Underpaid for 9 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently a colleague of mine got into a contract dispute with our employers. As a result, it was discovered that our team (shift workers) was being underpaid by 4.5 hours per week. We were advised by our employer to raise a ‘grievance’ with the company to claim the hours back.

Mine is the last claim to be dealt with; I have claimed for the 9 years I have been with the company. I have been offered the equivalent of just 12 months backpay.

They claim that due to ‘customs and practice’? employment law that I am not entitled to claim anything and the offer is made as a gesture of good will.

I plan of contacting ACAS for advise this afternoon, in the mean time does this sound reasonable?

D

Nope, a contarct is a contract; your contract will state what your duties are and what renumeration you will receive, hours worked and at what rate of pay. this should be updated as necessary if circumstances change. so they must pay you for what you have worked. if they dont you can take them to an ET or court. Have you got union represenatation. ACAS is a good call.

Well. I have been advised, by union rep and ACAS to accept the offer.

Due to CUSTOM AND PRACTICE law. Apperently they only have to offer me 3 months because I have worked the shift pattern for longer than 5 years.

not happy.

D