Euro Car Parks...again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a letter from ECP

They say that I failed to pay a Parking Charge Notice within the allotted time, and having got in touch with the DVLA to identify me, I now owe them £25, and if I don't pay within 28 days it will be referred to the George Walker Group (debt collectors??) and I will owe another £25.

The problem is, I was not in the town where the ticket was supposedly issued. It is 8 miles away, and i don't believe that the car has ever been in that town at any time. I know where the car was at the time the ticket was supposedly issued, but would be hard pressed to prove it.

Other threads recommend ignoring the notices, but I an uncomfortable doing this with the threat of escalation. Any advice?

Other threads recommend ignoring the notices, but I an uncomfortable doing this with the threat of escalation. Any advice?

If someone sent you an invoice for a new car that you hadn't purchased or ordered would you pay it - of course not!

Same principle - why do you feel uncomfortable paying for a parking service you have never used. If I were you, I would be more concerned about your car being potentially cloned. I got a PCN from Ealing Council for stopping in a yellow hatch - I'd never been to Ealing and it turned out that someone had copied my plates and used them on an identical car.

Private invoices are not Local Authority or Police penalties. Of course, pay or appeal genuine PCN's/FPN's straight away but don't pay for a private service you haven't ever used!

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Cloning was one of my concerns. If this is the case, then what should I do? I am inclined to write to them, and say the car has never ever been in the town where the ticket was issued, and was certainly not parked there when they issued a ticket. Presumably then, they would need to provide some photographic evidence? I have no intention of paying, but am concerned that failure to respond could lead to me being black listed on some credit ratings.

Cloning was one of my concerns. If this is the case, then what should I do? I am inclined to write to them, and say the car has never ever been in the town where the ticket was issued, and was certainly not parked there when they issued a ticket.

That would be better reported to the police. Let them deal with ECP (be great if ECP demand 10 quid of the police when they ask them to provide the photo as evidence :D )

Presumably then, they would need to provide some photographic evidence? I have no intention of paying, but am concerned that failure to respond could lead to me being black listed on some credit ratings.

They cannot touch your credit rating

Cloning was one of my concerns. If this is the case, then what should I do? I am inclined to write to them, and say the car has never ever been in the town where the ticket was issued, and was certainly not parked there when they issued a ticket. Presumably then, they would need to provide some photographic evidence? I have no intention of paying, but am concerned that failure to respond could lead to me being black listed on some credit ratings.

I see ECP are now using the George Walker Group. Obviously Brinx and Control Account wernt doing thier jobs:p

There is no point in writing to ECP IMO as they will ignore you and reiterate thier stance for you to pay up.They are a private company, will never turn down profit and will reject any sound reasoning on your part no matter how valid. My guess is the PPC 'random generator' has been at it again and has thrown up your name. Its quite common for people to have letters for things that do not concern them (you should see the threatograms people recieve on the DCA forum!). If you are concerned regarding possible identity issues then contact the police immediately.

As for credit ratings this would only effect you if you went to court (you wont), lose, then fail to pay the amount awarded against you. This is not going to happen though so relax;)

I am affraid that you cannot reason with unreasonable people and ECP are unreasonable people. The burden of proof lies with them to prove that your vehicle was where they said it was. If they cannot then tough luck for them.

They only people that I would be worried about contacting is the Police and reporting that you believe your vehicle may have been cloned.

Let us be clear, the only occassion on which your credit record would be affected is if ECP took you to court, you lost and then refused to pay the amount owed within 30 days. You would get a CCJ which would affect your ability to obtain credit. That said, for that set of events to happen would be extremely unlikely. PPC's often don't take people to court because (1) they nearly always end up with egg on their face (2) it simply isn't a commerically viable option.

They will lie to you till their back teeth fall out. They will tell you about debt collectors, credit ratings, bailliffs, court proceedings - everything. It is all designed to scare. Always question the authority and power behind these threats. A private parking firm has the same legal status as your local plumber.

Best Regards,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08