toll bridge top up card reClaiming Interes?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a question which may seem very random but am hoping someone can shed some light on this..... I am being very vague about some aspects as I would prefer to sound this one out before saying too much about it. Hope you understand and can offer some help and advice.

I have a prepaid card which allows me to pay for a service without using cash. For arguments sake, I top up the card on a monthly / six weekly basis with around £20 and use the card 3 or 4 times a week for this service. I have also paid a deposit on the card which is refundable.

Now, the question is how would I aproach the subject of claiming interest on the money I have prepaid on the card and also for the deposit held.

When I bought my first top up and card there were absolutley no terms and conditions, there does not seem to be any published either online or at the premises. Is there a loophole somewhere to claim interest and maybe create a headache for the provider of the card ?

This may seem petty for such as small amount but in the grand scheme of things it fits into a much bigger equation.

If you have to top up a certain amount on a regular basis with no regards to how much you spend then I could see how you could have an issue with this as you could end up with a large balance of credit on the card with no way to get to it but use their service.

However, as you say there are no terms and conditions then I take it you are using the service and top up the card on a regular basis to ensure you have enough money to pay for the service. If so then why would you have a right to interest? It is up to you when and how much money you put on the card.

It reads as if you are experiencing problems with this company and want to annoy them as much as possible. Don't think you can do it through this though.

Ok, yes this is a very small part of a much bigger picture and am looking at as many loopholes that this company have that need closing.

I can`t say who it is at this stage but when I can explain all everything will fit into place and I`m sure you guys will be appaled and want to find other ways to help.

so.... here`s the situation ,

You have to use this service as and when required, maybe 4 or 5 times a day or more other times once a week or less. Its not somthing that can be avoided. The service has 2 tarrifs, one for top up card holders and a cash tarrif which is almost 4 times as much. The card has an initial purchase price of £5 which is refundable, however as this is an ongoing service you are effectivly buying the card. This is where I`m looking to make a claim, albeit a very small one.

You can only top up the card in increments of 70 times the cost of the service so it is feasable that you may only need to top up once every 2 or 3 months and thus have the balance on the card. Again, if the use the service infrequently you either have to keep money on the card or pay four times the price of the service.

I am looking at the possibilities of a small claims court claim in the end , I can`t see them just saying have some free money. The bigger picture is the extorsion they are using to milk the local community for a service that has to be used.

Hope this makes a bit more sense.

Ok,

I can give the full story now, just had to clear one thing up first...

Its a toll bridge, they have just increased the fee to 40p from 20p to fund rebuilding, the group are trying to get the council to buy the bridge and remove the toll.

There is a short video here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brDhyUk7cCw