Help with Scottish Car Repossession

spscot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not.

My car company is going to reposess my car, I live in Scotland. Anyway, I have a dispute, long list of faults with the car and so on.

But the point is, they say Anglia? Are coming to get the car next week, and they will likely clamp it in the middle of the night.

As I am Scotland I thought Car Clamping is illegal, or does this not apply to cases where the vehicle itself is being reposessed?

Thanks for any help.

They cannot clamp n Scotland. If they are seeking reposession, then they will take hte car on a loader - clamping it ispointless unless it would be part of their negotiation process (flawed, however).

As to your dispute about faults etc - pretty academic this late in the day, especially if they've decided to cancel the agreement with prejudice and attempt to recover hteir costs - finance houses usually do not warrant vehicles, that is up to the supplying dealer, and the complaints about this should have been made to him. I'm assuming you purchased from a Scottish garage?