• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GE Money PPI on Mortgage & a Secured Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening Dougal, I think you will find it is I that has the tiny brain :)

I am not thinking very straight at the mo, so apologies for seeming so very stupid, I promise I am not always like this (I think :rolleyes:)

You have been a great help - thanks

Deli

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Part 2 lol

Received more documentation from them today...! my files must be enormous at GE! anyway I have some printouts from them, now these are going to take me a while to go through them. I thought that when i took out the secured loan that we hadn't taken PPI, but it looks like it was and is added to the loan...to the princely sum on over 5700 :eek: so i am also paying interest on this. I really can't remember asking for this as I more often than not stipulate that I get paid for being off sick and therefore i dont see the need. How do i know if i agreed to this? Also, The loan term is 156 months, but the insurance expires on 23.1.12??? erm doesnt sound right to me?

Any suggestions as to what i am looking for with this would be greatly appreciated.

Deli x

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone looked at the above and can help at all?

Also, had 2 calls from them today over the same account, now he has just told me that the letters that they are sending out today carry a £25 charge per person on the account! So me and hubby, £50 for them to tell me i am in arrears that i know about and have an arrangement in place for? also they tell me that i am on verge of litigation where they will send our files to their solicitors? what the?

They actually broke an arrangement a couple of months back not me! When i complained they phoned me and asked would i accept £50 compensation that I have to date not received. These are pure muppets! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Can anyone advise me?

I am a bit confused after the recent rulings etc.

I wrote to my mortgage company on 23rd November asking for my charges back. Gave them the 14 days but I have had no reply at all.

Am I now sending a letter before action? Can this still go ahead?

Any help would be appreciated.

x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was about to update this.

Got a letter from them enclosing a copy of a letter they said they sent to me back in December but i never received.

They have just said that they deem their charges to be fair basically, so i need some advice as to where i stand now and what is my next move. Can anyone help?

I was about to update this.

Got a letter from them enclosing a copy of a letter they said they sent to me back in December but i never received.

They have just said that they deem their charges to be fair basically, so i need some advice as to where i stand now and what is my next move. Can anyone help?

Good morning

I suggest that you write to them quoting the punishment given to GMAC buy the FSA - it works wonders...! If you Google GMAC it may surprise you...!!

I suggest also that you say something along the lines of ...'I am concious of the ruling in the recent decision made by the FSA against GMAC, and in the light of this would like to open a dialogue with you concerning the charges applied to my account.'...

Then I suggest the closing line should be...'in the event that you feel unable to respond in a positive vein, I reserve the right to refer this matter together with details of other claimants in an identical position to the FSA without further notice.'....

Finally....' I look forward to hearing from you within 28 days of the date of this letter.,'

Send by 1st class recorded delivery, (or if you feel a bit flush..Next day Special delivery..!!), sit back and wait....

I can guarantee that you will hear from their solicitors that bunch of wa*kers 'Eversheds'. Be very wary of them, they are a very crafty bunch - but they are easily overcome!!

Best wishes to all as usual

Dougal

• 3 months later...

I know I was slow on the uptake here, but have sent a letter to GE money asking them to look at the charges again and quoting the gmac stuff.

Have had a letter back to say that they are looking into my complaint and endeavour to get a reply to me by 25th June!

Will wait and see but not hopeful that they will pay up, my luck just isnt in at the moment.

Will keep you posted

• 1 month later...

Hi, Delicarik,

I can't understand why you have not yet escalated your complaint to the courts to reclaim your charges.

From what you say, your claim will be at least £1200, with additional interest, maybe as much as £2000? This will cost you less than £100 to claim back at the courts, (it will take a few hours to research and write the Particulars of Claim),you will receive the money back and they will have wasted £100s on having to pay a solicitor to defend.

Otherwise, I can't see them past fobbing you off for another 8 months, then another . . .

BAE :-)

I think you are right there, and this must be the route I now take as they have written to me and said the following:

They said they sent me a response on 12th December and that they never received a response (I always respond so baffled by this)

They have reviewed the account and can see it has been in arrears and that the charges applied to the account when arrears reach a certain level and reflect the general cost to them of maintaining a dedicated department for accounts in arrears. The cost is a result of contacting us by telephone, setting up arrangements, monitoring my account for payment and sending out letters.

The £40 admin fee is applied every month my account is in arrears.

TFor each direct debit missed, various(!) costs are incurred. I incurred costs when they tried to repossess my house and the solicitor sent invoices for the work carried out (I haven't asked for these fees back - should I?)

They then assure me that all their fees are applied within the terms and conditions of my mortgage!

They also know that their answer isn't what I was hoping for but they are confident that I will understand why they are unable to refund the charges.

Advice please? Should I proceed to court?

Thanks

They have reviewed the account and can see it has been in arrears and that the charges applied to the account when arrears reach a certain level and reflect the general cost to them of maintaining a dedicated department for accounts in arrears. The cost is a result of contacting us by telephone, setting up arrangements, monitoring my account for payment and sending out letters.

Hi,

If they are so confident about their charges, why will they not allow them to be assessed in court? The above response simply adds weight to your claim as it is such a nonsensical argument.

When it gets to court you can ask for a court order for them to produce detailed accounts of how they calculate the £40 charge etc - and they will provide nothing.

Because they lied.

And you will win.

BAE :)

HI, delcarik,

You can make a claim online, through the Moneyclaim website, or apply directly to the court nearest you.

My preference would be to go direct through a court as there is a word limit to your Particulars of Claim with Moneyclaim.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=3236X604245&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hmcourts-service.gov.uk%2Fcourtfinder%2Fforms%2Fn1_0102.pdf&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.consumeractiongroup.co.uk%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task%3Dview%26id%3D138%26Itemid%3D82

Firstly, you get a N1 claim form from the HMCS.gov.uk website or direct form your nearest county court.

The claim form is fairly simple. It will ask you for standard details about the amount you're claiming, the name and address of the defendant etc.

The only hard part is the Particulars of Claim, which your claim rests on, and needs to include details of the Acts you're relying on etc.

Once the form's done, make 2 further photocopies, including the PoC, and take them down to your county court. They will tell you the cost of making the claim, which is dependent on how much you're claiming.

Pay the cash. Get a receipt. Sit back and wait . . .

If you do decide to go for it, there may be others on here who will post ideas for your PoC.

I will post the PoC that were successful for me if you wish, and I would also suggest you scan the site for further ideas, particularly with regard to GE and recent developments.

Finally, be careful of posting too much information on here as GE may be one of the companies known to trawl the site and try to use posts against their 'valued' customers. PM (private message) a moderator if you're not sure whether to post something which may be sensitive.

Good luck!

BAE :)