorstep template. Do it tomorrow and send it recorded delivery.

If they ring again do NOT answer their idiot security questions and tell then to put everything in writing.

They are trying to wind you uo in the hope you will pay up to get rid of them. Remember that Danny Boy is on commision.

do they think im rich they can give me crap all they want theres no way im paying all that money when its not even my debt. i will send the letter tomorrow. i have emailed all staff at my work and told them unless it is work related then do not transfer them to me

There may be a debt in existence with someone with a name similar to yours - hence it's a fishing trip - or, less likely, you have been the victim of identity theft.

They probably didn't actually have your DoB - but they do now! You could SAR them to enquire what information they hold on you and, more to the point, where they got it. They have a legal responsibility to respond to such a request, although it would cost £10.

Roxburghe are a bunch of slimey monkeys, so be careful. You may also want to check your credit file.

hi everyone just a quick update they phoned my work again on monday!!!!! are they thick!!! i told them to **** off and put the phone down. my manager then rang them and kicked off with them for blocking the phone lines when they ring and told them he was going to speak to the company solicitors to take action against them because he knows they have bought my company phone number of somebody illegally since then i have not heard anything.

thanks for all your help i will keep you posted

If only all bosses were as understanding and supportive as yours! Thats a very good effort on his behalf, and should hopefully have done the trick, tin of Roses for the boss me thinks!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

have you taken out credit recently? you may have enquired about your credit status through experian or some other credit reference agancy ..more than likely they did a fishin trip on the deed poll register

patrickq1

ps dont forget they are also called HFO CAPITAL LIMITED ,HFO SERVICES LIMITED ..

This lot all belong to a solicitor named MR TURNBULL

have you taken out credit recently? you may have enquired about your credit status through experian or some other credit reference agancy ..more than likely they did a fishin trip on the deed poll register

patrickq1

ps dont forget they are also called HFO CAPITAL LIMITED ,HFO SERVICES LIMITED ..

This lot all belong to a solicitor named MR TURNBULL

TURNBULL? He was born to it with a name like that:D