Log Book Loans Licence Revoked by OFT!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Some of us will already be aware that the Office Of Fair Trading have 'issued a determination to revoke the Traders licence"

The Determination was made on the 16th October 2009.

This means that the Office of Fair Trading have essentially revoked the licence of the Trader.

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberNine Regions Limited4286387

Licence Notes:

EvtStageOpen DateNotes6Determined To Revoke16/10/2009 6Minded To Revoke13/03/2009

Event Details:

Event TypeDate of ReceiptClosed DateStatusNotification23-Apr-2009 27-Apr-2009 CompletedRevocation17-Mar-2009 UnknownRenewal18-Dec-2006 19-Feb-2007 CompletedNotification18-Oct-2004 19-Oct-2004 CompletedNew Licence App15-Nov-2001 02-Jan-2002 Completed

However, the Trader has 28 days to Appeal this decision and the Traders licence is still in force until the Appeal process is completed.

Be minded consumers that the Appeal process can take months - so don't all take your cars out of hiding just yet......

There will be those of you who may be in the process of taking this trader to court or they may be taking you to court - whatever the position - the OFT are interested in seeing any documents that you may have..... including:

• Bills of Sale
  • Consumer Credit Agreements
  • Default Notices
  • Termination Notices
  • Arrears Letters
  • Statements of Account
  • Arrears Letters

For those of you that may have taken the court route they will be interested to see:

• Particulars of Claim by or against the Trader
  • Case Summaries
  • Synopsis of Issues
  • Counterclaims
  • Defence to any counterclaim etc etc.,

Any information you want to submit can be sent to:

[email protected]

Please make sure you put the following reference on each document to ensure it does not get 'lost':

"F.A.O: Julita Losowki/2N/17"

or for those of you who have details of another case manager within the OFT - send your information to them direct - ask them for their 'location' code so that your information gets to them safely.

Lastly: you must give the OFT written authority giving the OFT permission to use the information you send as evidence, please indicate this in your email that you send and the OFT will send you a 'authorisation' form for you to sign.

Additionally - If you are happy to give evidence in person at any future trial; then please let Julita or your case manager at the OFT know and they will ensure you are given details of the trial date well in advance - subject to space being available I'm sure....

Please act swiftly to ensure that the OFT can continue to have a full indication of what is happening for consumers on the ground as this is what empowers the OFT to take action!!!!!

Apple : )

• Haha 1

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this. I have used it as the basis for an announcement

Thank You, that is fantastic - Any which way the information can best get to the consumers the better!!!

Once again Thank You

Apple: )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hi

Hide it - then inform the OFT - they will request a copy of your BoS and write back to you to advise if it is valid or not.

If you get confirmation from the OFT that it is an invalid document - this will help you immensley.

Then get a copy of the registered docs from the HCJ (costs £5.00) details of what information you need to submit to them is on other posts I have done, but when you write to the HCJ - in your letter ask them if the documents have been correctly executed and if not, has any application been made to rectify the registration?

IF the response comes back announcing that neither of these things have ocurred - this then strengthens your case further.

I would then write to the trader and advise them that the Bill of Sale has been found by their regulatory and the HCJ to be an invalid document (if this should be found to be the case) always make sure you send a copy of any communication with the trader to the OFT and let the trader know that a copy of your findings has been sent to the OFT (always good practice to let them know that the OFT are informed of their activities)

IF any licensed 'bailiffs' come to your home - ask them for thier Credit Licence details - and note this - advise them that you will be informing the OFT that they have attended your property to possess a vehicle under a BoS that is unenforceable and if they persist you will be requesting that the OFT consider revocation of their licence and inform them that the OFT has already determined to revoke the licence of the trader they are 'working' on behalf. (they may make out that they are not aware of any such thing - let them know - that YOU are letting them know)

No matter what they say - no matter what the 'bailiff' does - (so long as your car is in hiding this is) at this stage - ask them to leave your premises and thank them for their information and let them know the matter WILL DEFINATELY be reported to the OFT.

When your report them - send them a copy of your letter to the OFT - so they know they have been reported.

If every consumer does this - there will be very few licenced 'bailiffs' who will want to act on behalf of LBL's

Anglian Uk are another kettle of fish altogether - as they are unlicensed as far as I am aware - with these - simply call the police - report them to crimestoppers, the SIA and the OFT - again if enough consumers do this - the Police and the SIA will have to take notice and take action.

If you are visited by Anglian - Call the police immediately citing a breach of the peace and trespass - When the police come - and Anglian show the police the phoney BoS - you will have ready the ammunition you need - a copy of the OFT's determination and any authoritive proof that you have had from the OFT and the HCJ - give copies to the police - and explain, that the 'bailiff' is not registered to collect debt and the document they are showing has been found by high authority to be invalid and as such they have no right to be on your premises and you would like to exercise your civil right to report them for trespass and acting in such a manner as to incite a breach of the peace. (Trooper68 will this be enough to get a crime number?)

Gosh - apologies for the length of this - my brain is on overload again - but I hope this is of use for you : )

Don't give in - you have rights - use them to your best effect : )

Hi

Hide it - then inform the OFT - they will request a copy of your BoS and write back to you to advise if it is valid or not.

If you get confirmation from the OFT that it is an invalid document - this will help you immensley.

Then get a copy of the registered docs from the HCJ (costs £5.00) details of what information you need to submit to them is on other posts I have done, but when you write to the HCJ - in your letter ask them if the documents have been correctly executed and if not, has any application been made to rectify the registration?

IF the response comes back announcing that neither of these things have ocurred - this then strengthens your case further.

I would then write to the trader and advise them that the Bill of Sale has been found by their regulatory and the HCJ to be an invalid document (if this should be found to be the case) always make sure you send a copy of any communication with the trader to the OFT and let the trader know that a copy of your findings has been sent to the OFT (always good practice to let them know that the OFT are informed of their activities)

IF any licensed 'bailiffs' come to your home - ask them for thier Credit Licence details - and note this - advise them that you will be informing the OFT that they have attended your property to possess a vehicle under a BoS that is unenforceable and if they persist you will be requesting that the OFT consider revocation of their licence and inform them that the OFT has already determined to revoke the licence of the trader they are 'working' on behalf. (they may make out that they are not aware of any such thing - let them know - that YOU are letting them know)

No matter what they say - no matter what the 'bailiff' does - (so long as your car is in hiding this is) at this stage - ask them to leave your premises and thank them for their information and let them know the matter WILL DEFINATELY be reported to the OFT.

When your report them - send them a copy of your letter to the OFT - so they know they have been reported.

If every consumer does this - there will be very few licenced 'bailiffs' who will want to act on behalf of LBL's

Anglian Uk are another kettle of fish altogether - as they are unlicensed as far as I am aware - with these - simply call the police - report them to crimestoppers, the SIA and the OFT - again if enough consumers do this - the Police and the SIA will have to take notice and take action.

If you are visited by Anglian - Call the police immediately citing a breach of the peace and trespass - When the police come - and Anglian show the police the phoney BoS - you will have ready the ammunition you need - a copy of the OFT's determination and any authoritive proof that you have had from the OFT and the HCJ - give copies to the police - and explain, that the 'bailiff' is not registered to collect debt and the document they are showing has been found by high authority to be invalid and as such they have no right to be on your premises and you would like to exercise your civil right to report them for trespass and acting in such a manner as to incite a breach of the peace. (Trooper68 will this be enough to get a crime number?)

Gosh - apologies for the length of this - my brain is on overload again - but I hope this is of use for you : )

Don't give in - you have rights - use them to your best effect : )

Thanks for your reply i am going to do exactly what you have said they wont find the car it is hidden somewhere miles away from the house! I'm not even going to use the car again jus not letting them win this battle :) Thanks again for your reply

I've just seen your thread....

my inbox is open : )

Apple

Hi All

If Julita's email address is no longer available (she must have been inundated) then I suggest submitting your info to the main enquiries email address at:

[email protected]

Don't give up - they are there to help Consumers.

Apple : )

Do I presume people who are having problems with Log Book Loans, is because they have stopped paying them?

If you enter into a loan and you cant afford the repayments, why did you do it in the first place?

Thats called deception.

Yes the APR is high, but if you enter into a loan, you know the weekly payments, if you thought it was too high, why do it?

If they are wanting your car, its probally because you stopped paying them. If you agree to pay them every week, you pay them every week.

I know this may upset the "applecart" of general feelings, but ignorance is not a valid excuse.

Jim.

Do I presume people who are having problems with Log Book Loans, is because they have stopped paying them?

If you enter into a loan and you cant afford the repayments, why did you do it in the first place?

Thats called deception.

Yes the APR is high, but if you enter into a loan, you know the weekly payments, if you thought it was too high, why do it?

If they are wanting your car, its probally because you stopped paying them. If you agree to pay them every week, you pay them every week.

I know this may upset the "applecart" of general feelings, but ignorance is not a valid excuse.

Jim.

Well Jim,

I dont have a loan with LBL. I brought a car which LBL said was free from finance only to take my car 5 months later at 6:45am in morning witout warning!!

So clearly you have not entered a loan or dealt with LBL in anyway.

Out of curiosity Jim… what makes you take interest in this forum?

Thats called deception.

Jim.

Hi Jim

You have made a valid points, but I do suggest that you read the forums before making blanket statements, the company you refer to act underhanded in thier methods, the post show that these people walk over innocent peoples rights under the delution that they are correct. They are not, on any grounds at all, be it the law or moral. They are the lowest denominater, sluggs if you will.

So before you go on forums and make statements look at the forums and read the posts. If you work for the said company, may i suggest you keep logging posts, this will only keep you amused for hours and stop you from your job, thus stopping you from speading more misery from claiming you own something thats not really yours.

nice try

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Agreed Jon

I simply take offence at the use of the word "Applecart"....ha ha

Hope it's nothing to do with anything I may have said :lol:

Apple (for short)

Troll patrol ;) Did'nt fix it for me :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I’ve raised this before and been shot down but..

People who have LBL’s and other such products who are in a position of non payment should be put in 2 categories. Firstly ,those who were mis sold a loan, didn’t have it explained correctly, have been unable to reach a negotiated agreement once in trouble and those who are being mis treated by these companies and are genuine victims.[/font]

The other is people who took out a loan, knowing it was secured on the car, they now realise they shouldn’t have done it

Mr Fix it has simplified the issue in many ways and is a little naive, but is correct in others and that doesn’t mean he works for the dark side, it’s just a legitimate question[/font]

Edited by boocoo

No one to my knowledge comes on here before defaulting, just trying to avoid payment. Its not them who are the problem but the unreasonable responses of LBL & their agents when they do default such as demanding immediate payment in full or sums that the debtor has no hope of raising within the time demanded

& had you read ALL of the LBL threads you would have realized it & if you think we encourage members to NOT pay we don't .......... unless the creditor is treating them badly

Totally agree JonCris, you answer is well put and legitmate, it just doesnt help when this isnt the first answer someone with what I feel is a legitimate question ie "why take out a loan if you cant pay it back?" which IS a legtimate question gets. Instead of this polite and constructive reply, they get set on, which compounds the person who posed the questions view as they didnt get an answer they got abuse

The debt collectors 'assume' ALL debtors are won't pays as opposed to can't pays which is what they are. There are very very few who avoid just for the sake of it as while you might have more money in your pocket as a result your life will be c*** because your credit status will be shot & you'll be denied all kind of facilities. ............. There are even plans afoot to stop people travelling through both local & national ports if they have debts on which they have defaulted. They intend to register CCJ's against your DVLA details It's already happened in Manchester where the police were stopping motorists on the bases they had outstanding parking charges which are civil debts ............. now how did that happen how did their ANPR camera identify these motorists as not having paid a parking charge ........ since when was it a criminal offence to NOT pay a parking charge ............ & when did it become OK for the police to detain the motorist until the debt collector arrives who will then demand payment

Edited by JonCris

I’ve raised this before and been shot down but..

People who have LBL’s and other such products who are in a position of non payment should be put in 2 categories. Firstly ,those who were mis sold a loan, didn’t have it explained correctly, have been unable to reach a negotiated agreement once in trouble and those who are being mis treated by these companies and are genuine victims.[/font]

The other is people who took out a loan, knowing it was secured on the car, knowing that like any secured loan, be it a mortgage or a car, the asset is at risk if you don’t pay and most importantly knowing the payments and what they would be paid back regardless of the high apr, but will do anything to get out of paying because they now realise they shouldn’t have done it

This site should be about helping the first, but to pretend that there aren’t any in the second category who are just latching on to get out of paying back money that was lent to them but now take the view of “if I can get out f it I will” is naive and gives many people who are doing good on this site an image of helping spongers not just the needy.

Mr Fix it has simplified the issue in many ways and is a little naive, but is correct in others and that doesn’t mean he works for the dark side, it’s just a legitimate question[/font]

Hi Boocoo

I agree, there are people that do take loans and try to avoid paying them, there are people that take loans and get fleeced. In this thread, the LBL "victims" are to many, I have never had a BoS loan as with a couple of people on here we are victims, we have purchased cars with BoS on them or after we bought them. The only thing the F*ckwits want is the car, me and my partner are victims, plain simple, victims. I have had no dealings with LbL before the car was taken, but i'm gonna do anything to bring down there house of cards, anything. So if I can help people on a forum, research, or petition then I will.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Can I also say; it is a very rare breed that would take a loan with no intention of repaying the loan.

It has to be assumed that those that turn to the CAG for information, guidance, direction etc - do so, of there own accord.

Thankfully, it is very rare that anyone who turns to the CAG is very rarely disappointed.

The facts are openly debated and opinions are freely given.

The moral question is not 'if you could not pay - why did you take the loan'?..... but more, I would have thought, a question as to: - why do these companies enter a known market where the success rate of retrieving your monies is very low? and then seek to contravene the individuals civil rights in seeking redress???

It can't work - it mustn't be allowed to work and should never be tolerated!!!

Thank Goodness for CAG : )

A whole host of great answers, that hopefully will change J Fix its mind. I have a friend who is the same situation with LBL. He lost his job, struggling to pay and the company are placing ridiculous charges on the account that means it’s now spiraling out of control and it will no doubt end in repossession. While they did appear to show a degree of sympathy and accept reduced payments, their patience wore thin quickly and its now not looking good. None of this was explained in full at the time of signing.

I have another friend who knows him loosely and takes the view, you borrowed the money, they haven’t changed the goalposts so if you can’t pay what do you expect. It’s a business not a charity and you knew that when you took the loan out. While this view is harsh it’s also a legitimate one many people have who aren’t connected with lending be it subprime or high street, it’s just their view and they are entitled to it.

This recent string of replies to me explains and justifies what this site does and is trying to do for the many victims, very well. Implying that Fix it is the son of the devil and must work for LBL, simply because he asks "why borrow and think you can get away not paying back?" doesn’t

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks