Problem with Link Finacial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all Flaminscotty here,

I am an old member of this forum.

I am still dealing with my hardship claim with HBoS!

Now I have a new problem that is really getting me down and is causing me a very great deal of distress(I cant remember how to start my own thread(?) My problem so far regards a problem with Link Finacial that claim to have "aquired...?%$£".... my debt from GE Money.

I was not able to pay my debt after my problem with Halifax and due to my employer cutting my hours, Pay Plan are helping me with my debt problem when they approched GE Money with my offer of reduced payment GE Money took what I could afford but continued to say it was not enough and started adding more and more interest despite Pay Plans best efforts.

Then from no-where I get a letter from LF who inform me thay are now in control of my debt....(?) news to me.....and that I must now pay the full amount that was in dispute via pay plan and me in the first place???????

now fast forward to my trip to CAB. (I pointed out to CAB that I had 7 days to respond and was told not to worry and they would hold on to court paperwork and deal with this...big misstake on my part!!!)

I next get a notice from Northampton County Court saying that Link are taking court action against me and are going to apply for a charging order????? now comes the nasty bit, after trying to talk to LF to find out what and why and who they are CAB contact them on the phone while I am in the office with the County Court papers asking for help: the Financial advisor from CAB is assured that the case is on hold while LF are getting information from GE Money while all this is going on more and more interest is being clocked up????

Now the bomb shell I get a court order from Northampton County Court saying that LF have won this case by default as no defence was submited???????????back to CAB to demand why no defence was submited????? CAB say that they were assured that case was on hold and like me were waiting for LF to send on the info that they had requested from GE Money so it would appear that LF have lied to me and CAB!! from what I have found out this is standard operating proceadure as far as LF are concearned! I can only guess that they did not want a CC judge to see what has been going on! I am now seeking legal advice from leagal advice line that was given to me from Northampton County Court (bulk center) Now LF have sent me a letter from a court in Whales that they are now charging me interest at 19.95% as well as persuing a charging order!!! can anyone out there help as this is having a very distressing affect on my mental and physical well being......what the hell is going on.....and why did CAB not submitt my defence with in the alloted time scale please please can any one help me????????????

Flaminscotty.....

Edited by flaminscoty

There are a few threads about Link (who are well known for their underhand tactics) so will post them up in a moment.

But you must apply to get this Judgement set aside!!

I'm sure there will be others more knowledgeable who will be along that can assist with this:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221243-link-financial-check-out.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162255-link-financial-limited.html

Edited by the main man

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Hi "The main man", flaminscoty here thanks for responding so soon!

Any advice I can get regarding this company and how they are going about their dirty work will be most helpfull as so far they have really P****d me off big time.......

Flaminscoty.......

I would like for all off us to get together and maybe get some TV program like watch dog or such to bring this to the public....

Guest blackie

God I can't believe I have found this thread, I have been searching all over for it. Link did all of the afore mentioned and more. Link ignore my letters, ignore my requests, they have played every dirty trick in the book, phoning neighbours etc. Now I have received a letter from Abbey to say they own the debt not Link. So they both want paying now. But where does this leave the CCJ, in which Link stated that I owed them to debt. FRAUD PERHAPS.

Dead right as angry cat says report the lowlife monkeys. I must admit they have left me alone for sometime now but I know it's only a matter of time before they start it up again with me in fact I'm suprised they haven't yet as I've reduced my payments (payments which I still make to GE so time will tell).

Can't log in under my previous threads as we have some problem logging in which I must admit I'm having help with from the site team, admin and web master.

SG

I have no legal training and any knowledge I possess is based on my own experiences

Previously on the forum as Diamond Girl but still having problems logging back in

Guest blackie

Thanks angry cat. Long story really, I think it was about two years ago, my father was dying at the time and and I had taken unpaid to leave to care for him. After he died everything got out of hand, then my husband was taken seriously ill with extensive pulminary embolisms, nearly lost him. So it's only now that I am beginning to sort my affairs out. I did employ a solicitor for a time, but to be honest I was £800.00 out of pocket and nothing seemed to be happening. I was doing all the work etc. Anyway I notified Link and sent them doctors letters etc when my husband was taken ill but it did not seem to stop them. Now I just want to clear my debts and get on with life, but I can not afford to pay both Abbey and Link and neither is responding to my requests.

Sounds like an equitable assignment:

Equitable assignment of a legal chose:Where a legal thing in action is equitably assigned the original creditor still owns the chose in law, holding it in trust for the assignee. Here neither the assignee nor the original creditor can sue without joining the other, as plaintiff if he consents or as defendant if he does not. The idea is that the court must have all the parties before it that are interested so that there can be a final adjudication binding them all."

However, one would not be required to pay the original Creditor and the Assignee (Link).

Sounds like someone has cocked-up!

I would suggest that the account should be returned to Abbey (Santander).

May I suggest that you phone Consumer Direct Tel: 08454 04 05 06 and request that your complaint be passed to your local Trading Standards who will need to untangle this muddle for you.

Clearly, you are not being treated fairly by either Abbey or Link Financial.

I have just emerged from a long running battle with Abbey/Link. Basically I agreed a 50% F&F short settlement of an Abbey Loan over 2 years ago through BCW (Buchanan Clark & Wells). It transpired that Abbey then handed the "outstanding" 50% to Link Financial to chase up in Oct 2007 - and they took nearly 2 years to contact me.

I have eventually got a letter of apology from Link - but only after threatening them with OFT, FOS, FSA etc. - acknowledging matters and saying they will contact the Creit Reference agencies to update things.

It therefore looks as if my Credit Rating has been adversely affected over this for the last 2 years - not too bothered since it is shot anyway with other defaults, missed payments etc. - but have I got any grounds for claiming compensation - even for the time involved in sorting thsi out?

I suppose a Link apology is as rare as a living dodo and could be sold on e-bay for a fortune?

BD

Hi all on the forum thread,

just to let you all know that as of todays date I have reported Link Financial to OFT will keep you all posted.

I am going for leagal advice with legal aid and seekiing help with leagal Advice line!(get court oder set aside)

I can not beleave that this practice is going on and nothing is being done!!

I hope that CAB can start a super complaint on my behalf will keep you all posted regards.....

flaminscoty...............

Good to hear that you have made your complaint to the OFT!

I presume that you are obtaining assistance from here:

LSC Website : Community Legal Service (CLS)

You definately need to get the judgement set aside, the fee is approx. £75:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/51-guidance-notes/620-applying-for-a-set-aside

AC

• 1 month later...

Hi there

I am going through the same thing so would like to join forces as to advice and procedures if that's ok?

I am awaiting advice from forum members to starting the set aside procedure. I have been reading as many link threads as I can and am appalled at their behaviour. We also got neighbours seeking undelivered post etc. I believe this is merely an information seeking advice - that they look to find out as much as possible about the individual for back up and assest seizing. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a whole business model set up for this to get their hands on property - probably tax efficient ...

You are dead right Bamboo. I have looked at all my documentation from Link, and once they got their CCJ they appeared very casual on arranging any repayment plans and siad to me things like:

"a forthwith judgement has recently been obtained in respect of the aforementioned account. Whilst no payment remitted will be rejected, it is our intention to secure the debt by way of a Full Charging Order"

Whilst in the meantime expediently getting their documentation to Land Registry.

I have nothing to lose, I only owe £200 on the judgement so the baliff says, which will get paid in January, even though Link claim I owe £1600, and they intend to "vigourously deny any acustaions of misleading" whereas reading all the posts especially Angry Cat's has given me enough food for though and direction to start a case against Link. Any advice though is always welcomed.