Power2Contact / Credit Solutions response to CAG's "Doorstep Visit" letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I have a debt with Capital One, who have passed it to Credit Solutions Limited, who have passed it to Power2Contact (same address as Credit Solutions) who have threatened a home visit.

I sent Power2Contact the "LETTER USED WHEN A DCA THREATENS A DOORSTEP VISIT" letter, and thought I would share the response (which actually came from Credit Solutions) with forum members, and also ask if anyone has any suggestions on how to best respond.

Here goes:

Dear XXX

Re: Capital One Bank (Europe) PLC 0000111122223333

Thank you for your letter dated 7th October 2009 which has been passed to me for response.

Credit Solutions Ltd offers a door step collection service whereby field agents visit a property to discuss repayment of an outstanding amount. This is simply another option available to our customers to assist them in repaying their debts. In relation to field visits in subsection 2.12 of Office of Fair Tradings' (sic) guidelines doorstep visits must give adequate notice of the time and date of visit. The Armstrong v Sheppard (1959) case you quoted is dependant (sic) on each individual circumstance and only (sic) such order to refuse access can come from a Court and not from the individual.

Accordingly there is an outstanding balance on your account of £xxxx.xx, please contact our Collections Department on 02087634512 with your repayment proposal by 18th July (sic) 2009.

Yours sincerely,

Louise Edwards

Complaints Officer

It strikes me as utter tosh, but I'd like a better way of phrasing that to them!

A picked up on a few things, though:

• I am not Power2Contact's "customer" - surely their customer is Credit Solutions or Capital One
  • I love the way they described it as "assisting" their "customers" to repay their debts. Harrassing, definitely. Assisting: not.
  • The "adequate notice" I was provided with consisted of a letter (from Power2Contact) which stated that they'd been instructed by their client to "VISIT YOUR ADDRESS TO COLLECT THE ABOVE DEBT" (scare tactic capitals and wording), specifying that "visits take place within the following hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 12 noon". And that is "adequate" notice?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated on how best to repond to their letter. I already understand from the kind contributions of other forum members that they have absolutely no rights whatsoever, but what I'm trying to achieve is not having them turn up at all, as who wants that to happen when your friends or family are around?

Many thanks!

Send the doorstep letter to their Complaints Department together with the reply they sent you and write at the "Cc The Office of Fair Trading Licence Fitness Department." Send a copy of their letter and the complaint to:

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX.

If anyone does come to the door, just close it quietly over and tell them they have 30 seconds to get off your property or you will call the police to arrest them for trespassing. Feel free to use as many relevant expletives as you want.:grin:

Try this

Dear Moron

For your information I can withold the right to visit to any person or person I see fit, the only people who are allowed to visit without a prior arrangment are the Postman and people asking directions.

Now if your Local representative actually moonlights as a postman then if he come with a letter from you saying that you hae passed this alledged debt back to the OC then he can visit to deliver the letter.

If he visits claiming he is lost then I will give him directions to the local police station so he can hand himself in for trespassing.

If you do not understand these conditons then please pass this letter to someone within your company who does.

Try

Dear Looby

No need to thank me for the letter dated 7th October, I can assure you the pleasure was all mine.

You state that Credit Solutions offer a door step collection and I feel it only fair mention that as an alternative I offer a door step caller refusal service. No calls at my door will be answered period.

In regards to the 'assistance' you say you offer to your customers, please be reminded that I am not your customer but refer you to the correct customer namely Capital One whom I feel sure would be more than willing to accept your call at their premises.

Thank you for reminding me of the balance outstanding on my account, please find enclosed a postal order for the sum of £1 and a request for sight of a valid CCA, once/if produced I will be more than happy to speak with the Original creditor.

I have not signed this 'sincerely' as simply put I am most insincere when wishing you a good and profitable day.

I promise to not waste your time further and from this point on all further correspondence from you must first be accompanied by the relevant CCA.

We look forward to not hearing from you for some time.

Signed

Fighthefuture A member of the TNP (Take no Prisoners)

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Try

Dear Looby

No need to thank me for the letter dated 7th October, I can assure you the pleasure was all mine.

You state that Credit Solutions offer a door step collection and I feel it only fair mention that as an alternative I offer a door step caller refusal service. No calls at my door will be answered period.

In regards to the 'assistance' you say you offer to your customers, please be reminded that I am not your customer but refer you to the correct customer namely Capital One whom I feel sure would be more than willing to accept your call at their premises.

Thank you for reminding me of the balance outstanding on my account, please find enclosed a postal order for the sum of £1 and a request for sight of a valid CCA, once/if produced I will be more than happy to speak with the Original creditor.

I have not signed this 'sincerely' as simply put I am most insincere when wishing you a good and profitable day.

I promise to not waste your time further and from this point on all further correspondence from you must first be accompanied by the relevant CCA.

We look forward to not hearing from you for some time.

Signed

Fighthefuture A member of the TNP (Take no Prisoners)

Excellent letter :D

• 2 weeks later...

The OFT Guidelines also state . .

Debt Collection Visits

2.12 Examples of unfair practices

d. Entering a property uninvited

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=