Apex Credit have bought card debt from EGG

Melbel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I knew they wouldnt leave me out - ive had another letter today..

basically they are again telling me tha they have fullfilled my request for cca as the credit limit is not a requirement under the amount blah blah blah.. theyve already told me this and ive already told them it isnt just that i am querying so i wont be replying to this letter...

They also say they refute my claim that the account is in dispute and i am still liable, please call them immediately etc etc...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another letter dated 15/4

These people are frequent with theor letters!!!

Block red heading ''DEBTORS NOTICE''

then the threats of a CCJ, Warrent of Execution and attachment of earnings.

I am ignoring again.

Another letter dated 15/4

These people are frequent with theor letters!!!

Block red heading ''DEBTORS NOTICE''

then the threats of a CCJ, Warrent of Execution and attachment of earnings.

I am ignoring again.

Yes, please do...I had that letter back in February Melbel. The next for me is dated 10 days later from Rob Franklin, who identifies himself as my personal case handler.

Since all this, I did write and ask for information and received a letter saying that collection activity on my account was on hold. Am still receiving weekly-ish letters though which means that someone forgot to take my name off the automated bullshine sender!! :p

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 4 weeks later...

Rob Franklins been in touch again.... :p

He regrets i have not been in touch again...

Given my refusal to discuss over telephone etc they have decided to assess my account for suitability to be passed to the 'doorstep' collection agent who MAY visit my home etc etc..

Please call us etc etc etc... we are running out of threats :D

I'll send them that doorstep letter template and carry on ignoring...

Keep you posted...

Hi Melbel, im in same boat too.....Gone thru all the CCA requests, account on hold, we are managing your expectations, OFT, Failed to contact us and now Im on the PRE-LITIGATION letter!!!! OOH Sounds scary!!!:eek:

I have given up even replying to these morons now!!!!

Hope all goes well for all.:cool:

Hiya

Yep, they seem to get to the worst of their threats then start all over again, i must have at least two duplicates of letters from these people.. I think this is showing they dont really have a leg to stand on (or thats what i'm hoping) either way.. they wont be getting anything out me unless a judge makes me pay them.

Stick to yer guns.. ;)

Good luck

Hiya

Yep, they seem to get to the worst of their threats then start all over again, i must have at least two duplicates of letters from these people.. I think this is showing they dont really have a leg to stand on (or thats what i'm hoping) either way.. they wont be getting anything out me unless a judge makes me pay them.

Stick to yer guns.. ;)

Good luck

Hi. Your letters went through the same cycle as mine, I think the last one I had was more reasonable though, they were playing 'good cop, bad cop' I think, anyway Ignored them all and havn't heard anything for a few months now.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Had more contact from Apex.

They have again sent me my CCA with the prescribed terms highlighted. They seem to forget there are no T&Cs signed for apart from a print off from their system and i'm still querying the approved limit thing amongst other things.

I am ignoring

Ive now had the RED HEADED Letter!!!! So scary!!! NOT... When will these morons learn? I am now ignoring them, i no longer have the time, want or need to reply to them!!!

What should i expect next? A doorstep collector may call? :D

Lol yes, hacked off, you will next get the doorstep letter then another copy of your CCA if they follow the same route they have with me.. :)

Wonder when we'll get the ''we are prepared to make an F&F offer'' :rolleyes:

Total waste of paper..

Hi Melbel,

Subbing to your thread.

OH is in the situation with Apex, account in dispute etc., Apex provided a copy of the CCA with Current T&C's. (Just for starters CCA states 'Approved Limit' were as current T&C's state 'Credit Limit' mmmm ?)

Have totally ignored their letters, today got their scary Debtors Notice :eek:

Beachy

• 11 months later...

Here's an update on a golden oldie..

I have been ignoring this one for yonks and heard nothing however I have just checked my credit file and fould the following;

Egg defaulted me on 31/10/07 for £2100

Im pretty sure the notice of assignment was the same date from Egg to Apex

it was settled on the same date and shows as settled on my credit history.

Apex credit defaulted me for £1894 date 1/10/07

and credit searched me on 10/3/11

Is it me or do these dates not add up?

Also, I have been ignoring this for over a year, Is it worth me arguing the default OR shall I keep quiet and just leave it?

thanks

Just thought you'd like to know I've had 3 phone calls from this bunch of cowboys this afternoon. They got the same response every time...Foxtrot Oscar!!! It wouldn't be so bad but my husband died three weeks ago tomorrow and the funeral is tomorrow. I have warned them that I will take them to the OFT (and anyone else) if they persist. I did not say who I was. Whatever they're chasing me for must be nearing the time-barred point as they seem to be getting rather desperate. If my own personal life wasn't so horrible at the moment, I would have fun with them.

• 1 month later...

Hello All

I have one of those old Egg agreements which was sold on to Apex a couple of years ago. Nothing has really happened, I stopped my payments and and Apex tried to chase me etc etc.

I have noticed on my credit file that Egg settled the debt and Apex defaulted me on it in October 07.

Now;

• I have had no default notice.. (off either Egg or Apex)
  • The account was in dispute with Apex (due to the faulty Egg agreement )
  • I thought a Default can only be registered around 6 months after breakdown with the client (OFT guidelines)

Is it worth me writing to these people saying I do not acknowledge the debt as their is no enforcable agreement and mention they have defaulted me wrong etc

Is it worth it and do I have a case?

thanks

Mel :-D

Edited by Melbel
errors

Hi

I am a little confused. Are you saying Egg defaulted you before October 2007?

Generally what happens is that a creditor (Egg in this case) registers the default and when the debt is sold the new owner(Apex) replaces the original creditors name although the date should remain the same.

The guidelines do state that a default should be placed as soon as possible and certainly within 6 months although if it is a couple on months later, I don't think they would do anything.

Even though they haven't supplied you with an agreement, they are still allowed to mark your credit file as they can prove you had the money

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ah right, sorry silverfox.. i was a bit garbled.

Yes, you've answered my question. Basically, Apex replaced the Default that was added by Egg.. same date etc etc...

The account is in dispute due to them dodgy Egg agreements a few years back and i informed Apex of that when they took the debt on. They still argue that the debt is valid and when Egg Settled the account and sold the debt on to Apex, the default was then registered to Apex.

The default was registered its just been taken over by the new owner, also the data controller of the debt, the date however must stay the same and will disappear after 6 years.

If you didnt receive a DN then technically they'll struggle enforcing in court as they have not given you chance to rectify the breach of contract. A default on your credit file doesnt require a default notice being sent to you although the ICO guidelines state you should be warned and its the ideal time so most lenders do use the default notice. Also the default notice should have come from Egg as the original creditor.

S.