Halifax Overdraft - Changes to Accounts £1 a day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well im finished in 2 weeks with them and good riddance to them.

Notice how they don't have the bottle to come onto the forum and try to explain themselves, but why would they when they just got another 30 billion from the public purse ! I'd prosecute the lot of them.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You will be surprised how painless it really is..once you get the courage to do it."

Henceforth the phrase shooting yourself in the foot shall be linked to Halifax by way of example.

Most people NEVER change thier accounts, which is why the banks pretty do much do what they want, and are able to get away with it.

There is more of this to come when they eventually admit defeat and start trying to charge for everything thier complaint systems will be unbale to cope with the sheer volume of complaints.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Yes, thats exactly what I got. Its just a generic letter to acknowledge that they received your complaint. According to the Drone I spoke to on the blower, they will be replying individually to the points in the letters.

Dont hold you breath for them to back down though. Ive now moved my account to a different ripoff merchant, and they can get MY offering of overdraft repayment, what I think is fair...a quid a week should do. Stuff em.

Yer, and a little Extra bull****e goes a long way:D

LMFAO

When I called to complain I was told it was my OWN fault for getting myself in this situation in the first place. In an icy tone of voice, I reminded the smug little toad that when I took out the account with Halifax, I accepted the Ts and Cs I was given. I pointed out that these have now changed, which amounts to them moving the goalposts, which amounts to a breach of contract. I went on to say, politely but firmly, that if everyone in the land behaved in such a manner, ie change the rules to suit ourselves and swindle others, then the country would be in the doldrums...oh dear that appears to have already happened. I advised the stuck-up twerp that this will not be the last that the Halifax hears from me, and I will be taking my complaints further. I ended the conversation by adding that I am in the process of changing banks...but I will keep my account with them open. Of course, I can't pay back the overdraft at any more than £5 a month. Being as I have no savings with them, they cannot make me.

I know they are only doing their jobs blah blah blah. I am sorry but I have very little sympathy for the middle management in those call centres. They choose to accept a higher salary to make other people's lives miserable. The lower-paid call centre monkeys I do have sympathy for, after all a job is a job. :(

Halifax Does not charge to investigate your complaint..lol Well not yet anyway, Just think how much they would make out of that [problem].. considering the amount of complaints that they are getting..

Now Im meaning this as a Joke if the Halifax are reading this... But nothing would surprise me , And if you do introduce it Halifax I hope I get at least 50% cut of any profits so I can donate them to CAG...lol

Ian

Edited by reidnet
bad spelling due to sore finger..lol

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

:shock: So that would work out at £125 a year to get an o/d of £100? Ouch! :shock:

It appears so.

Maybe to prove to them how much they are stressing me out and making my illness worse, I should mail them an envelope full of yellow phleghm. That might bring it home to them or at least make them feel nauseated enough to think about the real impact they are having on real people!!!

Never mind them feeling nauseated, what about me?:(

About the Rewards account. Another miselling if ever I saw one.

"Rewards". Bull...Banks NEVER reward customers, only THEMSELVES.

:-xGod people, I wish the majority of Drones out there would wake up out of their spoon-fed existences and begin to question the world around themselves, because the signs are all there for some MAJOR crap to come.

Just do a bit of digging youselves. You have the best knowledge bank at your fingertips..yes, right there in front of you NOW. Have a look into Capitalism and its shady offshoots.:-x

Edited by coolchris

Wait a second if they have NO PLANS to help people who are STUCK in the OVERDRAFT trap then they are not even adhering to all that banking code stuff.

Still I shouldn't be suprised, its never really been enforced. Even the waiver trumpeted by the FSA is being ignored.

Come to think of it the FSA should get off thier behind, this is just the most recent change to the detriment of customers which is a clear breach of the waiver.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Wait a second if they have NO PLANS to help people who are STUCK in the OVERDRAFT trap then they are not even adhering to all that banking code stuff.

Still I shouldn't be suprised, its never really been enforced. Even the waiver trumpeted by the FSA is being ignored.

Come to think of it the FSA should get off thier behind, this is just the most recent change to the detriment of customers which is a clear breach of the waiver.

NOTHING surprises me anymore mate. We just have to fight them and not just sit on OUR arses and do squat, otherwise they win. Not while I have a breath in my body will I bow down to these fatarsed scumbags. I know what I signed for and I will NOT accept anything but that.

Got another letter from them, confirming yet again that they have received my letter and will reply no later than 16 DECEMBER 2009..AMAZINGLY 10 DAYS AFTER THE CHARGES COME INTO EFFECT.

I've also sent a further letter explaining my first letter wasn't on of complaint, simply an absolute refusal to accept their change in T&C.

I've yet to receive a response but will guess it will be along similar lines.

It's just frustrating that you can't speak to anyone with an ounce of sympathy and hal a brain cell at the Halifax. I'll be looking forward to screwing them for more charges back if they start to charge me after my absolute refusal to accept the changes!

• Haha 1

It must be a bit annoying for them really... If you say you don't accept the new T&Cs, they have to write back and say "ok, then you need to close your account", at which point you say "I can't do it in one go, what arrangements can we come to?" and then they really have a problem. :-D

I do feel a tad smug, I have to admit. They relied on people being trapped whether they wanted to or not and now they're having to deal with, well, us. It does please me immensely to place yet another grain of sand in their machinery. :-D

December 1st.

I'll work on that over the rest of the week and post them up.

Hi there,

As "Luke Skywalker" I would like to send them the template letter once is finished..:p

Give them something to these cretins to digest:D.

Wait a second.....this is what is about their advert - with the fisherman that catches the fishes including a shark, then by having a "good heart" it lets all the fishes go including the DOLPHIN as shark....

DD:cool:

Edited by London000

The biggest problem will be faced by the people who cannot afford to pay off their overdraft and rely on it to live on. Which works out to a lot of people. Halifax KNOW this. Halifax are relying on the fact that we don't know what we're doing and will lay down and play dead whilst they get away with creaming all our hard-earned. Now I am just not willing to do this. Dunno about anyone else!!!:)

I cant afford to pay em back, but Ive moved banks and they can whistle for it at terms that I dicate the THEM..let me see, a quid a week should do...mainly because they know a court will find in favour of me as Im only on Carers allowance and Income Support, so my they can threaten to knacker my credit rating etc, but..hey its already knackered thanks to them in the first place, so they cant make it any worse, LOL.

Never mind them feeling nauseated, what about me?:(

............ Have a look into Capitalism and its shady offshoots.:-x

Hi there,

Does that mean that we are closer to a Communist aproach by the bank?

I think we are already there as banks like to have the feel of that russian bolshevik Stalin - ignoring the feelings of people, ignoring their sufferings, all together ignoring that they are in those jobs because we have paid their salaries...To add that on top of which they got the bonusses from ripping us all off by opening ghost accounts and who knows what else they have done for so many years.

Shame on them that they are showing their faces in courts and keep denying all their actions and facts in front of everyone including the Judges ....until that day...

DD

ignoring the feelings of people, ignoring their sufferings, all together ignoring that they are in those jobs because we have paid their salaries...To add that on top of which they got the bonusses from ripping us all off by opening ghost accounts and who knows what else they have done for so many years.
All of which is very much the hallmarks of a capitalist system, actually. :razz:

It must be a bit annoying for them really... If you say you don't accept the new T&Cs, they have to write back and say "ok, then you need to close your account", at which point you say "I can't do it in one go, what arrangements can we come to?" and then they really have a problem. :-D

I do feel a tad smug, I have to admit. They relied on people being trapped whether they wanted to or not and now they're having to deal with, well, us. It does please me immensely to place yet another grain of sand in their machinery. :-D

do i need to "say" that in writing? or just phone?