• Tweets

• Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ... Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal   The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS - and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat   thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.
    • Commentary June 2024 WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK Interesting article about just how bad it could be for the Tories.  Also Tories could be hoping on Reform not having candidates in many seats, as they were not ready.  
    • Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

court order /cca

DOZY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have got a court order for £3400 payable @ £2-00 per month, from dec 2006, I think the debt is for the CO-OP and Equidebt, and now been run by geofrey parker bourne solicitoers,

on the 19th august 2009 I have received a letter reminding me of a warrant of execution saying they are instructing the bailiffs to act', basicly to act in 48 hours to avoid this action.

On the 24 th august a request for the CCA was sent out, no reply whats so ever.

A request was sent on the 03 september 2009 , requesting a write off on hardship and health grounds , no reply has been received to date.

My question is although a court order was issued ,can i challenge them to prove a valid CCA was shown to court, or is just a application ok for the court.

Also can I request a CCA even though the court are involved .

If every reply i get says yes , i will send for a SAR , or can i get something done about it at the court.

dozy

The court order will in effect take preference over the cca request. That is now dead and buried in effect.

If you was ordered by the court to pay £2 per month, and you have kept it up without missing a payment, then the creditor can only increase the payment or claim full repayment by going back to court and getting the original order amended. You would be aware that this was being done since the court would inform you prior to any hearing.

IMHO and to bump you back up the top of the list, As the court has ordered you to pay £2 a month and you fail to adhere to their order then Bailiffs will remove goods to the amount.

CCA'ing them now has absolutely no effect, this should have been done long ago when they were initially asking for money, a court order or CCJ overrides any technicalities such as an enforceable CCA.

So if you are unable to pay the £2 a month then you could apply to the court to get this judgement set aside, although 48 hours is not long enough.

£2 a month is extremely lenient, and as you failed to put in any defence then that is what you must pay, until ordered otherwise, 'by a Judge'.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Dozy here

regarding your replys i,m a bit miffed by them, but anyway what i forgot or wanted to say was that i have had some success with write offs and have some non-compliance with CCA requests , those that i have received are only application forms not CCA,s.

and another one wrote it off probably knowing they had no true CCA document

But back to my original posting , what i thought ,given what i now know of CCA,s , is their could be a chance that they too produced just a application form to the court, and not a true copy, i do not think the courts would decide to interfere in this aspect,so long as the paper work appears ok to them .

Do the courts check that the CCA is true legal document ,or doe,s it just pass it through as ok .

This is the reason why i have CCA,d the solicitor, with no reply as such yet.

If the solicitor thinks its ok to call in the ballifs , i think originaly the creditor got the court order not the solicitor, thus GPB would not know what was presented to the court CCA wise.

Therefore can i challange all parties to provide the CCA/goods and if the court order was made on an application CCA ,and not a true copy of it.

And can i ask the courts for a copy of those documents presented as CCA agreement.

dozy

You are subject of a court order to pay £2/month; you can apply to get this set aside or changed on presentation of new grounds, which will be up to you to substantiate. Only the court can change this charge and they will be within their rights to call in balifs if you are not paying.

Hi

Too put it bluntly I wish to know if i can receive a CCA from GPB for the original that should have presented to the court on in Dec 2006, the court was in nottingham , i live in birmingham.

Can i ask GPB to produce the original true CCA that may or was not presented to the court in my absence, or documents that were from GPB or equidebt to the court.

dozy

IMO Dozy, you can ask, but the court has already decided that everything was above board and all documents were legally enforceable.

So the OC or GPB/Equidebt do not have to show you or provide the Agreement, as a Judge has decided it was all correct.

If your arguement is that you were unable to travel to the court, then that should be case enough to have the CCJ set aside, but it has gone past the CCA stage unfortunately, and I'm not even 100% sure if you can reqest it if you get the judgement set aside??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!