Door stop collection - what do I do??

sybtik
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ignore them.

You are wasting your time sending letters to a machine that only responds to Cheques, Postal Orders or Cash.

The chances of a home visit are small, not worth worrying about, and you have no obligation to be polite to them if they do turn up. In fact, this is your opportunity to get on your soap box and tell them to go forth and fornicate - and you should take it!!

Relish the opportunity to say your piece, while so many others suffer in silence.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Thanks and thanks

My big worry is if my mum is here she'll answer the door - she has ill health as it is and I dont want her worrying about anything else....

I'm trying to get the money together for sequestration and finally they will be off my back :)

Well, there you are!

Dannyboy660 and I obviously have a completely different way of playing this, but I suspect both are equally valid. It really is just a case of personal choice. It is like a chess game. Some players are naturally aggressive, while others play for position and look to counterattack. There is no right or wrong way.

I totally agree that there is no need to be polite or anything remotely approaching it. The idiot who disturbs you is doing so in the full knowledge that they are a pest, a nuisance and that what they are doing is totally immoral and totally unwarranted. If you annoy someone, expect them to be annoyed. One plus one equals two.

Sequestration? So, you are in Scotland? We need to bear that in mind, because some parts of the law are different up there. Best not to send them any letters quoting "English Common Law."

I can understand your concerns about your mother. That is a common problem with these threats. If she will be there and you won't be on Wednesday, just tell her not to answer the door as there have been reports of dodgy characters in the area. You don't have to say exactly what type.

There is still a good chance that this is all bluff. I hope you are in a nice rural part of Scotland where travel will be very expensive and time consuming. Durness, anyone?

SH

Dannyboy660 and I obviously have a completely different way of playing this, but I suspect both are equally valid. It really is just a case of personal choice. It is like a chess game. Some players are naturally aggressive, while others play for position and look to counterattack. There is no right or wrong way.
I do like the chess analogy.

Sequestration? So, you are in Scotland? We need to bear that in mind, because some parts of the law are different up there. Best not to send them any letters quoting "English Common Law."
Fool's mate works just as well in Alba as anywhere else, mind you so does the Dutch Defence.

truecall doesnt work on mobiles but if you google call blockers there are some free and some really cheap downloads that create white and black lists on your mobile to get the same effect

further, if you have asked them to stop pestering you on the phone and they have refused- invoice them the cost of the truecall and tell them you are deducting it from payments you are making or from the amount they allege you owe

Thanks again folks,

I wont be in when these numpties are planning on coming so I will just have to leave a note for my mum incase she's here.

Scabhunter - I am indeed in Scotland, and changed and letters accordingly, although I can quite imagine they wouldn't have even noticed they arent the brightest sparks! I do live rurally so if they want to waste their time and fuel I'll just leave them be.

Diddydicky - Thanks for that info re the blockers. It was Mercers/Calders who were really pestering me but so far *fingers crossed* I havent heard from them for a week now, its been bliss!

Well doorstop collector never turned up and unfortunately after a week of peace from original telephone harrassment letter Mercers/Calder/Barclaycard whatever the name of the day is are phoning again. They dont actually speak when they phone its just background call centre noise but I can tell from phonenumber and accent its them :mad:

Whats my next step folks? A reminder of the letter? .....I hate all this! Roll on sequestration!

Well doorstop collector never turned up and unfortunately after a week of peace from original telephone harrassment letter Mercers/Calder/Barclaycard whatever the name of the day is are phoning again. They dont actually speak when they phone its just background call centre noise but I can tell from phonenumber and accent its them :mad:

Whats my next step folks? A reminder of the letter? .....I hate all this! Roll on sequestration!

can you afford a "truecall" ? 80 quid- will solve your telephone problem permanently

Sounds pathetically silly but I like my number....lol and I tried a while ago but o2 were being awful pedantic about it - i also asked them to block the number as it was nuisance phonecalls and they said they cant! i remember it cause I've had it so long! Should I write another letter to them as a reminder or make a complaint or....what?!

This one has always worked for me - you can see when I last had to use it :)

- HARASSMENT WARNING -

WARNING: PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT 1997

WARNING: COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003. s127.

Telephone Number: ££££££

Re: Harassment by Telephone

11th December 2008

Dear Sir/Madam

Alleged Account Number £££££££

I am writing in relation to the telephone calls I have received from your organisation, which I deem to be personally harassing. I have requested that these calls stop, and for a time they did; however I have today received yet another unlawfully harassing and distressing call from ££££.

I now require the telephone number listed above to be completely removed from your systems.

I am in the view that your renewed calling puts you in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

This is a private telephone line, operated on a contract with the intention of receiving and making personal phone calls, I have not authorised any other member of my family to receive calls from your organisation using this PRIVATE TELEPHONE LINE.

By using this telephone number without my permission you are interfering with my ability to use my own private property for the duration of any call.

It is my right to require that this telephone line, which is licensed solely to myself, be kept clear for my own personal calls.

It is consequently my view that you are committing the tort of interference with contract insofar as for the duration of each call you make to me without my permission, you are interfering with my contractual right to receive and make personal calls on my private telephone line.

Continued interference with my contractual rights in this manner will result in legal action.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to the Office of Communications, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable for a substantial fine.

Be advised that all telephone calls from your company are recorded.

Kind Regards

Edited by zazen.warrior

Sounds pathetically silly but I like my number....lol and I tried a while ago but o2 were being awful pedantic about it - i also asked them to block the number as it was nuisance phonecalls and they said they cant! i remember it cause I've had it so long! Should I write another letter to them as a reminder or make a complaint or....what?!

no number is worth that hassle

This one has always worked for me - you can see when I last had to use it :)

- HARASSMENT WARNING -

WARNING: PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT 1997

WARNING: COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003. s127.

Telephone Number: ££££££

Re: Harassment by Telephone

11th December 2008

Dear Sir/Madam

Alleged Account Number £££££££

I am writing in relation to the telephone calls I have received from your organisation, which I deem to be personally harassing. I have requested that these calls stop, and for a time they did; however I have today received yet another unlawfully harassing and distressing call from ££££.

I now require the telephone number listed above to be completely removed from your systems.

I am in the view that your renewed calling puts you in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

This is a private telephone line, operated on a contract with the intention of receiving and making personal phone calls, I have not authorised any other member of my family to receive calls from your organisation using this PRIVATE TELEPHONE LINE.

By using this telephone number without my permission you are interfering with my ability to use my own private property for the duration of any call.

It is my right to require that this telephone line, which is licensed solely to myself, be kept clear for my own personal calls.

It is consequently my view that you are committing the tort of interference with contract insofar as for the duration of each call you make to me without my permission, you are interfering with my contractual right to receive and make personal calls on my private telephone line.

Continued interference with my contractual rights in this manner will result in legal action.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to the Office of Communications, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable for a substantial fine.

Be advised that all telephone calls from your company are recorded.

Kind Regards

Sorry this is off topic but could I use that letter for other purposes? Its just that I keep getting sales calls from an organisation called "The Money Club" and one other based in India both of whom have been asked several times not to call me and it drives me nuts. Again sorry to digress from the thread.

i bet the list originates from the uk

join tps

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Back again for more of your wonderful advice!!....This morning I got a lovely letter from Reliable Collections saying...'Dear Syabtik, URGENT NOTICE _ DO NOT IGNOREAll attempts to communicate with you at this address have failed. As a result we have undertaken investigations to trace your whereabouts and local sources have confirmed that you are still resident'Sooo my question is what investigations can they undertake or are they takin the p?? Cheers yet again!

we really need to know a bit of history about all these debts and did you send off the cca requests? if so to whom and when?

more info please or this info available in any of your other threads?

more info.......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Debts are:

RBS now Trident approx £10k mixture of personal loan and 2 overdrafts

Home shopping direct now Reliable Collections £1500

Barclaycard now Mercers/Calder £900

I havent cca'd anyone but RBS which I've received back and had checked and its all valid - I'm planning on sequestration when I get the money together (hopefully next month)

Dont worry these people have NO POWERS.

1. DO NOT BE TEMPTED STOP TALKING TO THEM (they will have to write to eventually)

2. Unless yo give them permission no one can come to your house.

Please read this link.Preventing Enforcement - Going Debt Free (UK)

I have written many letters threating them that if they persist I would take legal action and it usaully works.

Good luck

Hi and thanks,

TBH I cant be bothered anymore - I dont see the point in cca'ing them if I'm putting in for my own sequestration anyway, unless I'm totally missing something?? I have depression and an anxiety disorder which is just getting worse and these people and only one of my many worries