Baliff charged me £500 for parking fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, after a bit of advice, i currently live in a town where the parking officers are ticket happy, I was issued *Apperently* with a ticket,But being in town near pubs & clubs people think its funny to take your ticket off a car and pass it to another....

I then recived a letter from a baliff threating legal action, after numerous phone calls to this complete and utter idoit i ended up hanging up on him as he wouldn't listen to the simple fact that i never recived the fine in the first place..

To my Discust the next morning my car was clamped down the road where i live asking for £500.00 plus extra cost's to release this clamp, i was horrfied as i had my baby with me and i had an hospital appointment, i was in tears and he wouldnt release unless i paid cash upfront and told me to lend it off *Family*.

In the end i paid up thanks to my mum, i have tried contacting the council who orginally gave me the ticket but they say they sold it on to the baliff and theres nothing i can do?

For a parking fine of £40.00 i had to pay back £568.00 im mortified and upset.

Any way forward??

In the end i paid up thanks to my mum, i have tried contacting the council who originally gave me the ticket but they say they sold it on to the bailiff and theres nothing i can do?

wrong councils don't sell parking tickets to bailiffs

council employ bailiffs to enforce parking tickets and are fully responsible for all bailiffs actions including there charges

To my Discust the next morning my car was clamped down the road where i live asking for £500.00 plus extra cost's to release this clamp,

Di I have this right? These guys clamped your car at a later date when it was parked on the public road?

I am very much an amateur at this stuff, but this sounds very serious.

It must be illegal, even a police matter. It sounds as if the debt collectors clamped a car not becuase of where it was parked, but to force payment (with menaces) of an alledged debt

Anyone else have a more informed point of view?