anyone heard of wes midlands debt collections ltd

miahelen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

recievied a letter from this company about my creation financial services card when I fell behind with my payments it was taken over by clarity and when I emailed a new agreement to them the other day they replied on the same day I recieved a letter from this company any one haerd of them

recievied a letter from this company about my creation financial services card when I fell behind with my payments it was taken over by clarity and when I emailed a new agreement to them the other day they replied on the same day I recieved a letter from this company any one haerd of them

I think you will find they are part of Eversheds, they use the same address anyway

Name & Registered Office:

WEST MIDLANDS DEBT COLLECTIONS LIMITED

70 GREAT BRIDGEWATER STREET

MANCHESTER

M1 5ES

Company No. 01393333

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 10/10/1978

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 27/06/2009

Next Return Due: 25/07/2010 Highlighted documents are not yet available for inspection

Last Members List: 27/06/2009

Previous Names:

Date of change

Previous Name 22/01/1985 QUIXSTAR LIMITED - 06/09/1990 HORNES EXECUTIVE CLUB LIMITED

UK Establishment Details There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

Edited by alfwithhair

hi recievied another letter from them today saying they were going to pay me a visit so I phoned the no 0871 376 9249 and spoke to a bloke called andy who said they had bought the debt off clarity on the 13 th oct and they wanted full bal of 774.56 i told them I had a arrangement with clarity for 10.00 per week could I continue it he said they only could collect the debt for 6 months so no I explained that I could only pay 50.00 per month and he told me to do this I NEED to pay 74.56 on mon should I send them a cca letter

Firsty stop ringing them.

Secondly, do not pay them anything

Thirdly, send them a 'prove it letter' (number 18) from here

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

More than likely the have no paperwork for the aledged debt.

Were you informed by Clarity that the debt was was or had been sold.

I woudn't worry unduly about these idiots. Send you letter by recorded delivery and do not sign your name and the letter, just print it.

If and when they responde to your letter, come back on here and we will advise further

no was not informed by clarity infact emailed clarity on the 18 th oct with new payment details and recivied an email back confirming so was confused will send the prove it letter and let you know thanks alot

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Miahelen, and all who have recently received the letter and comp slips regarding doorstepping and threatening letters/telephone calls from WMD.

I agree that the less you do, the better. A series of events similar to this occurred last year to a colleague of mine, she had no debt history and a healthy(ish) Expedia report. This company hailed from Scotland and became such a problem she changed her mobile number as that was all they had as a method of communication.

My experience has been incorrect addresses but correct post codes and giving information of telephone numbers they have used to get hold of me from an address I lived in over 10 years ago.

Just as a footnote, the address of Admail 4117 M4 2ZZ is a residential block of low-rise flats in a questionable area of Manchester not a place of business one would expect to see a Debt Collection Company. The Gt Bridgewater Street address is an office building occupied by a number of businesses, none of which have ever heard of WMD (I asked the concierge).

These companies need to be removed from our landscape, they serve no other purpose than to add fear to people who are having problems, yet another issue being ignored by banks, finance companies and the government.

DO NOT CALL THEM, JUST THEM THE 'PROVE IT LETTER' WITH NO RETURN ADDRESS.

I have had a letter from them demanding £111. I dont have any outstanding debt that i know of and it doesnt say what it is for. :???:

I tried looking at the prove it letter from the link but all i got was loads of legal stuff I dont understand ( i am not thick I have trouble reading) they have also sent a card saying they are sending someone to my door - what for? I have had no phone calls - itsays they have tried to call me, I have never heard of this company and I get a letter demanding money and a card saying they are coming round on the same day. :-x

My partner is going nuts claiming I am keeping stuff from him, and I'm not. At this rate they will have to pay the legal fees for when we split up. :x

I am happy to pay someone if I owe them but not a random company threatening to send someone round. :(

Silent Bob,

Please assure your partner (or get him to read this), that these companies are a crooked as the day is long.

1. have they got the arrangement of your address correct as you and your bank etc would have it? In my experience, they never get it right. Does this sound like a company governed and represented by FSA etc?

2. They always ask their 'victims' for smaller amounts, with me it was £132.72, big enough to hurt, but not so huge as to bring on thoughts of legal advise or bankruptcy (this type of action has lead people to pursuing this extreme decision)

3. They are praying on people who had a debt at some point in their adult life, mine was via a third party - a company I had settled a aged debt with 10 years ago had sold (questionably) my information with many other peoples' information to these organisations.

4. Store all information and get in touch with the relevant authoritative bodies as they are constantly building a framework of bullying tactics etc on these companies.

5. Do not be threatened by these comp slips - they have no legal right to enter your property. Just give them nothing, that includes up to date information on you or your loved ones.

Sleep well and forget about it, it will not effect your credit rating, I and my friends are proof of that.

Lamb Chop

• 2 months later...

I have been paying my credit card account off with clarity since october 2008 and it was going ok until december 2008 when i recieved a letter and a telephone call off west midlands debt collection ltd, saying that they have taken over my account and to stop all payments to clarity. So i rang clarity to see if this was ture and they told me that they stay have my account and always have coz i am make payment so they have no reason to pass my account on. now this is still an on going thing and clarity still has my account but now i am recieving letters off west midland stating that they are taking further action if i do not make full payment to them in the next 7 days, Since december when this first happened i have recieved threatrening letters and telephones near everyday. :(

Clarity are sending me a letter with my agreement and stating that they still are the main holders of my account but what should i do and where is the proof it letter..

thank you

Leanne21,

If you are happy with the situation you have with your credit card company and the repayments and the same can be said for them, then do nothing with the West Midlands Debt Collection. If you have made contact with them, I would suggest having the number barred on your land line. They stop calling after a while if you threaten them with BT investigation dept etc (I am lead to believe). This is threatening behaviour, therefore you must involve relevant Ombudsman and Trades protection organisations - seek free advice from Citizens Advice online. Keep a diary of events and all postal correspondence. Never admit anything, including your name or details with WMDC. They are acquiring this information from many salubrious and questionable sources. Use the letter of authentication from Clarity as a support with Citizen Advice and other governing authorities.

Good luck

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've had a letter from these clowns about an old Creation debt.

...do I reply to the 'Admail 4117, Manchester' address, or the 'Registered office: 70 Bridgewater st, Manchester' address?

Well, I sent it to the Admail address, and it's been delivered today (after 6 days) to an address in Solihull??

• 8 months later...
Well, I sent it to the Admail address, and it's been delivered today (after 6 days) to an address in Solihull??

Hi all - just to let you know, this "company" are still alive and kicking some 2 years or so afer these posts. They are definitely used by Creation still and I have reported both companies to the Financial Ombudsman today.I had a storecard with Creation and they continually added unfair charges and interest to it. I begged them to send it out to an outside collection agency but they refused. I offered them £500 in full and final settlement (the credit limit on my storecard, so Ihad certainly not spent more than that and had made regular interest repayments until the dispute commenced) but they refused - oddly enough, on unheaded paper. The resultant stand off saw the debt spiral to well over £1000 until the Ombudsman became involved. At that point, despite accepting my offer of £500, Creation saw fit to send the debt out to this outfit - West Midlands Debt. They then denied receiving cheques and so on, then tried to cash them after advising me to stop them, and became progressively more unpleasant and threatening - they would ring up saying "Confirm your date of birth and post code" - never a please or thank you.Things came to a head on Saturday - a woman called me on Saturday morning, I advised my offer had been accepted by Creation with an end date for payment and Creation had told me they were no longer using West Midlands. That employee then rang me back around 40 times. I made the mistake of calling the mobile number I found out on 1471 from my mobile - thus giving her my mobile number too!She then called my daughter 15 - 20 times while I was driving. She refused to give her name and said she was sending "people" round to my house at 6am the following day, Sunday.BT and 02 both advised me to call the police.Bullies like these who threaten people are not real debt collectors - so just report them to your local trading standards, the Financial Ombudsman, the police and anyone else you can think of. The sooner they are put out of business, the better. And the sooner big companies like Creation start dealing with their own debt and stop using outfits like this, the better too!

I have a feeling this lot are associated with Eversheds '' solicitors''

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Company Profile Report (CPR)

Commercial Debt Management

Company Name: WEST MIDLANDS DEBT COLLECTIONS LIMITED

Previous Name(s): NO PREVIOUS NAME HAS BEEN RECORDED DURING THE LAST 20 YEARS

Registered Number: 01393333

Registered Office: 70 GREAT BRIDGEWATER STREET

MANCHESTER

M1 5ES

Incorporation Date: 10/10/1978

Country Of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2010

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2012

Last Annual Return: 27/06/2010

Next Annual Return Due: 25/07/2011

Company Status: Active

Type of Accounts: TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL Accounts

Nature Of Business: 7487 - Other business activities

Filing History

08/06/2011 31/12/10 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

14/10/2010 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / MR JEAN PIERRE CHARLES / 01/10/2010

06/10/2010 31/12/09 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

26/08/2010 27/06/10 FULL LIST

26/08/10 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 100

25/08/2010 REGISTER(S) MOVED TO SAIL ADDRESS

114-REG MEM

162-REG DIR

228-DIR SERV CONT

237-DIR INDEM

275-REG SEC

358-REC OF RES ETC

743-REG DEB

24/08/2010 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / GORDON RENNISON / 27/06/2010

24/08/2010 SAIL ADDRESS CREATED

25/10/2009 31/12/08 TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL

01/07/2009 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/09; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

01/07/2009 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / STEPHEN HUNT / 01/07/2009

01/07/2009 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / JEAN CHARLES / 01/07/2009

05/08/2008 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/07

22/07/2008 DIRECTOR APPOINTED STAVROS MAKARITIS

22/07/2008 DIRECTOR APPOINTED GORDON RENNISON

15/07/2008 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / JEAN CHARLES / 30/05/2008

01/07/2008 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/08; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

01/07/2008 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 01/07/08 FROM:

GISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 01/07/2008 FROM, CHADWICK HOUSE, BLENHEIM COURT, SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDS, B91 2AA

01/07/2008 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / JEAN CHARLES / 23/06/2008

22/05/2008 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED SECRETARY ROBERT HOLMES

31/07/2007 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/07; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

02/02/2007 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/06

14/12/2006 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/05

07/08/2006 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/06; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

07/08/2006 DIRECTOR RESIGNED

08/11/2005 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/04

28/07/2005 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

28/07/2005 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED

28/07/2005 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/05; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

28/07/2005 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED

28/07/2005 SECRETARY RESIGNED;DIRECTOR RESIGNED

25/08/2004 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/04; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

14/10/2003 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/03; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

LOCATION OF REGISTER OF MEMBERS ADDRESS CHANGED

13/05/2003 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 13/05/03 FROM:

H FLOOR, RADCLIFFE HOUSE BLENHEIM HOUSE, BLENHEIM COURT SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDS B91 2AA

12/05/2003 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/02

04/07/2002 RETURN MADE UP TO 27/06/02; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

04/07/2002 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

04/07/2002 DIRECTOR RESIGNED

04/07/2002 SECRETARY'S PARTICULARS CHANGED;DIRECTOR'S PARTICULARS CHANGED

08/05/2002 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/01

11/07/2001 RETURN MADE UP TO 05/07/01; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

DIRECTOR'S PARTICULARS CHANGED

02/07/2001 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/00

13/11/2000 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/99

20/07/2000 RETURN MADE UP TO 05/07/00; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

LOCATION OF REGISTER OF MEMBERS ADDRESS CHANGED

06/10/1999 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/01/99

06/08/1999 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED

05/08/1999 RETURN MADE UP TO 05/07/99; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

SECRETARY RESIGNED

11/03/1999 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

10/03/1999 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED

10/03/1999 ACC. REF. DATE SHORTENED FROM 31/01/00 TO 31/12/99

10/03/1999 DIRECTOR RESIGNED

10/03/1999 SECRETARY RESIGNED;DIRECTOR RESIGNED

12/01/1999 DECLARATION OF SATISFACTION OF MORTGAGE/CHARGE

28/09/1998 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/01/98

14/08/1998 RETURN MADE UP TO 05/07/98; NO CHANGE OF MEMBERS

11/12/1997 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/01/97

30/10/1997 RETURN MADE UP TO 05/07/97; NO CHANGE OF MEMBERS

DIRECTOR'S PARTICULARS CHANGED

06/10/1996 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/01/96

Mortgage Data

NONE

There is a link to Eversheds but I can't find it, it goes through Eversheds Sports club and an address

at Eversheds House.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi cerbs I can see your reply in my inbox but not on the thread, that,s the address ok.

• 2 months later...

How is WMD West Midlands Debt Collection and what is there relationship with Evershed?

Well I'm going to lift the lid on this one, but before I start I would like to ass this statements just in-case any of the above wish to make a complaint and have this post removed.

Everthing in this post is true, remember the guy that was lost in your telephone network Evershed (05/09/11 at 09:00) and Creations (05/09/11 at 09.25) that guy was me and both of you seemed happy to answer a few indirect questions) also I had all my post tracked.

First things first, DO NOT SEND ANY LETTERS TO:

West Midlands Debt Collection Ltd

Admail 4117

Manchester

M4 2ZZ

or

West Midlands Debt Collection Ltd

70 Great Bridgewater Street

Manchester

M1 5ES

If you get a letter from WMD there are hints to who and where they are first thing look at the payment slip at the bottom of your letter.

It's an old Alliance and Leicester payment slip, yes this will still work, but Alliance and Leicester is now Santander, also the name on the slip Creations Consumer Finance Ltd.

And again on the reverse of the letter it prompts you to use the Creations website and is branded Creations. (BIG HINT).

A debt collector will usually collect for themselves stating there own payment terms and the payment slip will usually will be made out to them.

Who is Creation?

Creation is Premium First, as well as a host of Finance and credit cards.

Creation

Chadwick House

Blenheim Court

Solihull

B91 2AA

So who is WMD (West Midland Debt Collection Ltd)?

WMD is Creation answer to dealing with difficult cases, if you challenge them on a debt, or have a debt greater than £1000.

If you enter this category you will most certainly receive some very threatening letter, most of which are completely illegal, and not typical of a normal debt collection letter.

So how can they send such letters and get away with it?

Welcome to Evershed, a Solicitor firm that deals with consumer debt.

Please remember I have my letter tracked, Evershed will intercept your letters and forward them to either St Leonards on Sea (Yes Mr E Michel I have your name and number) or Aldershot if your letter is something that they don't want, IT WILL NOT ARRIVE, AT IT'S FINAL DESTINATION, so there is no point sending your letters to either of the Manchester address's.

The above method isn't illegal but the office of Fair Trading would see that as breaking all the rules.

They use this method to remove your consumer rights...

send all communications registered delivery to:

Creation

Dept: West Midlands Debt Collection

Chadwick House

Blenheim Court

Solihull

B91 2AA

Yep you have probably guest it, they are in the same building as Creation.

If you have fond this post useful please sign up for this forum, and add your user name below.

I'm now in the process of making massive complaint, against Evershed, Creation and West Midlands Debt Collection Ltd.

I would like to finish by saying please do not worry, send all correspondence to the address above, bypassing the so called solicitors, these debt collection letters are not even legal.

Send a prove it letter and fight back.

Remember this is Creation, covert way on collection

Edited by cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...